NHL 13 Impressions Thread...

Discussion in 'NHL' started by Fiddy14, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

with the game about to drop in under 40 mins for season ticket holders i figured i would start this thread..

post your impressions in here after you get a chance to play the game a bit.

thanks guys!!
  2. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

First impression, I'm not very good.
    Roggie, Fiddy14 and Cole Copeland like this.
  3. hedache

hedache 4 Star Recruit

I am really loving the new skating physics. I love skating with Campbell in this game. I still haven't played the ridiculously good (that doesn't mean much in an overall rate compared to mine) so it's been fun so far. If there are any TSO guys that play manual passing, I'd like to play some friendlies with those guys. Other than that online and TSO has been pretty much the same experience in my short NHL 12 adventure here.
  4. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

I am horrid
    Fmode11 likes this.
  5. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice 2 Star Recruit

i'm pretty happy with the game thus far... i started a Be A GM career with Edmonton and had a couple pre-season games go to a shootout, and then got DOMINATED by Vancouver in the season opener. got outshot 40-16, playing on all-star. i only lost 3-2, as Khabibulin stood on his head, but the CPU was really cycling and getting the puck to open spaces... and shutting down the lanes for me. my goals came from a rush and a cycle, and in the pre-season i scored on some rebounds and really working the puck around.

it's nice to see that there's a noticeable difference between a team like Vancouver and Edmonton. Edmonton has some young skill, but they get bodied by veterans and my 3rd/4th lines are horrendously slow and have lack luster reaction time. haha. i'm also a big fan of having to change lines more frequently than years past. previous versions, you could keep your #1 line out there and they'd be tired, but you could still dominate. now, your guys get tired and they start to suck. haha.

i tried playing a drop-in game in the EASHL area, and that was brutal... a few glitch goals from the other team still, and my guy was only rated a 54 which made skating, turning, passing, everything a huge challenge. obviously that would/will change as i play more, but i wasn't happy with the first experience.
  6. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

I've liked the game so far. The AI is much more reactive which is awesome. The one thing I noticed though, maybe its just me, but passing back to your defenders when cycling the puck in the opponents zone is much more difficult this year.
  7. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

I have to agree with that.. I might hit the defensive guy one out of five times with the four other times getting passed out of the zone or picked off..
  8. justca11mejuice

strange, i haven't noticed an issue in passing at all, except with my Be A Pro/EASHL guy, because his attributes are terrible right now. haha.
  9. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

passing is back to how it was in NHL 11 guys.. NHL 12 it was broke, to accurate.

just barely touch the pass button when going back to the point. you should hit them more times than not.
  10. justca11mejuice

did a search for 'GM Connected' in the Apple App Store and found the mobile app!

downloading it now.
  11. justca11mejuice

app seems pretty good, although i can't see any of my GM Connected leagues until i have the full release loaded into the xbox and linked up.
  12. HANDSWARD

HANDSWARD Tiger Dev

Skating is ridiculously awesome. Going around the net and switching to skating backwards with the puck for a shot is sick.
  13. justca11mejuice

i just read this interview that Fiddy14 did for TSO...

hahaha.

interview starts off with Fiddy being happy about the game and as he talks more about his disappointment with GM Connected, it goes back to the game is still more of the same. haha.

i gotta say, i agree with your initial assessment, and haven't been disappointed by this game yet. DEFINITELY feels like a new game, the skating engine has changed the dynamics, the goalies reactions are a lot more precise and believable and they're positionally sound. is the game perfect? nope, but it's a lot closer than it had been the last few years.
  14. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

more of the same in terms of scoring and all the bs moves/dekes etc still work.

of course that is just when you play EASHL and HUT, not games vs league guys. since we all mix it up pretty well!!
  15. justca11mejuice

agreed!

i find EASHL to be a joke this year, with the game being SUPER slow-motion and sloppy. not even fun, as far as i'm concerned.
  16. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I've never played EASHL or HUT, I'm a Be A GM Mode kinda guy
  17. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

well, it seeming like super slow mo is bc of the servers. once they correct that, it will flow just fine. the more lose pucks and mucking and grinding hockey the better IMO. tired of seeing the dancing deking divas, start and stop on a dime, dance around with no consequences etc.
  18. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

So I finally score a win in a versus game after 3 try's. Went away from the Leafs for a minute and was up 4-2 as Philly against the queens when dude quits last second. Now my game is stuck in post game and the only option I have is to press X to view game stats. The whole option menu on the left is gone and the music is still playing and I can toggle the stats with X so it isn't frozen. Looks like I'll have to dashboard it at this point.

[​IMG]