Team Previews 2013

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by schreck822, Aug 23, 2012.

1. schreck822

schreck822 3 Star Recruit

Wick36
    azreinman
    Selvy9
    the bigg dawgg
    whales30
    Jolts57
    droid43
    Theezy
    Mcwoods06
    GMONEY 15

2013 Team Previews
    It's almost time for a whole new season for OTP, let's get team previews out to show what's up.
    You can follow my basic template below, or make your own. Some guys do really cool stuff with graphics and tables and whatnot, but I am not that good :oops:. In any event, have fun with it.

Notre Dame Fightin' Irish
    2013 TEAM PREVIEW
    [​IMG]
    The Irish come into 2013 following an exciting season that got off to a great 11-0 start, only to have the team's dreams dashed as they lost the final game of the season to Georgia, then fell apart in the B1G Title Game to Michigan. The team finished on a positive note with a Capital One Bowl victory over Florida, but that was little consolation for the late season collapse and the team's disappointment in being passed over by the BCS.

Despite the poor end to the season, ND exceeded most expectations for the season, and have a great young core that earned valuable experience. The Irish should have the horses to hang with any team on their schedule once again, it will all come down to execution and limiting stupid mistakes. All the pieces are in place for a big run again this season, it's up to the players and coaches to step up to the challenge.
    OFFENSE
    Notre Dame will continue to run their version of the power offense popularized by Harbaugh at Stanford. This year's team will focus even more on the power run game and two TE sets as Tyler Eifert amazingly passed on the chance to go in the 1st round of the draft and came back for his 5th year. He will be the focal point of the passing game and creates incredible mismatches for any defense.
    ND is also loaded with several high quality running backs, led by RS Senior Cierre Wood who is coming off a strong season despite playing a secondary role to 3rd place Heisman finisher Theo Riddick, who has left for the NFL. Wood brings more size and speed to the backfield, and is probably even better than Riddick. Behind him Amir Carlisle and George Atkinson III bring amazing speed and shiftiness and can hit a homerun at any time they touch the ball. They will be incorporated into the offense and really give defenses a lot to worry about.
    The WR group will miss departed Senior John Goodman and his 1000 yards receiving. TJ Jones and RS Freshmen Davonte Neal are small but fast receivers, we'll need a few Freshmen to step up and deliver some size at the position.
    At QB, Everett Golson had a solid season as a first time starter, but his youth showed during many big road games. Hopefully the experience has hardened him and he'll take a huge step up after a strong offseason in the film room. The coaches are looking at more ways to utilize his speed this year as well to keep teams honest. Once again ND boasts a ton of depth with Tommy Rees, Andrew Hendrix and RS Frehman Gunner Kiel all capable of starting for most teams.
    KEY PLAYERS
    Cierre Wood
    [​IMG]
    Wood brings it in the game this year with 96 spd, 94 acc and solid break tackle and elusiveness. He'll be a nightmare for defenses and may be a dark horse in the Heisman race after gaining 730 yards (7.4/carry!!) in a backup role last season.
    Tyler Eifert
    [​IMG]
    Eifert is a matchup nightmare for any D. The coach loves to rely on his tight end in key situations and at 6'6" 251, with 89 spd/acc, this monster should be able to beast any defender. He incredibly returned for his 5th year after an 1150 yard 12 TD season.
    DEFENSE
    Notre Dame will continue with the 3-4 to capitalize on it's strong LB core, though the loss of the incomparable Manti Teo leaves a sizable hole in the middle. We'll try to fill that with physical freak Ishaq Williams, the RS Soph is 6'6 250 with 85 spd/89 acc, so he'll cover a lot of ground. The DL will be led by Stephon Tuitt and Louis Nix III who had 14 & 9 sacks. The DB's continue to be a concern on this team, though CB's Bennett Jackson and Lo Wood stepped up last year and should be solid as Seniors. FS Jamoris Slaughter returns for a 5th year and brings great speed to the position, but whoever rises to the top of the SS battle will be young and very green, no depth there at all. Overall, the strength of the D lies in the front 7, which is a good place to be. We'll again be an attacking D that tries to force the offense into uncomfortable situations.
    KEY PLAYER
    Stephon Tuitt
    Tuitt.jpg
    The Irish D is going to rely on stuffing the run and pressuring the QB, and nobody does that better for the Irish than Tuitt. He's coming off a Sophomore season of 14.5 sacks, 21 TFL, and too many QB hurries to count. He was an 87 ovr and should blow by 90 as a Junior, he could be a great one by the time he's done.

KEY GAMES
    TBD, but as always, the Michigan rivalry is the key to the season. After the Irish pulled off a sloppy win early in the season, Michigan went off the rest of the year and earned revenge in the conference championship game. It should be another couple of battles this season as both teams come back strong.

Recruiting Priorities
    ND needs more LB's as the roster is getting very old at those spots. We'll also need a lot of help in the secondary, then continue to build up the D line and depth across the board. We may be able to take a breather on the O-line as we have a ton of depth there.
    Season Prediction
    Coming of a very strong 12-2 season that ended badly, the Irish are hungry for a big season. The key comes back to the Michigan game, and inevitable rematch in the championship game. The goal as always is a conference championship and hopefully improving on the 12 wins of a year ago. It won't be easy, but few teams have as explosive of talent on offense as the Irish do, it's up to the coaches to make the most of it.

azreinman and GMONEY 15 like this.
  2. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg 2 Star Recruit

i gotta get the rest of my recruits to do a preview lol im still stuck in last season

3. schreck822

Yeah, I didn't touch on any of my recruits yet, don't expect any of them to come in and make a big difference this season. At most, one of them could end up starting at safety, but going to have to see if one of my athletes fits that as well as I need them too. And obviously, some things could change after player progression.

4. the bigg dawgg

yea i dont think i will have many if any freshman starters. well the punter will but that dont count

5. Jolts57

Jolts57 2 Star Recruit

I have a couple huge weaknesses on my D :/ There's a good chance 2 of my incoming freshman corners will start and this OLB if I get him. Going to do my preview after we finish everything...it's a damn shame I only have one scholarship left. This Athlete is 81(+9) with monster HB stats but I need a LB so bad ><

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  6. schreck822

I thought you had big weaknesses on your D this season, didn't seem to help me do much of significance though. For some reason my offense just isn't consistent enough against users. Used to be able to have my way, but just getting too old and slow I guess :(. Usually playing while I have 2 kids under 2 screaming around me doesn't help much either :rolleyes:. Then when the wife starts in with the why are you wasting your time on those stupid games stuff, it gets really distracting :confused:. Oh well, I'm a diehard, so I fight through it ;).

7. Jolts57

Jolts57 2 Star Recruit

lol yeah that could make it hard. And yeah my D is going to have some major weak spots next season. lol It's looking like my best personnel might end up being 335, 425, or nickel...those are allowed right?

8. the bigg dawgg

im in a 3-3-5 so i hope so lol

9. Jolts57

Jolts57 2 Star Recruit

hmm...I know in last year's game the 335 was broken but idk in this year's.

10. schreck822

I think you will be required to run the 5-2 exclusively. Those other defenses are pure cheese.

11. Jolts57

Jolts57 2 Star Recruit

lol you better watch what you wish for. I ran the 5-2 one year and it worked out alright :)

And shoot, since zone coverage is so broken this year idk why I'm still even running 3-4. I always used 3-4 for the different zone and zone blitz looks but have been running almost exclusively man so far..

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  12. the bigg dawgg

run quarters then lol. all man coverage

13. Jolts57

Jolts57 2 Star Recruit

to handle shreck's tight ends that may not be a bad idea

14. Selvy9

Selvy9 4 Star Recruit

Wake Forest 2013 Preview
    [​IMG]

It's all on you, kid.

Coming off of the 2012 ACC championship and an Orange Bowl victory, expectations are sky high for Wake Forest coming into 2013. If the Demon Deacons are going to continue their success, it's going to be up to senior QB Tanner Price. Head coach Scott Stapp has a year under his belt now and is bringing in his own playbook centered around Price. "We're going to look to him to lead this team, there's no question. He has the experience and the talent, now it's on his shoulders." Joining Price in veteran leadership are seniors Mike Campanero and Josh Harris. Campanero was the go to receiver for Price in 2012, and coach Stapp was able to convince him to stay at Wake Forest and finish his degree. Not to be overlooked, RB Josh Harris, who struggled with injuries in 2012. However, if he's able to maintain the form he showed while healthy, this could turn out to be a very dynamic, dangerous offense.

Meanwhile, on defense, the first string is littered with seniors, starting with defensive linemen Nikita Whitlock, John Gallagher, and Zach Thompson, who combined for 31 tackles for loss in 2012. That doesn't even include redshirt sophomore defensive end Godspower Offor, the greatest name in football, who had 21 sacks and 30 tackles for loss on his own last season.

The secondary is led by seniors AJ Marhsall, Daniel Mack, and Duran Lowe, who will help lead from the back. The only weak position may be at one of the most crucial, middle linebacker. True freshman Joe Ellis has the starting spot for now, but senior Mike Olson is ready to take over if the rookie struggles.

All in all, Wake Forest brings a nice balance of experience and youth into 2013. If the Deacons are going to repeat as ACC champs, Tanner Price will have a lot to say about it. But defense wins titles, and the Wake Forest defensive line may be the toughest in the conference. It's Orange Bowl or bust in Winston-Salem.

droid43 likes this.
  15. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

LSU TIGERS 2013 PRE SEASON PREVIEW

Will the Tiger rule the SEC and the College Football World again this year

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. This is J Lo, The Big Booty Hoe reporting live from Baton Rouge LA, the home of the 2012-2013 BCS National Champion LSU Tigers. We are waiting for coach GMONEY to enter the room to give his annual pre season state of the Tigers address. Oh wait here her comes now. Ladies and gentlemen, I present you COACH GMONEY, the 2012 NCAA Coach of the year. ( The Media laughs )

GMONEY: " Ha HA Good evening to you. My favorite people in the world. The Media. ( The crowd roars ). I hope you guys had a relaxing off season. You all know that the SEC conference is one of the toughest conferences from top to bottom to play in and we are excited to about this up and coming football season.Well lets get right to the previews huh.

Let's talk about the keys to defending the SEC and National Title. Let s talk about offense first. We lost 2 first t team All Americans. Center PJ Lonergan and RT Alex Hurst. They were the anchors of an outstanding offensive line that we had last year and they will be missed. I am confident that SR Ben Dominique will step in at the Center position and do a fine job for us. He has been waiting 3 years to get the opportunity to start and not its his time to shine. At the Tackle position, SR Chris Davenport has paid his dues in the weight room and watching lots of film over the past couple of years and now he will be in the starting line up this season. he will do well for us. We have All SEC SR Guard Josh Williford back in the mix. Jr Guard LaRel Collins will be stepping in this year and starting for the first time. W e also lost our deep threat as first team all SEC Russell Shepard as well as first team all SEC TE Chase Clement. We have a very unique situation here. freshmen who come into my program usually automatically red shirt their first season so they can hit the books as well as the weight room. Well we brought in a TE from Wilcox AZ who will change all of that. I am truly happy for Evan Sisk. he is only the 2nd true Freshman who came into any of my programs and will start immediately. He had one hell of a Spring and Summer ball. SR WR Kadron Boone will finally get his opportunity to show what he is made of. He has worked hard the past couple of years with out any complaining about playing time. Now he's a SR and it's time for him to perform.I am excited we were able to convince first team SEC RB Spencer Ware to come back for his senior season. He rushed for over 1270 yards and 12 td's last season, That means once again we will have the 3 headed monsters at the RB position. We all know that Ware will get most of the carries. However, Michael Ford had a really strong Spring and Summer practice and he will get more carries this year. My 3rd Stringer Alfred Blue knows his carries will be limited but when he does get a chance to run, he will make the most of his opportunities to carry the pigskin. I will try and even get in my 4th stringer, SOPH Terrence Magee some carries. However he knows his value will be on special teams mostly this year. last but not lease is our SR QB Zach Mettenberger. He has come a long way since I took over the program and with his fellow team mates naming him CPT this year he is primed once again to lead not only the offense but this team as a whole.

Zach Mettenberger
    Quarterback | Pocket Passer
    [​IMG]
    Home Country Club Est, GA
    Height 6-5
    Weight 223

Last season 2687 yards 32 TD's 8 INT

Spencer Ware
    Halfback | Balanced
    [​IMG]
    Home Aurora, OH
    Height 5-11
    Weight 224
    Year
    Senior
    Last season 1278 yards 12 TD's

Now for me defensive unit. I am excited about this group of guys that we have here. We have All SEC DE SR Barkevious Mingo and All SEC DT Bennie Logan back into the mix. We have all of our LB back from a season ago and that includes 6 LB's who will be Seniors this season. leading the way will be MLB Kevin Minter. he calls the defense on the field for me team and he will be primed once again to have a solid year. Starting OLB Tahj Jones and Lamin Barrow started for me last year and did a fine job. In Spring practice, fellow SR OLB's Seth Fruge and Luke Muncie did a hell of a job bridging the gap between them and the starters. Fruge really intrigues me. He will definitely see more time on the field this year as he time in the 40 got better as well as his strength and conditioning. My DB's are locked and loaded and ready to have another outstanding season. SR CB's Tyrann Mathieu ( 6 ints ) and Tharold Simon( 3 ints ) are the starters. Freshmen All American now SOPH Jalen Collins is our nickel back as he can start for 50% of the teams in the Nation. Our Dime back is JR Tre Sullivan. he's a tough minded kids from the streets of Old Jefferson. We have 2 of the strongest safeties in College Football in FS Eric Reid and SS Craig Loston. they have good speed but if you come across that middle, the will knock you on your ass. We also return first team All American Punter Brad Wing, the local kids from right outside of Donaldsville. I went to his parents place and advised that it would be in his best interest to return for his JR season rather than go into the NFL draft. Then after he said yes, I hooked him up with Bambi from the LSU strippers club.

Kevin Minter
    Middle Linebacker | Coverage
    [​IMG]
    Home Buford, GA
    Height 6-2
    Weight 244
    Year Senior (R)
    THE DEFENSIVE CAPTAIN FOR ONE OF THE STRONGEST DEFENSES IN THE NATION

Now we brought in a few nice kids who will contribute to this program in the following year. They will need to learn LSU and GMONEY football. They work hard in the class room and in the weight room and with the proper attitude, the will see the field wearing the Purple and Gold. The will red shirt and play on the Freshmen team. They will dress for the home games but will stay in Baton Rouge for the road games.We may let them travel with us as a bonus if they can keep a 3.5 GPA in the class room. Well there you have it guys. A bit of a preview of your 2013-2014 LSU Football Tigers. ( The Media Claps ) Thanks for coming to the preview show. God bless and good night."

Well there you have it folks. GMONEY has spoken about his team and by the looks of it they are excited about the upcoming season. For GMONEY TV, this is J Lo, The Big Booty Hoe reporting live from LSU / GMONEY headquarters in Baton Rouge. Thanks and good night.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  16. Jolts57

Jolts57 2 Star Recruit

University of Michigan

[​IMG]

The Wolverines are surprisingly opening the 2013 season as the preseason #3. Despite having a very solid ending to a terrible 1-3 start last year, Michigan has a couple question marks heading into the 2013 season. Coach Josh B has been optimistic and was quoted yesterday "We have a very strong team this year. We have great senior leadership and a few big play makers who will make life tough for opposing defensive coordinators."

Offensive Outlook

[​IMG]

After fighting injuries last year and having to appeal a suspension due to team rule violations, senior HB Fitzgerald Toussaint will be ready to open up the 2013 campaign as the premier HB in this Michigan offense. The experts are predicting he'll rush for over a thousand yards if he stays healthy so that'll be interesting to watch.

Michigan's receiving corps will be the focal point of this offense. Led by the 3 seniors Jeremy Gallon, Drew dileo, and Jeremy Jackson this receiving squad will be a force. The three returning receivers combined for over 1900 yards and 19 TDs last season and there's also true freshman WR Roger Grigsby who should have an immediate impact.

[​IMG]

As of right now, just a week before the start of the season, coach Josh B still has yet to name a starting QB. True freshman QB Brian Stratton has had a great camp and coach B hinted at possibly running a dual QB system. Considering the spread-option style the Michigan offense ran last year, having two sets of legs at the position could prove to be a good move. Michigan is also returning a solid offensive line, including two stud tackles.

Defensive Outlook

Michigan coach Josh B is lacking the personnel for his normal 3-4 defense so he's been experimenting with utilizing senior safety Marvin Robinson as a "roaming" safety and thus far it's been working well. Coach Josh B was a disciple of Charlie Strong, the creator of the 3-3-5 scheme, and coach is confident his new system will work well in the coming season.

The big question mark for this defense is the line. Even though the line consists of 3 seniors, they have a combined 12 tackles between the three of them a year ago so Michigan is hoping the rest of the defense can mask this blaring weakness. Michigan's starting linebackers will help make up for the lacking defensive line. All
    three linebackers are returning starters and they have over 65 tackles and 9 combined sacks in the 2012 season.

[​IMG]

The heart of this defense will be with the strong, experienced secondary. With two senior safeties and a senior cornerback this secondary boasts a lot of experience and will be very hard pass against.

Recruiting Focus

QB-Stratton looks to be a solid kid but coach Josh B plans to bring in another QB as either Stratton's backup or possible competition
    HB-With Toussaint graduating after this year the Wolverines will need some depth at the position and are looking at a couple top HBs
    DLine-This is the major problem area for the Michigan squad. Coach Josh B plans to bring in a couple of the nation's best to fill the gaps on the line.

17. the bigg dawgg

2013 Louisville Cardinals
    [​IMG]
    Offensive Preview- Returning Starters (10)
    Coming off a 12-1 season in which they finished #2 in the polls this Cardinals team was never very flashy on the offensive side of the ball but could get it into the endzone when it counted. There were a lot of mistakes that are going to have to be taken away if they want a shot at the title this season. Being the clear cut favorite for the Big East title the Cardinals can affford a loss but will probably need to be flawless in order to move on to bigger better things because even with a loss the Cardinals could be on the outside looking in
    gonna have to finish this when i get home and didnt want to lose my place lol

18. droid43

droid43 2 Star Recruit

Oklahoma State Cowboys
    2013 Season Preview
    [​IMG]
    After the 12-0 start, the loss in the BCS Championship came as a shock to many that cheer for the Black and Orange. Have no fear Cowboy faithful! 2012 is long gone and the 2013 season is just around the corner. Thirteen starters return to the reigning Big XII Champions (7 offense, 6 defense). The question that's on everyone's mind is "Can they do it again?". College football wouldn't be college football if I were to answer yes to this question, but the Cowboys certainly have a great shot at not only repeating as Big XII Champions, but also reaching the National Championship. The Cowboys don't have nearly as far to go to reach a BCS bowl game this year, many polls have the Pokes slotted from #4-#7 early in the preseason. A strong foundation of 18 seniors will be looked to for leadership and some young players will be asked to make plays early and often.
    Offense:
    The Cowboys will return 7 offensive starters. Clint Chelf shocked many by not even contemplating taking a shot at the NFL Draft. Chelf completed 72% of his passes in 2012 while throwing for 3772 yards, which was 4th best in the nation. He also had an outstanding touchdown to interception ratio (4.6-1) throwing for 41 TD's and only 9 Ints.
    Chelf may be back, but he will be throwing to a whole new set of targets. Two incoming freshman, Zac Butler (6'6, 211) and Matt Russell (6'5, 212) have won the two outside receiver spots. We knew the two primary receiver spots would be open after spring ball. Coach Gundy kept Senior Justin Stewart will remain in the slot due to his height and quickness. After watching fall camp I couldn't agree more with Coach's decision. These two freshman have the potential to be ELECTRIFYING. Butler and Russell have nearly identical size and skill sets. The two freshman both run routes very well, have great speed and acceleration, and they can get after the football. The passing attack certainly has the potential to be special once again in 2013.
    The player most likely to benefit from the departing senior receivers is not Butler or Russell, but Joseph Randle. The senior half back decided he wanted to play out his final season in Stillwater. At time last season Randle showed the flash of brilliance from the 2011 season, but the revamped offensive line never really got in sync rushing the ball. Backup half back Jeremy Smith also returns to provide a deadly one-two punch that should be much more effective this season.
    Defense:
    The question mark last season was the offense, in 2012 it is defense. The departure of three starting defensive lineman is going to take a serious toll. New starters at both defensive end spots and at defensive tackle will have some big shoes to fill, however young talent steps into those shoes. The development of the defensive line is going to be key if the Cowboys have any hope of remaining in the top 10.
    The second and third levels of the defense are much more sound. All Big XII middle linebacker Caleb Lavey will lead veteran defense that consists of 8 senior starters. There's a tremendous amount of experience at the linebacker positions and within the secondary. Will this senior leadership and experience be able to mask any defensive line issues?
    Key Players:
    Offense:
    [​IMG]
    QB Clint Chelf
    Defense:
    [​IMG]
    MLB Caleb Lavey
    Key Game:
    [​IMG]
    The deciding game of the 2012 Big XII Championship came very early in the year. Oklahoma State was the lone blemish on the Longhorns season. Texas never crossed the goal line in Stillwater, and you just know that Bevo and his bunch will be looking to get even back in Austin.
    Recruiting Focus:
    Defense, defense, defense. One more time for good measure, Defense. Eight seniors will be leaving the defensive side of the ball after 2013, and Coach Gundy and his staff must address this side of the ball. Numbers are needed at both corner and free safety. The next issue is defensive line depth. Defensive end is the most pressing depth need.
    Offensive recruiting will be focused upon offensive line depth and running back depth. You can also expect a quarterback to be signed with the departure of Chelf.