Gameplay Discussions (all discussions from the CC treads to be kept here)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Dub-ya, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dub-ya

Dub-ya 2 Star Recruit

I had rounds in the mid 20's to low 30's all four rounds, and like Danthraxxx, I'm growing tired of it. It wouldn't be so bad if the effect of the wind was consistent, but it's not. Not even close. Rounds with winds this high have become crap shoots for me, I don't even bother trying to be precise lining up my shots anymore, I just get it in the ball park and see what happens. When I can have back to back holes with almost identical winds, but on one the hole the ball moves 30 yards left and the other it's half or less that......I just shake my head.

Oh, and I've been out of town since Thursday, not to mention out of contention and sort of blah since Tuesday......
    JohnnyClutch likes this.
  2. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

That's because you are trying to play the winds same as last year and it plays different ;)

Like I said I already setup the tourney for this week! However if you guys really had enough of it I wont mind playing breezy ( which will play calm ) for Valhalla, as long as you keep in mind this might bring really low scores into play

Also Dub-ya is there any chance you can update our CC scores for Sawgrass?! I will be out of town ( going to Minnesota StormJr) Friday till late Sunday nite.
    StormJr likes this.
  3. Vlad

Nope but I tagged stufat with reminder to put in their scores. I it's not done by tomorrow at noon we are not taking them
  4. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

Where will you be, Vlad?
  5. Vlad

Flying into MSP going to Mancato
  6. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

Mankato ;)

Cool...I live in Minnetonka, a western suburb of Minneapolis.
  7. Vlad

Yeah Mankato too.Well let me know if you want to crash a wedding I'll help you out :D
    StormJr likes this.
  8. jlukes

jlukes 1 Star Recruit

I'd rather lose big due to skill than barely lose because of random wind factors.
  9. Dub-ya

Dub-ya 2 Star Recruit

Ah no, actually after I had a good back and forth with Skinnie (you might have seen it, it turned into some good conversation that I think you actually commented on something like "To all you new users here, theres a lot of good stuff in the previous posts) I spent a good almost two days playing rounds after round with shot preview and winds cranked up and came up with some new "formulas" that usually work well. But the wind effect during a round is not consistent at all. When you can play back to back holes with almost identical wind conditions, but have the ball react quite differently -- that's a problem. Anyway......

And as someone already mentioned, I won't mind losing nearly as much when I can enjoy the round, and these 30 MPH winds are not enjoyable - especially when the ball seems to do whatever it wants.

I don't mind updating our CC scores. Just enter them at 8 starting on Thursday?
  10. Vlad

Well not necessarily at 8 pm,I'll update till Thursday afternoon.And then just check friday,saturday and sunday and enter whatever scores we have then in the subsheet for the CC. JohnnyClutch or SkinniePost we'll copy at the main after that
  11. Dub-ya

Dub-ya 2 Star Recruit

I was unaware we had a subsheet.......
  12. Vlad

That's because I work in lots of mysterious ways ;)
    PM me you gmail and I'll add you to the sheet for this week
  13. Vlad

Also feel free to setup some daily's to your liking for this week.I know I've been slacking,but been too busy
  14. Goose

Goose 4 Star Recruit

Do we have to figure out our own handicaps? If so, I can't find the info on how to come up with it.

As to the score leaking
    does TSO have a spoiler button capability?
    SkinniePost likes this.
  15. Vlad

Nah we gottya
  16. SkinniePost

SkinniePost 2 Star Recruit

Cool... That is perfect. As long as people are cool with it?
  17. Goose

Goose 4 Star Recruit

Thanks, I'm definitely going to need it. I thought I was going to have a decent score at the masters after an awesome round 2 and 3(awesome for me at least) but it all fell apart in the final round. It sucked.
  18. jlukes

jlukes 1 Star Recruit

How is everybody filling up their CAG attributes? I focused on Putting and Accuracy first. Those are both around 90 for me, with Power in the mid/low 80s.

I have recently started to build up my spin and recovery, which are both right around 80. My workability is still around 50, and I haven't paid much attention to it since I can't seem to generate any decent swings when I am trying to hit a cut or fade.
  19. Dub-ya

Dub-ya 2 Star Recruit

This might not classify as "Gameplay Discussion" per se, but I'm going to ramble out my frustrations here.....

So, I've tried to schedule my tournament rounds around nights I know the girlfriend won't be around or will be occupied. Hasn't worked out thus far very well. I'll be half way through around and she comes busting in the door with the always important "You have to hear this" and goes into full song, to which I have to try and at least pretend I'm listening. Frustrating. I'll politely mention "I thought you had zumba," or "I thought you said you had such and such do to," to which she replies "Oh yeah, I did, but I decided I'd do it later in the week." I have tried to politely mention when she is home "Hey, I'm going to play a round or two on TW, can I have some time to concentrate?" Which I think in her head she hears "I'm going to start this round of golf, and on about the 7th or 8th hole, could you PLEASE interrupt with any non-critical thing you can think of." Nothing is a quick story or anything the I can appease with simple one or two word answers.

Good times. If it wasn't for her, my life would be WAY to uncomplicated. I write this in good nature, while it's frustrating, I can't help but laugh at her timing.......
    Goose, Selvy9, SkinniePost and 4 others like this.
  20. Vlad

Haven't even touched workability.I just don't trust myself trying to work the ball in our tourneys. Other than that I'm mostly 90s and 80s.need about another 100k points bit I'm too lazy to play amateur
  21. Vlad

You guys should have a thread for that. I'm super lucky to gave the coolest gf who is very supportive about my TW as well as all the sports I'm watching.
  22. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

I'm with Vlad on workability. My lowest attribute and I may go lower. I don't trust myself to be able to work the ball AT ALL at the higher modes, wo why bother investing points in it! :D

I'm maxed at 510...

Power: 100
    Accuracy: 100
    Workability: 45
    Spin: 80
    Recovery: 85
    Putting: 100

The 4 most important for the modes we play, IMO, are Power, Accuracy, Recovery, and Putting. I may take some more from Workability and push it to Recovery. Haven't decided yet.
  23. Dub-ya

Dub-ya 2 Star Recruit

LOL. Maybe I'll get one going. She actually is VERY understanding when it comes to my gaming, but her timing cracks me up. I can play a million practice rounds or a couple hours of BF3 and not hear a peep, but as soon as I start a tournament round I almost expect something now, lol.
  24. Dub-ya

Dub-ya 2 Star Recruit

My stats are similar, except my workability and recovery are opposite. Some of my better approach shots have been ones I worked into the green, so I value workability way more than recovery.
  25. SkinniePost

SkinniePost 2 Star Recruit

If you are comfortable holding the strike meter in place while you swing, then recovery is a total waste too. All it does is improve your chances at a lie where you don't have to adjust the strike meter on the ball, no more/no less... The worst lies for me are the ones where it is just a touch down in the fairway, and to stop those from happening, you need it almost maxed out. But I don't have any problem holding the stick in place either, so I have the recovery relatively low. And workability in the mid range, so if the need arises I can actually bend the ball more than like 10 yards.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.