Gameplay Discussions (all discussions from the CC treads to be kept here)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Dub-ya, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CapEm16

CapEm16 2 Star Recruit

From HANDSWARD over at EA:

The stiffer the shaft, the harder it becomes to swing a club with fast tempo, especially on the higher difficulties.
  2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Good to know.

Looks like I may go back down to the normal shaft.
  3. SkinniePost

SkinniePost 2 Star Recruit

The stiff shafts are only worth 2-3 yards, and the extra stiff ones are an extra 4-6 yards... So forget the boost, and use the ones that let your tempo work the best.

Basically if you are getting slow swings, use a regular shaft... If you get fast swings a lot, use a stiffer shaft. And this can be different for different clubs... So if you are slow with the driver, but fast with the wedges, use a stiffer shaft for just the wedges.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
    Keller and StormJr like this.
  4. J_Man_813

J_Man_813 1 Star Recruit

I was thinking of trying that last night because I was having that issue with my driver. Thanks for the tip I will definitely switch it up tonight and check it out.
  5. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

learn something new everyday lol.
  6. 2nd2none

2nd2none 1 Star Recruit

Nice round in the ELS Club daily Ryno!
    SkinniePost likes this.
  7. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

FYI - If you haven't seen it yet, you can earn coins (I have no idea how much) by playing the golfer specific Live Tournaments and placing in the top 70.

This week only.
  8. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx HK 15' Seahawks !

So are we going to play in ridiculous winds all season ? I have golfed for 10 years and I can't count the number of times I dealt with 17-20mph gusts on one & half hands. This is starting to be a buzz kill. Maybe if EA TW team did a better job with consistency in relation to wind effecting the ball it wouldn't bother me , but when a 7mph wind pushes my 8iron 25yards to the right , then a hole later a 12 wind does nothing to my PW I have issue with that.

Wind is a damn joke on this game , love how my ball takes off 7yrds to left right after impact lol
  9. Bruinboy20

Bruinboy20 1 Star Recruit

I agree about the wind. Don't need it calm but don't need Hawaaian trade winds for every tourney.
  10. Selvy9

Selvy9 4 Star Recruit

(y) this.
  11. SkinniePost

Just be glad the weather is broken on the CC settings... Ask CGreen about his first round at the Masters with 25-30 mph winds the whole round... The ball was landing sideways on the greens. It is like the wind physics in this game act like the golf ball is actually a ping pong ball. I have never seen a ball in real life, even with 20 mph winds move sideways as much as it moves forward :eek:
  12. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

I'm sure everyone has their reasons, but I'm surprised at how quiet this place has been this week. :eek:
  13. ivunphstu

ivunphstu 1 Star Recruit

I totally agree. Hopefully it will not translate in a general lack of interest for the upcoming tourneys.
  14. CapEm16

CapEm16 2 Star Recruit

Could have something to do with knowing everyone's scores 5 days before the tournament even ends? I really enjoyed reading everyone's hole-by-hole recaps, but it does take away a bit of intrigue come Thur-Sun when scores are released, and lessens the chance of me coming back to check scores on a daily basis.
    StormJr and SkinniePost like this.
  15. SkinniePost

Good call... Even though the people in Bushwood already know my scores... I will refrain from posting them. As long as no one else post what I shot, it will work out just fine :)

Also, my CAG got injured at The Masters... And will need to take the week off before the next Major at Valhalla, to recoup and practice... Since he doesn't like the greens there very much ;)
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
    Goose likes this.
  16. ivunphstu

ivunphstu 1 Star Recruit

The problem here in all due respect isn't just about your score SkinniePost. As you said, 24 players will know your scores but others will still wonder about what you and everybody else's score is so I don't know if it is the only issue here. Like CapEm16, I like to read the play-by-play of the players no matter what there skill level is and honestly I believe there are always things to share besides the scores themselves. The whole Golf Forum has been quiet this week, including the CC threads and the general discussions threads so I'm not sure that this is totally linked the unveiling of the scores.

Maybe be I got it wrong though. ;)
  17. Jamie

Jamie 2 Star Recruit

Something I wish EA would do is introduce what is known as "phasing" into the on-line tournies. If anyone is familiar with World of Warcraft; what phasing does is it allows multiple people to be on the same quest line but not the same "phase". In other words, if I'm on phase one and you are on phase two, I can not see or interact with you unless I catch up. How does this pertain to TW? The scoring could be phased so that you only see a person's score from the round that they are on. If you are on round one, you only see the round one scores. Go to round two and see the round 2 scores and so on.
  18. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

well I setup this week this way sorry :( and then next one is the US Open,but the one after that no problem.Problem is for most part we are not sure what we are setting up :mad:

There are only so many hardcore players in the game.As far as discussion we know who we are.I'm licking my wounds that's way I've been quiet ;)

As far as gameplay realistically we won't have as many people as we started with...

noted.It is not the reason though.If @skinnipost would like to post a guidance discussion thread,if not i'll do it when I get to it
  19. Vlad

oh yeah handicaps next week !
    StormJr likes this.
  20. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

It would take a lot of work to really get it done and co-ordinate, but would be neat to have a 4 round tournament consisting of 4 Dailies running Thursday-Sunday. That way you DONT know what will be shot in that final round until Sunday.

But I know with schedules and such that's not necessarily feasible. Would be fun though! :D
  21. Vlad

I mean this is up to every person to do this way.I will NEVER require it,as a big issue last year was how strict our scheduling was.We'll allow people to play whenever they can.

I know for myself I'd love to play this way,but the weekends are my busy time of the week,so I'd rather knock my rounds off earlier in the week

We will make an effort to make sure as little info leaks out as possible befor then
  22. ivunphstu

ivunphstu 1 Star Recruit

I agree that we can't be too strict because of everyone's own agenda. That being said, I'm not sure that less info is the way to go. No info, no discussions and since we are on a forum... I believe we do have a good recipe but too much info kills the forums as will little info. Sounds crazy right? :D
  23. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

I'm not saying the way we are doing it is wrong, that's not what I meant AT ALL. I also like the fact that we can play whenever we want to. Which is why I worded it the way I did...saying that would be fun, BUT I know it wouldn't work because of schedules.

And if info leaks, so be it. I personally don't care about that at all. I liked the hole by hole recaps.

That being said...my 'concern'/'surprise' is how quiet it's been on the boards since about Wednesday...especially during a 'major' week. And unless there are a bunch of people playing all four rounds today or scores weren't entered on the leaderboards, then participation seems down. Including 8 from Bushwood and 10 from Tradition CC with no scores reported. And I'm just curious why...
    SkinniePost and ivunphstu like this.
  24. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

For me, being here last year, the problem of lack of forum talk and the such comes from EA not letting people play there rounds together online in the tournaments.

If two, three or four of us could get together and play the tournament round at the same time and see how the others are playing the hole (like in H2H) would add so much more. Forging new rivalries with your group as well as connecting with and establishing friendships with the players in the foursome seems like, to me, would create more buzz and talking in the forums.

Hopefully that will be added by EA next year.
    SkinniePost, StormJr and ivunphstu like this.
  25. ivunphstu

ivunphstu 1 Star Recruit

Speaking of posting round by round scores. Any idea what's going on with Alcohol CC Vlad?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.