Need Some Helpful Advice

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by UofCWildcat, Nov 20, 2012.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

My buddy said he got Madden 13 and HATED it (baffled the fuck out of me) and he said he'd sell it to me for $25. I was definitely not passing that up so I'm going to test drive it and hopefully find a league to join up in to pass all of my free time i still have. I wanna try and get into Madden because that's the new craze but I haven't played a Madden game since '08. Any chance people know where i should begin to catch up and get up to snuff to be able to play in a league here? I don't know anything about managing the team and all the jazz
  2. Sgt Jowers

Sgt Jowers *BooSSted*

Have you played in NCAA franchise or any other sports league game? It's really not that hard... The game will not allow you go to play without the proper roster requirements. All your contract expiring players can be found under "resign players" it will also prompt you for players wanting contracts. Players wanting to trade people will also pop up on your main tabs so you can get a good feel for roster moves an such. If all that is too much you can delegate the CPU to do it for you. Playing the game, just start playing the CPU, figure out what team your going to play with and the style of play you wish to play. This is important in this years madden. If you know your a spread passer, picking a team like the Ravens is going to hurt you because they are not schemed to run this type of offense, their oline is comprised of big maulers who like to run block. Same thing on D, if your not comfortable running a 3-4 D. Trying to use the Texans as a Tampa 2 team your going to have pass rushing linebackers playing coverage and getting smoked because that is not their skill set.

Tinker with the style you want, find plays that work against the CPU. Play some ranked games, see what people are doing and practice stopping them. Get some games in with TSO members and friends, its all about reps, just keep playing the more you see the more you can adjust to the better you become.
  3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yeah I've played NCAA but the daunting task is the whole contract stuff. I don't know when I'm selling my soul or not giving them enough. And the offense/defense thing will be a tough one too. Hoping i can get things together.
  4. Sgt Jowers

Sgt Jowers *BooSSted*

You have the value the player, and what he can do for you/what he means to you. That money VS a comparable replacement in free agency or scout rookies coming out. When you go in to resign the player it spells out how much the player wants. Vets want more money, for instance in my league Anquan Boldin wants a new contract making 6 Mill a year... Yeah that's not going to happen so come years end he'll be a free agent. Meanwhile I resigned Ray Rice last year to a big deal because he is def worth the money for me.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/madden-nfl-13

http://forums.traditionsportsonline...ys-who-never-mangaed-a-team-with-money.83740/
    UofCWildcat likes this.
  5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Is there a playbook with a healthy amount of pistol? Not necessary option but just a pistol book? I run that in NCAA and i feel that'd help me transition
  6. Sgt Jowers

Sgt Jowers *BooSSted*

Take a look at Carolina, Buffalo, Washington and San Fran. You can go into create a playbook to view a teams full set of plays. Not sure outside of those teams that have the Pistol set.
  7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Run enough with your quarterback in Madden and you will end up with a cripple.
    PAgamer07 likes this.
  8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Oh i don't plan on it. I just like running from a pistol because i can find cut back lanes pretty easy and play action works better (At least in NCAA)
  9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

NCAA and Madden are unrelated gameplay wise.
  10. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Very true...I'm still learning madden, and they feel totally different to me.