Football Manager 13: The Career of Michael Timpe

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by Timpegoose, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Timpegoose

Timpegoose 5 Star Recruit

[​IMG]

Record: 4-0-3 (12 points)
    League Position: 4th
    Recent Form: LWWWL

Top Scorer: Timmy Lai - 5
    Assists: Timmy Lai - 6

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    hammerhead1010 likes this.
  2. Timpegoose

Started out unemployed in June of 2012, and was able to sign with Russian First Division squad Torpedo Moscow. They were dead last in the division with 3 points in 9 games when I took over.

Season 1
    Seasons Expectations: Finish in the top half.

Transfer Budget: 0$
    Wage Budget: $66,040 per week.
    Current Wages: $72,024 per week.

Final Position:

Top Scorer:
    MVP:
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  3. Timpegoose

**Apparently the Twitter integration isn't working right now. I'll manually update at times until the in-game feed is working.​
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  4. Timpegoose

Club Information: Torpedo Moscow_ Information General.png Torpedo Moscow_ Information Facilities.png
  5. Timpegoose

In Coach Timpe's debut the boys played very well, which had to be a bit of a shock to fans after the abysmal start to the season. Debuting as Torpedo Moscow's new manager on the road to FC Ufa, we were able to take a 2-0 lead in the 9th minute behind goals from Yury Gazinskiy and Denis Boyarintsev. Ufa would start to put some pressure on in the 2nd half, and a 77th minute goal from Diego Carlos had the away fans nervous, but we were able to hang on for the 2-1 lead.

I'll probably try to update this once every in game month, or with any big stories that come up throughout the season. Here's to hoping I can keep us out of the relegation zone!
  6. elprez98

elprez98 3 Star Recruit

Timpegoose

Is there an online career mode this year? It seems like they have it on steam now?
  7. Timpegoose

I think so, but I'm not 100% sure how it works. If you have the game let me know and we can do some testing. Would love to run one with a couple guys. I think everybody has to be on at the same time though.
  8. elprez98

elprez98 3 Star Recruit

I don't have it yet and quite frankly probably won't be getting it until maybe March at the earliest. I have the itch to get it but I'm going to hold off. I was just wondering since I see you've got it.
  9. Timpegoose

Yeah, its awesome so far man. Let me know when you do get it.
  10. Timpegoose

I've been meaning to update this but keep forgetting... I got fired by Torpedo Moscow about halfway through the season, and now I'm in the 2nd Division (3rd tier) of Northern Ireland.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Malachians looks to be a rather tough gig, but at least they aren't in financial hell and don't have high expectations. Its literally starting from scratch here. They just turned semi-professional 2 weeks ago in game, and currently have no coaches and the squad is pretty barebones. So I suppose the first order of business is to get somewhat of a staff behind me, and get a scout out to bring some players in and give the squad some depth.
  11. Timpegoose

Season Preview

First Team

Formation: 4-4-2

Goalkeeper: Paraic Foley. Paraic looks to be the leader of our team at the young age of 24. He's a very influential player on the pitch, and won the job because of his shot stopping abilities compared to the backup James McConville.

Left Back: Probably our weakest position. New signing Corey Pollack will start the campaign there due mostly to his athleticism.

Center Back: Liam Rainey is another new signing, and will hopefully be able to use his size and athleticism to shut down opposing strikers. Despite his size at 6'1 195, he is fairly weak.

Center Back: 19 year old Ross Stewart will pair up with Rainey as the right side center back. Steward impressed the assistant coach Brian Donaghy at the Northern Ireland Trials, and we approached him to sign with us at Donaghy's recommendation.

Right Back: 18 year old Aaron Glendinning is the lone returning player on the starting back line, and will also be the biggest project back there. He has potential to be a good player, but could still use some development. He'll be getting thrown into the fire early on this year.

Left Midfielder: Darren Doyle returns to the squad and will look to use his pace to cause some havoc down the wings. Not an incredibly technical player, but hopefully pacey enough to cause some problems.

Center Midfielder: Ben Mulgrew came in on a free this summer, and is by far the most athletic player on our team. We look for him to really work and break up attacks early and often.

Center Midfielder: 18 year old Jude Ballard is going to be the guy pulling all of the strings for us. He's technically gifted for his age and will hopefully be able to really control the tempo of the game for us.

Right Midfielder: Trevor Beggs won't look to do much for us other than going at defenders, and hopefully getting into some dangerous positions on the wings. What he does with the ball once he gets there may be another story.

Striker: At 6'2 189 Ollie McGlynn will be roaming the box looking to finish some crosses, and will play something of a target man for us.

Striker: Timmy Lai will partner up with McGlynn, and is easily the better finisher of the two. We'll be hoping he can get on the end of some flicks from McGlynn, and just get himself into dangerous areas in the box.

Transfers
    IN:
    Corey Pollock - Free
    Timmy Lai - Free
    Ben Mulgrew - Free
    Liam Rainey - Free
    James McConville - Free
    Stephen McCabe - Free
    Jude Ballard - Free
    Ross Stewart - Free

OUT:
    With only 13 players on our senior squad when I came in, we had a ton of budget space and a lot of positions to fill. A lot of these guys will come in and contribute, and hopefully add to the depth of our squad. We're most excited about the CB/CM Ross Stewart, who signed only a couple of days before the friendly with Chimney Corner, so he may not see much action in the first friendly.
  12. Timpegoose

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not off to the greatest start to this campaign either. We played very well in a couple of the friendlies, beating Premier side Newry and getting a 1-0 result out of another Premier side Glenavon. So hopes were high heading into the season, but we played poorly in our first 2 league matches and couldn't grab a goal in either of them. The cup match against non-league Ballymoney United went fairly well with a 3-2 victory, but we were hoping to control the game a little bit better and get a bigger win. The most recent loss to Desertmartin was also very disappointing. That was a match we felt we should come out and dominate, but we just played really poorly. Ross Stewart missing from the midfield makes a huge difference for us. He played the first 50 minutes of this match, but wasn't quite fully recovered from his injury so he wasn't able to really make an impact.

[​IMG]

We have a nice 3 week break now to get Stewart healthy and really get comfortable in our tactics going forward. Right now we're working on a 4-4-2 and a 4-3-3, we don't have the players to go with anything too exotic. This will be a tough month for us with a trip to top flight Coleraine 3 days after a league match with Coagh. Hopefully at least the trip to Coleraine will bring some money in for the club. The home match with Sport & Leisure will be our best chance at grabbing points.
  13. elprez98

elprez98 3 Star Recruit

14. Timpegoose

[​IMG]

Sitting 4th after October, definitely having a much better run than I was in Russia. We're only 7 games in out of 31 total, so I shouldn't get too excited yet, but with the goal of avoiding relegation I like where this season is heading so far. A top half finish would be a success in my book.

[​IMG]

September had a couple of pretty crazy games. We came in as underdogs in the 4-2 win over Coagh, but 2 own goals and 2 injuries for them helped spur us on to victory. This one really seemed to spark the guys as we went on a nice little run after this. The 4-0 loss to Coleraine completely contradicts what I just said, but they're the 3rd place team in the premier division right now. Wouldn't expect anything less. Finished the month with a 4-1 win over Sport & Leisure though, where Timmy Lai scored 2 and assisted on 1.

[​IMG]

Timmy Lai had an incredible run of form starting with that last game in September, stretched through October. He's scored 5 goals in his last 5 and has an average rating of 7.88 over the same span. Lai and Ollie McGlynn each scored 3 in our 3 October matches, and the defense played well enough to get us 6 points out of 3 matches.

[​IMG]

November is a little more packed than what the last 2 months have been, but it will be good to get a consistent run of games. We start the month in the Northern Ireland Intermediate Cup, which we feel like we have a chance to make a deep run in if we can keep playing well. It excludes the Premier Division teams, so if we get lucky with the draw we could do ok. 3 home league matches this month could see us climb into the top 2, both of which earn automatic promotion. But again, with 21 matches to go after this month, being top 2 this early on doesn't do us much good.
    PAgamer07 and hammerhead1010 like this.
  15. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Any scouting news Goose? I always enjoyed finding gems, especially game breaking South American strikers :)
  16. Timpegoose

Nothing major outside of the early signings. My scout doesn't know anything outside of Northern Ireland and Wales, and there's not a ton of talent there. He's working through England right now, and hasn't found anything yet.
  17. PAgamer07

Hire another one to scout South America.
  18. Timpegoose

I don't have any money :( already losing about $10k per month :eek: All of my contracts expire in June or so though so I can clear up some money.
  19. PAgamer07

Damn. You gave yourself a challenge. Ive played as Magpies, Chelsea and Lazio, so never had those issues :(
  20. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 5 Star Recruit

I've got the demo but full fleged sim's have never been a strength of mine. I'm going to give it a try though.
  21. PAgamer07

It's an amazing game. Ive played '10-'12 but havent gotten this year's version. It will suck your life away!
    elprez98, Blaza and hammerhead1010 like this.
  22. Timpegoose

[​IMG]

Sport & Leisure had a pretty big fall from the top this month, falling all the way to 8th. We didn't have the greatest month and dropped 1 spot to 5th, still well clear of the relegation zone though and looking good to continue our form. Timmy Lai is now tied for the league lead in goals after scoring in 2 of the last 3 league matches and had another 5 in 6 matches in all competitions this month.

[​IMG]

As I mentioned above, we struggled a bit with our form outside of Lai who just continues to score goals. I think the fixture congestion toward the end of the month caught up with us a bit with our losses to 2 non-league teams in Wakehurst and Wellington Rec, but the draw with Moyola Park was a good result with some tired legs against a solid squad.

[​IMG]

We get a chance to rest and hopefully get some guys back from injury. CM/CB Ross Stewart has proved to be injury prone, so the extra time to fully recover will hopefully be helpful. We'll also be able to get substitute LM Darren Doyle back, but probably not until after the PSNI match.
  23. Timpegoose

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On the heels of an incredible run through December and January we've worked our way to the top of the table.
    • Our run of 7 games unbeaten is a Malachians record.
    • Ollie McGlynn has been sensational during this run, scoring in 5 of our last 6 games, and totaling 6 goals.
    • We managed the majority of this 7 game unbeaten streak without star striker Timmy Lai, who is out for another 2-4 weeks yet with a twisted ankle.
    • CM Ross Stewart may be the most injury prone player I've ever had. He's missed 9/20 games due to 3 different injuries. When he plays, he's a huge cog to our midfield.

[​IMG]

February starts with a huge matchup against 2nd place Tobermore United. They are sitting on 27 points along with Ballyclare, and a win could really push us on to promotion. PSNI was on top of the table at one point as well, so that won't be an easy match either. Hopefully we can take 5 points from these 3 matches, and I'm hoping that will keep us in the promotion race.
    elprez98 likes this.
  24. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

I have this on my ipad, I found a Peruvian striker who has gotten the golden boot his first three seasons
  25. Timpegoose

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Highlights of the last couple of months include the 3-0 win over Tobermore who was sitting first at the time. Our unbeaten streak was brought to an end at 10 in the 4-2 loss to Lurgan Celtic. The loss at home to Knockbreda and subsequent draw with Annagh knocked us down as far as 3rd before the 3-0 win over 2nd place Moyola brought us back to 2nd. The win over Moyola was made even more impressive by the fact that our top 3 central midfielders were out. Ross Stewart and Ben Mulgrew were both out with injury, and Jude Ballard was serving a one game suspension for accumulating 32 disciplinary points.

[​IMG]

With our April schedule we should have a great chance at staying in the top 2. We play the bottom 3 sides this month, and Ballyclare should be our only really difficult match. We only have 2 matches in May, so I'll likely do an update after April is over to get a snapshot of the league heading into the final 2 games.