Stopping the Qb choice

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Dmiller28, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Dmiller28

Dmiller28 2 Star Recruit

There is a guy in my league who constantly uses this play with the Eagles. I have tried every type of defense but my players keep getting cut blocked every play. I am starting to wonder if this is a glitch. Need any help or advice because he literally runs this play every third down and gets 20 plus yards.
  2. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

I guess I would hope this isn't a league here at TSO.
    LtJustice and CHUNKNESS like this.
  3. Dmiller28

Dmiller28 2 Star Recruit

No it's not but is there any advice
  4. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 3 Star Recruit

Crash D-line out, Spread LB's.

If you know it's coming, Spy a LB or DE(even better if this guy is a LB).

You can also user a DB by either setting the edge to funnel him back inside or clean up anything that the d-line didnt.

This is a BS play that cheesers have been doing for years with Vick. This is why I play in Tradition Sports Leagues only!
    Crunk_Ness, redlishus and CHUNKNESS like this.
  5. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Recruiter, Quality Simulation Football

find a different league ;)
  6. Dmiller28

Dmiller28 2 Star Recruit

will try crashing out d-line did do the qb spy but they run to the runningback automatically I would say its a game problem since there is no way to set d-line to focus qb. I would haveplayed in a TSO legue but they were filled
  7. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 3 Star Recruit

You can Qb Spy a D-Lineman if needed. It's hard for me to explain since I do not know what D Formation you might be using. Whenever I play anyone head to head online and they pick, Panthers, Redskins, or Eagles I expect to see this play numerous amount of times (or variations of it) and it works for me.
  8. Dmiller28

Dmiller28 2 Star Recruit

I use a lot 4-3 4-6 formations
  9. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 3 Star Recruit

I would get out of that 4-6 and use at least a 4-3 or Nickle.
  10. MrMurda

MrMurda 1 Star Recruit

QB contain and use a FS to watch for the RB. I run it with the Skins. It can be stopped. I noticed the higher the DE or OLB awr they wont fall for the fake.
  11. iTsIsiah

iTsIsiah 2 Star Recruit

QB Spy a DE(4-3) or OLB (3-4) and just use him to user tackle the QB everytime. better chance of stopping the running back because the RB usually runs into the heart of the defense while the QB only has to beat a DE or and OLB for a big gain.
  12. Black Republican

Black Republican *Sarge*

Come out of the 4-3/4-6 and put more speed on the field. Nickle/Dime/Quarters if you know its coming. Depending on what formation hes using if its run heavy look or if hes shotgun with passing options. More speed the better, Vick is 90+ speed and acceleration, putting DE's & LB's out there is a disadvantage to you. I'd run a cover 1, this puts your SS in man coverage, and will free up either 2 backers or a backer and a DB, put both of them in spy. If its more of a power type run typically done by Tebow & Cam, I'd just sell out for normal run D.
  13. N51_Rob

N51_Rob 1 Star Recruit

I am assuming this is the read option play. If so, when you think it's coming the DE on the same side as the RB make him QB spy, then the LB that is between the tackle and guard on the other side of the play send him on a blitz. That should help, it won't completely stop it, but it should slow him down a bit. Hope that helps.