Bushwood CC (X360) (Roster Full)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by RynoAid, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

TW is probably close to the bottom of games that get played by the majority of TSO members, people have issues with the gameplay, people are tired of the inconsistencies with wind/swing tempo/putting/glitches, games not fun for them any more, people who play bad aren't getting better, can't play tournaments with other people, parity, to just name a few.

Probably be able to combine Bushwood and Tradition Sports CC.

We've only had 10-12 people the last few weeks.
  2. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

It is quite simple imo.Anyway we want to coat it TW is just not the mainstream game FIFA,Madden or NCAA are.I know what you've read,but I doubt it you can find more than 2-3 clubs on each console that will maintain the participation you are looking for year round.In the case of Bushwood ,the reality is most of the members were core TSO members,and sadly (for me) most of them will move on to other games.

I am not this concerned as I expect to have some participation in my club tournaments,but there is also always daily's and h2h play.I will concentrate a bit more on these once my season is over,in which case club membership becomes only a patch on virtual golf bag.Of course I've always said imo the CC rankings they have out there are meaningless,so I don't care that much if I'm part of a club that's ranked 3rd or 133rd...
  3. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

Ya, I don't care about the rankings. That's not why I would like to see more participation. I would love to see CC dailies tournaments with 15 or more players. And it doesn't have to revolve around a serious competition. It's just for fun. As of right now, though, even if we had Dailies set up (which we haven't for the last 10 days or so), the participation wouldn't be there. (It was probably half of the TSO tournaments anyways....which is probably why Skinnie stopped posting them. I don't blame him).

I just dont see that happening now with our league tournaments, which unfortunate. In fact, in Bushwood, participation numbers from the beginning have been as so: 20-21-17-17-15-15-11-9. Not even double digits the last tournament. And as of right now, we've only got 4 posting scores. It's early, I know.

And yes, I know there are dailies to play, but those can get sort of boring not knowing how you are doing against your friends in your CC.

I just know that this is my game for the time being and I hope it doesn't die with the end of our season.
  4. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 2 Star Recruit

I will def. continue to play this game when ncaa comes out, but I will be all over ncaa as well. I dont usually play the dailys anyway...im usually just doing the bushwood weekly and then ranked matches after that. The only thing about ranked matches is everyone wants to play pro and I hate that crap. The spin is just stupid and i refuse to play with the spin. Not playing pro makes it really difficult to get matches which can get frustrating. Maybe after the season is over we could find a way to do a Ryder Cup (xbox vs playstation) with some of the active members of both platforms.
  5. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

For me its a combination of things. The game did get stale, certainly, but I've also started playing golf a lot more so my thirst is sort of quenched I guess. That and of course Skinnie blowing us all out every week, lol.

Seriously though, the hard reality is that most of the guys here are football guys at heart, myself included. TW is a nice break from the gridiron but football will always be my main focus and once that hype train gets rolling (and it has), its easy to get out of the habit of playing TW every day when I get home from work. With the weather being as nice as it is I'm either at the range or on the basketball court or fishing or 1 of many of things I'd rather be doing. It sucks, but I'm just being honest.
  6. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

I hear ya.
  7. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

Shocked that only 7 people have registered status points this week so far.
  8. jmarks2001

jmarks2001 1 Star Recruit

What kind of participation is the other TSO X360 club getting? Is it time to consider consolidating once the season is over?
  9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

I knew I would lose interest in TW once it was decided to use the swing meter.

Frankly, the country clubs should be split up based on ability, with regulation. When I shoot my best score ever and don't get within 30 shots of the leader it kills some of the joy for me.

The last thing...this is basically a loner game with social reporting. It would get more involvement if you could play rounds WITH other people online. Golf is really a social game and not being able to talk to people while playing kills the mood for me.
  10. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

Well, we had 4 people report a full tournament score this week. Four. And we only had 7 participate. Out of 25.

Bushwood is dying.

It doesn't have to be a 'loner game'. I suggested (and then got sort of shot down) the idea of having people on at the same time while shooting the tournament rounds. Yes, it's not quite the same as playing WITH someone, but it's still fun.

As one who plays this game religiously it's kind of disappointing. But I realize my expectations are going to be much higher than most.
    Vlad likes this.
  11. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I agree with Shaun on a lot of levels.

In Tiger 12 we had flight groups so we always played with the same group of guys (roughly) and things were more fun to watch other peoples shots and chit chat and what not.
  12. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Yes. It was fun to make fun of others bad shots. I agree with the missing social aspect from this season has put a damper on the game.
  13. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

Well, I'm here to stay.

I'd say we should consider consolidating our CCs into one or at least moving some of the more active members around, etc. Just my opinion.

Also, if our Admin for Bushwood wants help with setting up tournaments for the CC (after the season), I'd be more than interested in helping out.
  14. Vlad

We never took that option away. I've stated in te beginning of the season if people want to play together they are welcome to do so. Obviously it would've been harder for them because of the wind difference but not much we could do about it.
  15. Vlad

A.none of the people who wanted the meter off expressed ANY interest in stepping up and organizing or helping organizing meter less tournaments

B.it is unrealistic IMO. I'll maintain my position gol tour is only fun with a lot of (25+ people). We do not have enough people to split up.
    I also thought TSO does not put winning above all, so if people are unhappy of being out of contention, except helping them improve we can't do anything else.
    We also put and continue to put a lot of time maintaining the handicaps, so if this doesn't help once again I'm not sure what else can be done.

C. It is all we have.There have been people asking for option for 2 or more to play tournaments together for years,but we don't have this option. Maybe you can pass it along next time you go to Orlando.
    Also Like stated above people have always been welcome to play their rounds together if they like.
  16. SkinniePost

SkinniePost 2 Star Recruit

I will be out of town again this weekend, and I return on Monday, so the Bushwood scores will be posted late.
    StormJr likes this.
  17. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.