How Are You Playing TW? (Modes)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by StormJr, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

I'm just curious on how people are playing the game right now. What modes do you play the most?

Here's what I find myself doing...I've been a sucker for playing the Live Tournaments up until the past few days. That's all I'd play. But now that I've found myself doing better at the TCCT difficulty, I'm delving into the Road to the PGA Tour. I'm good enough on that mode to compete for high finishes that are somewhat realistic, but not blowing away the competition.

The Live Tournaments have gotten a little stale for me. I've put in several hundred rounds of golf and there are still several courses I haven't even played yet! WOW.

So I'm starting to play more 'offline' than online.

What about you? Do you play Live Tournaments? P2P? Offline? Have you canned it and started playing other things more?
  2. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

There are other games?!
    StormJr likes this.
  3. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

I just play Road to the PGA. Started with the Tour settings and sucked, but now my golfer wins almost every tournament.
    StormJr likes this.
  4. BirdDog1980

BirdDog1980 2 Star Recruit

As for Live Tournaments, I only play Tour Pro and Tournament Mode tourneys any more, and ones that are Customed towards tour pro or Tournament mode. I just cannot take the ball spin and putt previews any more. Makes the game way too easy, and unrealistic. It's really hard to find a decent online game with anyone else because everyone plays the weaker settings. Anybody can put it next to the hole with the ball spin on.. it's not that hard.

As for the Career mode, I have it set up with the same settings of our tour for the most part. Been playing lately without green grids. Those are very fun rounds.. not as hard as you might think.
    StormJr likes this.
  5. CapEm16

CapEm16 2 Star Recruit

BirdDog1980 glad to hear you're playing without green grids. It is indeed fun to play without grids, and once you get the hang of it, you're right it isn't that hard. Makes a big difference when your making 28-30 putts a round instead of 23-25.

As for how I'm playing the game, I've definitely a lot less with ghost recon coming out, but when I do I usually play the ace and custom ace (no grid) live tournaments. Or i'll play practice round on the upcoming TCCT course. And if I'm looking for something else I just continue my road to PGA on tournament, no grid of course ;)
    StormJr likes this.
  6. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

LOL...well, that lasted 48 hours. There is something that needs to be done to make the career mode a little more interesting. For me, after one 4 round tournament, I found myself a bit on the bored side. So, back to Live Tournaments for me. :D
  7. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

When I started my Cag player. I started with 4 rounds when I was a am. Now I'm in the Pro's. I'm going with 2 rounds my 1st yr. Then I will go 3 for the 2nd yr and 4 rounds for the 4th yr. Keeps things interesting for the Offline Career. No PP. I do use the GG though. May try a practice round without it to see how that goes.
    StormJr likes this.
  8. Vlad

i have to say TSO has kind of ruined TW for me lol...
    Once my CAG is build,as long as the season here last,90% of my play is tournament rounds and practice rounds for the next week tourney.
    I'll play some random H2H online matches here and there,and some online tournaments.

This year I have played much less tournaments online for couple of reasons.Tour Pro as we knew it is way to easy.Tournament is challenging,but most of has some stupid winds which is not enjoyable.And then there are the stupid pins tourneys which I don't like...

As far as offline goes I found it boring and never play it,unless I need to unlock stuff...

Once our season is over,I might dust off the good old move and play with it a little bit.Might tune down the CAG too and do some play-the-pros
  9. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

I tend to not do any practice rounds for our tournaments...lol...Usually messes me up rather than help me.

I WANT to play the offline stuff, but like you said, it gets boring. Needs something to bring the player into the rounds. I liked the little pop-ups from a few iterations ago when it would tell you that so-and-so got a birdie on #14, etc, etc. Made it seem a bit more alive. That and the sounds from across the course of cheering. Not sure what else could be done to drag the user in more.

The timing of the end of our season is good for me, because NCAA Football 13 comes out soon after that and i will probably be getting that. It would push TW13 to the side for a while. I'd eventually come back and play, but not sure of the timing.
  10. Vlad

Oh I know this trust me lol. It was planned this way on purpose
    StormJr likes this.
  11. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

I figured. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.