Playcall Sheet

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by xGRIDIRONxGURUx, Dec 19, 2010.

1. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

most forums i go to i get a few wise cracks when i post some of my stuff but i feel safe to say that you guys will appreciate the stuff i will share here... since i am a former college QB, and played a little after college, and now coach HS ball as an OC, dang it, i take my NCAA... FRIKKIN' SERIOUS...

with that said, i create a lot of different stuff from a coaching perspective and am working on some new fresh stuff, but here is something i used from a template i have used before, just added the TF logo from the main ".com" index page, it's a playcall sheet...

its in excel workbook form, and can be edited easily... VERY easily... you can change up your sections to your liking, i left two spaces at the top for you to put your latest offensive and defensive playbooks... this really pays off most with new release of the game when we all clamor to find that "gem" of a playbook... OR... if you are a die hard fan of a book this is another way to give you a quicker reference to your fav's and "money" plays (money as in plays that are your fav, not plays that are unstoppable... maybe i should use another term? lol)

OR.... if you dont jump books a lot, and you DONT have a book you know in and out, another way this can help you is if you are a player that tends to panic a tad when you fall behind... that infamous "quicksand" spoken of in "The Replacements" that we all feel when one thing goes wrong, another one, and then a second pick or fumble sends you over the edge and we SCREAM AT OUR KIDS AND PUNCH OUR PETS FOR WALKING IN FRONT OF THE TV AND SCREAM OUT THE DOOR BECAUSE THE NEIGHBORS KID DROVE BY ON HIS BICYCLE AND THE GLARE CAUGHT MY EYE WHILE I WAS TRYING TO USER PICK THAT DIG ROUTE....... :deep breath: :exhale: sorry... flashbacks :confused:
    download it and look, and i am almost certain you guys have something like this floating around, and if there is a better one than mine... please point me to it :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?fhdactkv03129r3

"E"
    ECFIVESTER, majesty95 and JerzeyReign like this.
  2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Very nice... I may adjust things here and there and use it for my 'real life' football season next year...
  3. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Excellent post guru. I can tell your going to be a valuable asset to this site.
  4. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Good stuff ol' chap!

Seriously though, that's good stuff man. I actually have 4 or 5 laminated play call sheets (i know i know) but this one is already set up nicely and with the TSO logo...very nice
  5. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

My playcall sheet stays in my head :)
  6. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

So does Paul Johnson's

Nice little sheet man
  7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

I only use one offensive book and one defensive book.

After 11 dynasty seasons, I have them memorized.
  8. Keller

Who is Paul Johnson?

See, Shaun gets it.
  9. Shaun Mason

Really, do you watch football? The Bills don't count, that's not football.
    ECFIVESTER and PAgamer07 like this.
  10. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I know he's not Chan Gailey....Keller....but come on man! LMAO

[​IMG]
  11. Keller

I watch the Bills assholes - not a big college guy outside of the Buckeyes and even so I don't pay attention that much.
  12. Shaun Mason

So in summary, no?
    ECFIVESTER likes this.
  13. Keller

In summary, yes.
  14. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

oh no no no... bro... this one is a "real" play call sheet setup as you can see from the tabs, got it from a coach who had me test it out for him... it does good for what he wants, but if you want one for the "real deal" then i need to get you my personal playcall sheet...

it features a master and play bank... you can put play and then individual assignments... THEN once you take a play from the master and put it in your play bank you can assign those plays to your play call sheet... once on your play call sheet the excel is programmed to automatically assign each players wristband their assignments... so generic speak:

Master Play 1 - Power I 38 Toss

put that into Play Bank - Play 1

you will get it a read out on your play call sheet tab and then each position tab will get the play BUT only the QB will get the "play name" everyone else will get their assignment... i have my connections like i said... it is the VERY system used by Malzahn which was developed by Tony Franklin... which usually to get it you have to pay some serious $$$ at a clinic somewhere...

please fellow coaches, if you need real stuff... let me know ill do what i can to get you ahead on the field... thanks for the response everyone, more stuff to come

"E"
  15. Shaun Mason

Hey, if you have the stuff from The System, I'd be interested to see it. I don't coach, but I am something of a X and O fan.
  16. Keller

Shaun is there anything you don't do?
  17. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

i can only offer you the play call setup... its modified as i said, but i will get you some stuff from some of my fellow coaches who do run his system...

forgot to mention the one major custom thing is my actual playcall sheet on my personal one, shown below

[​IMG]

contains 85 play slots... of those 85 slots you have 6 ways of calling one play as the playcall sheet matches the wristband inserts shown below

[​IMG]

this allows you to have flexibility in a "no huddle" situation or run pure no huddle as you now have 510 play calls to use to get your 85 plays... and if you ever hit all 85 plays in one game, your balls are bigger than mine, and your team is on steroids... period...

i will have to do some work before i get it out to you guys, make a copy then blank everything on it and make sure the copy will work across platform... but im sure you will love it... and also for that no huddle deal you can signal in motions, formation, and play as you can see... so we can go T-Gun 439 which is our shotgun wing-t'ish setup... with bucksweep action both G's pulling... with fang motion... thats motion is built into the play, but if were no huddle QB coach signals motion, we Card up the color/mascot/code name and number, and we are screaming the formation number as the whistle blows for the next play...

:whistle blows:

we are screaming 5..5...5...5..5... as WR/RB's run to place and are looking they look for motion signals
    cards signals play call

:snap ball:

but anyways... i love the way its built to drag and drop plays and it fills out the inserts and playcall sheet itself... SUPER necessary... and helps with those kids that just cant quite focus and remember... takes the guesswork out... QB sees the playcall but the (for instance) Soph FB who got thrown in due to injury doesnt have to remember EVERY LITTLE DETAIL as his wristband says "crack OLB/SS" other than that he doesnt need to know much more... it works and keeps it simple for those occasions...

"E"
  18. Shaun Mason

I love passing systems. The local high school team's junior quarterback had a good year this year. He completed 372 of 568 passes (65.5 percent) for 5,670 yards, 69 touchdowns and 14 interceptions in 13 games. He also rushed 164 times for 974 yards (5.9-yard average) and 16 TDs. Kenton (11-2) averaged 51 points per game and lost to Kettering Alter, 35-32, in a Division IV regional final.

It's fun to watch.:)
  19. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

if only i could have a stud @ QB like that every year... if only... =\

"E"
  20. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Oh Maty Mauk
  21. Shaun Mason

Yep
  22. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

That offense sure is fun to watch when they've got a guy that can do it...specifically one with the last name of Mauk.
    Shaun Mason likes this.
  23. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

unbelievable, what college offers has the kid received?
  24. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

25. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

here is my MTSU input on the playcall sheet... i think you guys will like what i do... obviously the down and distance isnt filled in, and the play list focuses on the RUN... but that is because the MTSU is a viable spread option book even though its listed as Air Raid, so what i do is use the majority of my D&D side with my passing game, and when i have to resort to running i have every triple option/double option/bubble/quick screen listed... and not only listed but i have the play number within the formation beside each play... (this could help people get through the book quickly who have not used it before)

ALSO another addition which you guys will like, for the run game, there is a package sub list of the best formation that pull TE's and FB's into the spread formations to give you the best blocking... including the 5WR Tight that will show 2 WR/1 TE/2 RB that has a nasty QB draw... but anyways... that is also listed there and color coded to speed things up again for anyone not used to this book...

the down and distance side is empty so you can put whatever you want... but this would be a good template for anyone looking for a nasty triple threat playbook...

download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?v3kj71i94a5j8i4

screen shot for those that cant download at the moment: http://oi53.tinypic.com/250qbz7.jpg

"E"