TCCT difficulty settings project

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Vlad, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Gentleman,
    Over the next two weeks we'll determine the settings for the TCCT.We are going to setup series of identical conditions tournaments with different settings (tour pro,tournament etc),collect some data,look at all the numbers and ask for feedback.To acomplish all this we are going to need your help.

*First you will have to play in the tournaments of course.
    *Second we'll ask you to report your score in a spreasdsheet we've setup.Do this as stroke score i.e 69.Along with your score also give us the average rating for your golfer -just a rough number you don't have to be exact.The most important numbers we are interested in are power and putting btw.
    *I've tried to include everyones gametag in the spreasheet,but if you are not in there just add your tag.
    *Click on the link below to get to the sheet.It should be open for access for everyone and no login is required.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoOVWaN4BcH5dERVOUk5emxzeHBCYWtEejNzYWQtdmc

Please note,even if you have a bad round - finish it up and give us the score.

For those of you in Europe(or those not getting the game on release date) we'll continue this process into next week,so don't sweat it .

And of course try to keep this tread as clean as possible,by posting non-related coments in the general discussion tread

Play on!
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  2. Vlad

JohnnyClutch
    RynoAid
    BlyGilmore

Please setup daily tournaments for the next 4 days with this settings

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  3. Vlad

4. uncleho

uncleho 3 Star Recruit

Do you care if people are using the Season Ticket clubs or not? Since everyone else won't even have access to them tomorrow?
    StormJr likes this.
  5. SkinniePost

SkinniePost 2 Star Recruit

Good point Unc... Should we also have everyone set their play to the lowest common denominator? Since some people won't be getting the extra XP from TW12... I still am not even close to the same level of skill points as someone who got 75,000 XP from the previous game. Also, people who just got the game will have even lower stats than I do?
  6. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

Just my opinion on this..

First, great idea....

Second, would it be better to wait a week to get this information? This would give everyone a chance at building their golfer, unlocking better clubs, etc. Otherwise you'd be comparing apples to oranges without forcing players to adjust the way their golfers are currently set up.

Just my 2 cents.
  7. Vlad

Short answer go for it.We will however officially address both equipment and CAG attributes before the start of the official schedule
  8. Vlad

You are right,but I rather have extra info which I can always trow away later when I have significant sample.I'm trying to counteract the shitty golfers and equipment by also getting data for the level of their CAG.

I know your CAG will be good to go,but we have plenty of people who won't play as extensively.For example last year only about 60-70% of the people playing had their CAGs ready for the start of tour.And we started at least a week later if I remember correctly (plus the CAGs are average of 60)

And of course I'm not trying to create a 3% Standard deviation experiment,but more to get sense of general ability of players on TCCT
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
    StormJr likes this.
  9. uncleho

uncleho 3 Star Recruit

Ratings for CAG are less of an issue now because there will be people starting from scratch and it doesn't hurt to have the data on their scores. Even when we start the official schedule I am willing to bet there are people who are starting from scratch on their CAG. I will just use whatever I feel like using then if we are leaving equipment open for now.
  10. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

First- I tried click on the google doc and a website error popped-up (I might be my comp...?)

With regards to equipments, wouldn't we want people to use actual clubs? The tournament setup parameters suggest that we are trying to create a sim golf league so, why wouldnt we require people to use "real" clubs/equipment. At the end of the day, I do not really care what clubs other people are using, as long as I can use my Taylor Made Clubs (when I get them). Now if someone, for some reason, wanted to wear an EA hat or shirt I say go for it...
  11. Vlad

Like I said equipment and CAG attributes will be discussed in detail shortly.Problem we are having is every time you 'require' something that can't be monitored or controled opens up all kind of nasty finger pointing situations.Let's please leave this topic alone for now,we'llhave time and place to discuss it.

I'll look at the link.Anyone else having issues accessing?
  12. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I didn't try saving or anything but I was able to open it up just fine.
  13. Patriot9

Patriot9 1 Star Recruit

I added my name to the spreadsheet. No need to save as the document is set to auto save frequently. One suggestion. Admins do you think you can add a column to the spreadsheet with country club affiliation? I think once the forum blows up soon with new members it would be a great resource to keep things organized.
  14. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 4 Star Recruit

so do need put our self on tournment ?
  15. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

xyzvld22

what should the course condition be set to for the weeklies? Slow, Average, Fast, Tournament.
  16. Vlad

Bly those are daily tournaments and it should be on tournament
  17. Dominik

Dominik 1 Star Recruit

I have another question.
    Hopefully it doesn't sound stupid, but I've never played in an online tournament before.

So - how about the wind in the weekly tournaments ?

Do all players get the exact kind of wind in those tournaments ? (backwind or headwind)
    It might be a little unfair if half of the CC gets a 20 mph headwind while others get a 25 mph backwind.

The wind should be the same for all the players - at least for the players in the same CC.

How about the wind in the others CCs (competing with us) ?
  18. SkinniePost

SkinniePost 2 Star Recruit

The Bushwood settings had to be 6PM to 6PM the next day for now, we will need to skip a day to get back on the normal schedule. We can do that over the weekend or something. It is due to the Season Ticket schedule, that forced the event to be set back today. No big deal, they are still open for a 24 hour window.
  19. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Chubbs CC has to do the same thing. We'll have to skip today's but will start with 10 a.m. tomorrow.
  20. Vlad

not a biggie.those tournies are for members enjoyment and data gathering,so it's all good
  21. Selvy9

Selvy9 4 Star Recruit

So for these are we playing the tournaments that are set up in our country clubs or just the daily xbox live tournaments?
  22. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

The CC leaders set them up.
  23. RynoAid

RynoAid Learn to live above your circumstances.

i play every fucking tournament i can, daily's, weekly's, CC, XBL... all of 'em. This game is candy corn crack
    County5 and StormJr like this.
  24. Selvy9

Selvy9 4 Star Recruit

Put in my first round, an 81. Was coasting along at 2 and 3 over until I got to 17, when I chipped it across the green, back and forth, about 6 times... I mean I was literally just barely flicking the stick at the end and zoom! Overswing\fast, across the green it ran. Back to the practice green for me.
  25. Gaziola

Gaziola 1 Star Recruit

so are the tourneys gonna be in the country club section of the game ? and are they gonna be already set to go with the correct settings and only let us try once etc or is this gonna all be based on trust? as you may have gathered not got the game yet, 30th for us tea and crumpet munchers.