1. Hey Guest,

We are testing some visual changes. This is obviously just a starting point, but we'd love your feedback. Note you can change to a dark style by clicking the TSO 2.0 link on the bottom left of any page.

You can leave feedback here: Feedback

Administration

Fall Tour Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by StormJr, Sep 20, 2012.

?

Are you in?

1. I'm in!

42.9%
  2. I'm in, but I probably won't play all of the tournaments

7.1%
  3. I'm out

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

Hey all -

Just wanted to let you know that I will be starting and administering a fall tour soon. Not sure of specifics yet and I'm sure participation won't be that great, but I really want to see this place active again. I know, I know, lots of good sports games out there...but I still want to try.

Apologies to those who may have sold their game back based on the fact that there wasn't going to be any tour.

Something to think about that would make it easier to administer....having all XBOX participants in one CC and all PS3 participants in another CC. I am a GM of Bushwood, so would prefer if all of the xbox guys would be in that CC. That would mean replacing members that are inactive and won't play TW13 anymore with members of the Fall Tour. It would just make things easier to administer especially considering we probably won't have a full 25 participating anyways. This would also mean that if we have PS3 participants I would need someone on that side to administer a CC and report scores for me.

In all likelihood, it will be similar to the regular tour earlier this summer. There may be variations from week to week (no green grid, no swing meter), but the swing difficulty is expected to stay at the highest like it was in the summer (unless there is a vocal majority interested in taking it down to Tour Pro).

I may throw in some curve balls as well such as 2 round tournaments, but at 2 different courses (would have to be single round tournaments played on certain days, but could still be fun!).

I will probably keep both a scratch and a handicap leaderboard (very basic taking the average of your last 10 rounds). I haven't decided yet if I will be doing a fedex style thing or not, probably, but not set in stone.

I'n not expecting large participation numbers, but obviously the more the merrier.

So please let me know if you plan on participating or not and we'll try to get things squared away over the next 10 days. Also, any new TW golfers out there that want to join in, please let me/us know.

Look for more information on the Fall Tour coming soon. A likely start week would be the first or second week of October.

2nd2none, BlyGilmore, bprough, BRUCE80, Cgreen214, Cheez, Danthraxxx, Detredwings32, houdiniHUSKER, jmarks2001, Keller, MantisPower, Merk12521, niuhuskie224, Noles1724, ren6175, RynoAid, Selvy9, Shaun Mason, SkinniePost, uncleho, Wvgolfer81, ZFarls, abolishthefed, androomaj, bamagrad, beardcoast, BirdDog1980, Boom29, Bulldog, CapEm16, clayandlbf, Darkwing, Eaglems302, Famou5 Five, Jamie, jlukes, JohnnyClutch, Matt10, Noahsdadphil, NismoRR, recchem2000, shootah66, Timpegoose, Altern8, boil16, Bruinboy20, buddycris75, Goose, krtgolfing, Jon Carroll, Chale83, Cimmy24, Ian Moss, N3XT, DrunkenSoldier, Dub-ya, Emmdotfrisk, Dominik, thoov08, J_Man_813, jbuck75, NDCOLTS1979, Paulitix, ragingpoodle, Redef, SmokeCG25, TiredPlayer, Vlad
    Skittles6547 likes this.
  2. boil16

boil16 2 Star Recruit

I would most likely be interested. PS3 Tradition Country Club
    StormJr likes this.
  3. abolishthefed

abolishthefed 5 Star Recruit

I am out. I traded in the game.
    StormJr likes this.
  4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

I can't compete with you guys.

Stupid swing meter.:)
  5. BirdDog1980

BirdDog1980 2 Star Recruit

Even though I haven't played Tiger in about 2 months, I'm down for a Fall tour. I'm on XBox, and currently in Tradition Sports CC.. at least I think I'm still in there lol.
  6. Selvy9

Selvy9 4 Star Recruit

Yea sure.
  7. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

StormJr

I haven't played since NCAA came out but I would be down for a fall tour. Count me in!
  8. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx HK 15' Seahawks !

9. Ian Moss

Ian Moss 2 Star Recruit

Hi there I traded my game in a while ago for madden but would be willing to go buy a used copy to play on a fall tour. Count me in.
  10. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

Hey Ian....I'd hold off on re-buying the game yet. Don't want you to waste your money. If I end up only getting 4 people saying yes (as indicated by the poll), then I'd have to rethink it.

Just don't want you to go out and waste your money. I'll keep an eye on this thread for the next 10 days or so and if it seems like a good deal, then I'll make that decision.

Until then...enjoy Madden. ;)
  11. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

12. Selvy9

Selvy9 4 Star Recruit

lol, 5 person round robin match play tournament? :oops:
  13. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

Across two platforms? :oops:

lol....all kidding aside, i was hoping for a better turnout, but totally surprised. A lot of good sports games out there right now. I myself have been playing NHL and love it.

Obviously I wont be doing this if there is just 5 people interested across 2 platforms. I will still keep this open and watch it over the next few weeks to see if there is more interest.

it was worth a try anyways....:)
  14. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I would play. Xbox on tiger for me.
  15. BirdDog1980

BirdDog1980 2 Star Recruit

Aww, I was hoping for a better turnout as well. The Spring/Summer tour was a blast to play, but I did notice some fall off towards the end there.. really around the matchplay tournament it started to die down. In fact, I don't even think the standings & spreadsheets were ever updated.. I have no idea who won the tour lol.

But yeah I agree there's some very good games out right now. i'm addicted to Madden, and now FIFA's out as well. Tiger is pretty much a seasonal game I think, and it's life expectancy for most people is only a couple of months. Only the most avid golfers still play it now. I still playit a couple times a week, but it's usually when a buddy or 2 come over. I haven't played online in forever.
  16. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

Well guys, sorry to disappoint those who were looking forward to it, but this ain't happening with only 6 interested.

Hopefully we can have a good turnout for TW14. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.