One down, many more to go!

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Wyrmreaver, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver 4th Horseman Commish, After Midnight Badass!

Automatik
    Jamie
    Abominatrix
    Five_Fifs
    Selvy9
    asurob
    The Parrothead
    GMONEY 15
    Riptides
    Wilfiger PSU 38

READ BELOW, YOU MUST REPLY TO THIS THREAD!

Alright guys, we are basically done with year 1! Thanks for a solid year overall!

A couple things I wanted to throw out as we head towards season 2.
    • We are 11 strong - 10 of us from preseason to the end and one from week 5. Inviting my friend proved a mistake, he has time constraints and isn't quite sim enough.
    • We will hopefully be adding a 12th before season 2 kicks off
    • Coaching Carousel - hopefully we can hammer that out quick. Post here whether or not you will entertain offers. If not, I will decline any offers you receive, if so I will post or text any offers and you will need to log in to accept.
    • Offseason: Being that we are all over the country, trying to nail down a time for all 11 guys to get on together is problematic. We will do hard 12 hour advances, but if we can go quicker we will.
    • I will send out a phone list PM so everyone has everyone elses cell #. It is often easier and quicker to just text someone. If you can't get txt or don't have a phone just say so.
    • Sim gameplay: I have yet to hear a user game complaint, so we are doing something right. Just as a reminder, sim gameplay extends to CPU games as well. I will make another thread soon with a list of stats from year one that look a little questionable. Let's be clear, I am not accusing anyone, I just want to lay it all out so that if you do have something a little off you can police yourself and be sure you are on the "up and up"
    • Forum Participation: A few guys have had excellent participation on the boards. The all user team and power rankings are examples of things that are fun for everyone. It is my hope that the forum participation bumps up a bit in season 2, there are a number of things guys could take on to keep the league interesting. Here are some examples.
      • Coaches hotseat - which CPU jobs could be out there during the next carousel
      • Game of the Week - who's playing and why is it important
      • Frosh Watch - what user teams have impact freshman playing
      • Lord of the Sticks - user player of the week awards
      • Best in game pic or highlight thread
      • Year of the (position) - highlight one position and track the top CPU and user players
      • Anything else you can think of

Thanks again for a nice season guys! Hopefully the advance pace is slightly quicker in season 2, though not so much that guys can't keep up.
  2. Selvy9

Selvy9 4 Star Recruit

Let's get this goin', I still have a big 10 title to play for!

As far as offseason, I'm certainly open to a coaching move, although I doubt one worth looking at will be coming after just one season, but I'd still like to see if anything's out there.
  3. Abominatrix

Abominatrix 2 Star Recruit

There's only one school I would leave Cal for. If I have a Michigan offer, I'll have to think about it, otherwise you can skip my CC.
  4. Automatik

Automatik 2 Star Recruit

I'm staying at ULL for another contract for sure.
  5. Jamie

Jamie 2 Star Recruit

Staying at NIU fo sho!!
  6. Five_Fifs

Five_Fifs 2 Star Recruit

Staying at UMass til they fire me. I do want to move UMass to the Big East though
  7. Abominatrix

Abominatrix 2 Star Recruit

One thing I had done before was compile a yearly Top 10 video highlights using the Dynasty Wire. You have access to everyone's highlights from there, and you get to see some pretty awesome plays (and some lame ones, but whatever). If anyone wants to do that, you just need to create a new story and sift through the year's highlights, ranking the top 10 as you please. I would, but when I last did it (which may have been NCAA 11), it took a decent amount of time because the story creator wasn't well done. Maybe its better now.
  8. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

I will stay with Virginia in the ACC and try to win the ACC with them and try to build something strong with them. I wish Miami was a 3 start school?:D
  9. Selvy9

Selvy9 4 Star Recruit

Don't worry, at the rate they're going, it won't be long before they are ;)
  10. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

lol...I hear you on that
  11. The Parrothead

The Parrothead 4 Star Recruit

Been pretty busy (unfortunately) with all kinds of stuff lately. I'll attempt to do better in posting for season 2.
  12. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

I'll entertain offers but will most likely stay.
  13. The Parrothead

The Parrothead 4 Star Recruit

Forgot to mention that I'll be looking to land a new job, but will stay if nothing good shows up.