Custom Stadium Sounds

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Quagmire34, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

Custom Stadium Sounds

Within this thread, I will provide links to full sets of custom stadium sounds that I'm compiling for each team in our league. These sounds can be used whether you are the home team or the visiting team. Stay tuned for updates as I package and post each set. In the meantime, below are some instructions on how to stream these sounds from a PC to your 360. Streaming is much easier than burning a disk and copying the files to your 360 hard drive in my opinion. Plus it is easier to change your sounds from game to game via streaming.

Instructions for Streaming Custom Stadium Sounds

Instructions for Streaming Custom Stadium Sounds (PDF Version)

I'll post some sounds file sets tonight. Please check out these instructions and let me know if they are missing anything or if they are too hard to follow. This is my first attempt at documenting this, so I aapreciate your feedback.
  2. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

3. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

4. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

5. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

6. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

7. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

8. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

9. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Win The Day

some reason I cant open the instructions
  10. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

For anyone who was having trouble opening the instructions I posted, I saved it again in an older MS Word format. I updated the link to the instructions accordingly. Also, if you don't have MS Office, try the PDF version. If you don't have Adobe Reader installed, it's a free download. Hope this helps!

More sets are coming. I am working on Bama, Ole Miss, and Florida next.
  11. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I used stadium sounds in '09 and I'm looking for an easier way to get more into the game. I followed your guide but I ran into a snag.

In step 12, I can see my sounds just fine. I have the entire list there. When I go to my custom stadium sounds in game, however, when I go to select the playlist, the only ones listed are the ones that I've physically saved to my xbox HDD. I don't see any of the playlists on my PC. It's also my understanding that I can't just copy the songs from my PC to my xbox HDD (without a CD or something).

What do I have to do to be able to select the playlists from my PC which in NCAA?
  12. jello1717

I used stadium sounds in '09 and I'm looking for an easier way to get more into the game. I followed your guide but I ran into a snag.

In step 12, I can see my sounds just fine. I have the entire list there. When I go to my custom stadium sounds in game, however, when I go to select the playlist, the only ones listed are the ones that I've physically saved to my xbox HDD. I don't see any of the playlists on my PC. It's also my understanding that I can't just copy the songs from my PC to my xbox HDD (without a CD or something).

What do I have to do to be able to select the playlists from my PC which in NCAA?
  13. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

Hmmm...my best guess is that the game is deferring to your HD first as the source, since you have playlists there. My recommendation is to remove the playlists on your HD (as long as you have a backup on a CD or something). That way, hopefully, the game will move on to your networked PC as the source. I know this may seem risky, but in theory you really have no need to store playlists on your HD if you can see them in your Music Library with your PC being the source. Let me know if that works for you.
  14. jello1717

So, I went and removed all of the playlists from my HDD and now, while inside of NCAA's custom sounds menu I can see and assign the playlists from my PC. However, I can't preview the songs (it says there's an error) and they don't work while in the games.

So, it appears as if my NCAA can "see" the songs on my PC, but it can't play them.

Any ideas on how to fix that?
  15. jello1717

Okay. The problem is that the playlists are empty. When I look at them in my music library on my XB they're empty. I just unzipped one of your files (Ohio State) which has a song and a playlist for each event. I just need to figure out how to get the song in the playlist.
  16. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

Try this...copy or extract the mp3s to a seperate folder. Double-click on the first mp3, which should launch the file in WMP or QuickTunes. From there, save the file over the original location, for example C:\NCAA Custom Stadium Sounds\My Stadium Sounds. Rinse and repeat for the other mp3s.

You should only have to do this once. It's a rare, but known problem. Hope this works for you.
  17. jello1717

It seems like the songs are not being seen by my xbox. I've played around with the playlists, edited them to try different locations, but when I look at my xbox, it can see all of my playlists, it tells me that my playlists are empty, and none of the songs show up under songs on my xbox.
  18. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

Weird. Did you try my suggestion above? What happens when you launch one on the playlists from you PC?
  19. jello1717

I can't even figure out how to save a song with either itunes or WMP.

When I launch the playlist on my PC, it plays the song like it should.
  20. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

Okay. so just copy the mp3s to another folder. Launch one an mp3 from there and if opens in WMP, just right click on the little logo in the top left hand corner next to "Windows Media Player". Then go to File > Save As...

Browse to the location you first extracted everything to and save the mp3 over the existing one. Lemme know if that works. It should.
  21. jello1717

sending this to PMs
  22. jello1717

Deleted all of my posts to clean up your thread.
  23. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

Cool beans. I removed a few too. Glad we got your custom sounds working. I'll be posting some more sound sets this weekend.
  24. jello1717

Not that people here will care, but today I've done sets for Michigan, Michigan State, and Iowa. I'm starting on Wisconsin now, but I'm having trouble finding music for them.
  25. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

I've got a pretty good Wisconsin set. I'll post it tonight.