No aim mode?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ren6175, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ren6175

ren6175 1 Star Recruit

I've found a pretty comfortable playing style. I play mostly Road to the PGA on expert swing with no swing meter and gg on. I play the first round and 4th round of every tournament. I win some and finish 30th in some because the middle two rounds are pretty random.

Anyway, I was playing the other day and thinking about how the game could be more realistic. I realized that even on the highest difficult level you still get to see your landing spot. Maybe some year there will be a mode where you can't see where you are aim. There would need to be some better information or visual feedback but it would be pretty fun.
  2. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

True-aim in TW 11
    Number 1 complaint of the sim players this year was the lack of it this year
    StormJr likes this.
  3. CapEm16

CapEm16 2 Star Recruit

I'd like to see true aim brought back, without the option to zoom into your landing area BUT, BUT, BUT, it would be nice to be given very authentic caddie books that mark out various yardages and green undulations, width of greens, etc AND a pin sheet for the specific hole locations for that round. That would make the game exponentially more sim and therefore enjoyable.
    Keller likes this.
  4. SkinniePost

SkinniePost 2 Star Recruit

We had the ability to turn off zoom for years on the Wii... It worked OK, but there were some major issues. The biggest problem was when you landed in a green side bunker and couldn't see the flag over the lip. There needs to be a way to walk around the area of your shot, since in real life you could walk to a spot where you could judge where the flag was. The same problem occurred with blind pins and fairway shots at them, in real life you would be able to drive your cart 20 or 30 yards past your lie so you could see relatively where the pin was located.

Some other cool things that were available on the Wii over the past few years were being able to move your tee in the tee box, and also they let you use a contour map of the greens instead of the green grid. The contour map was awesome and made playing with no grid a better option... It showed from red (high) to blue (low) gradated bands of color on the green.

Throw all that stuff in and add that it did a great job with accounting for swing plane and wrist angle at impact... The game was by far the most "sim" like golf game ever made. It still puts the Move and Kinect to shame... And it is too bad that they couldn't keep it alive for the new tempo swing system, because that would have been awesome. The putting on the game was already perfect, and the swing already took swing speed into account to some extent, just not as in depth as the new total swing control deal.
    Keller likes this.
  5. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

you are a dreamer bro :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.