The Career of D. Dillard (A FM 2012 Dynasty)

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by elprez98, Jan 17, 2012.

1. elprez98

elprez98 3 Star Recruit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When you start to get good, you are in everyone's mouth (pause).
  2. elprez98

elprez98 3 Star Recruit

[​IMG]

A game we should've lost, but a late header by Diaz wins us an undeserved 3 points.
  3. elprez98

elprez98 3 Star Recruit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WC qualifying is in full swing and Argentina has a new coach, that removed Messi as the captain. That couldn't have sat well in Argentina.

[​IMG]
  4. elprez98

elprez98 3 Star Recruit

[​IMG]

Another crazy win. After being down 1-0 for most of the game, the boys made an amazing comeback. Brazilian striker, Lenny, looked like the real deal as he was able to come in and score 2 goals, including the game winner in injury time. Lenny now leads the team with 6 goals in 7 appearances. This will likely be a huge momentum boost for the team and Lenny has earned his place back in the starting 11. Also Frank Canever, my starting left back should get some kudos as well as he served two beautiful assists:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. elprez98

elprez98 3 Star Recruit

6. elprez98

elprez98 3 Star Recruit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got our asses handed to us in this one as we weren't ready to face Rosario today. JJ Arraya (F) had a horrible game and I think he'll probably sit out the next couple of games while I move Jorge Luna (F/AM) back into a striker role. Last year, Luna was instrumental in a mid-season run that gave a chance for promotion. The good thing is that despite the loss, we still remain in 2nd place, and still only one point out of first place.
  7. elprez98

elprez98 3 Star Recruit

[​IMG]

When we last left our heroes, they were losing big at the hands of Rosario Central on the road. Since that time we've gone six unbeaten in league play (the loss to San Lorenzo was the Argentinian Cup) with great performances by Jorge Luna (AMF) and the Brazilian striker, Lenny.

The Argentina transfer window opened on December 11th and I had a slew of transfers lined up. Unbeknownst to me, you can only make two team-to-team transfers (unlimited free transfers) during this window.

[​IMG]

We signed 5 players as seen above:

Dubini, 19 year old midfielder from Boca
    Carranza, 31 year old keeper who played in the Argentina Premier last year and is an upgrade for us
    Nanni, 31 year old striker who is going to be a big target man if we decide to run a single striker up top
    Paniagua, 18 year old striker who is raw with a lot of flair (18), and decent technique and heading ability.
    Benitez, 18 yr old Paraguayan striker who my scout compares to a raw Lenny

[​IMG]

We were able to get two players in the Team of the Year which is pretty awesome. Jorge Luna is our conductor with 5 goals and 5 assists (leader), while Diaz stops anything in his area and can be very dangerous in corner set pieces.

STATS

[​IMG]

We have 3 league games this month as we sit in 2nd just 4 points behind Rosario. Lets see if Lenny and Luna can keep this run of form going.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    Timpegoose likes this.
  8. elprez98

elprez98 3 Star Recruit

Arsenal fired Wenger, lol. He is at Atl. Madrid now.
  9. Timpegoose

Timpegoose 5 Star Recruit

Football Manager predicts the future! Except Sir Alex got fired in my file, and Martin O'Neal replaced him....
    elprez98 likes this.
  10. elprez98

elprez98 3 Star Recruit

January 2012

The winter transfer window has come and gone during January and we weren't able to add any new signings for the 2nd half of the season. In January, we only played a few friendlies in preparation for the 2nd half of the season.

[​IMG]

We drew all three friendlies, with the first two draws being ones we probably should have won easily, while the 3rd was an impressive 1-1 showing against a Premier (Argentina) league side. Unfortunately in the process our leading scorer, Lenny, injured his ribs. Fortunately, he should be back to light training February 3rd. We have 1 more friendly lined up before we get back to league play.

However, we did stumble upon a huge prospect. Introducing 17 year old Argentinian midfielder, Leonel Correa. One of our scouts noticed he was not getting any playing time with FCB Juniors, Barcelona's Argentina youth arm. For whatever reason, he is valued at just $9K. We offered them 50K and Barcelona had the opportunity to match but didn't so he's coming with us.

[​IMG]

The last big item was the loan of our midfield star, Federico Malano. He owns the midfield for us but we were offered 70K to send him to loan by Gimnasia (LP). We initially rejected the offer but countered with a 300K counter offer. I assumed that this would be rejected and we would go our separate ways. However, Gimnasia (LP) matched the offer and considering I only have Malano valued at 500K, a 300K loan was too sweet to pass on. We'll be happy to see him back next year, but his sacrifice will pay a lot of bills.
  11. Timpegoose

That kid is filthy.
  12. elprez98

elprez98 3 Star Recruit

I know. I tried to get a kid like this last year but Barcelona decided to match my transfer offer. They didn't here and I will not complain.
  13. elprez98

elprez98 3 Star Recruit

[​IMG]

We did not do nearly as well as we should have during the month of February. The first two results, a 3-1 and 2-0 win don't really count because they were both friendlies against questionable opponents. The next two matches vs. Huracan and at DYJ were both winnable but we gave away a late goal to allow Huracan to tie and a late goal to lose to DYJ. It looks like the loan of midfielder, Federico Malano may come back to haunt us. We seem disjointed in our midfield as no one has shown the ability to move into space and link up the forwards like he could.

Two more issues. First Lenny, our leading scorer with 10 goals on the year, got hurt in his first game back from bruised ribs. He strained his groin in the match vs. Huracan. Also, new transfer and starting keeper, Jorge Carranza twisted his knee awkwardly in practice. As of Feb. 28th, the doc will keep them out at least until mid-March for both players.

[​IMG]

As a result of a couple of less than stellar games, we have slipped to 3rd in the table. I think I will make a squad adjustment and move our other Brazilian starter, Edmilson, from center defender up to midfielder. The kid has a lot of versatility and we need someone who can control the midfield further up the pitch. We have five matches in March. Lets see if we can win a few and move back up the table.
  14. elprez98

elprez98 3 Star Recruit

[​IMG]

Another disappointing month in March as El Lobo Jujeño end the month just 1-1-3. The injury to Lenny (ST) and Carranza (GK) were huge blows and it showed as we weren't able to keep easy shots out, nor put away any easy ones either. We also lost our volatile, starting left back, Damien Jimenez, who was sent off 12/17/11 and was serving a 3-match ban following a vicious 2-footed tackle on a Union attacker. Therefore, it is no surprise that we finally win our fifth game when both Lenny, Carranza, and an under control Jimenez, are all back in the starting eleven. Interestingly enough though, it took a 90th minute free kick from Gimnasia favorite, Diego Chitzoff (RB) to sneak out with one of those draws.

During this stretch we also lost new transfer, 31-year old striker, Roberto Nanni. Nanni went down early in the match vs. Sp. Desampardos. After what seemed to be an innocent tackle by the opposing defender, Nanni went down and our fears were realized as the doctor said it was a torn hamstring and Nanni would not be available for the remainder of the season. We will really miss Nanni's imposing 6'2, 180 lb frame, while in his short time here, Nanni had become a team favorite.

We made a few more signings for the upcoming season. We expect to be promoted and have added a couple more players for the future.

[​IMG]

Kabore is a speed merchant and will, hopefully, be our future at left back. I'm guessing we couldn't get a full scouting report since he is in Africa, but we negotiated an offer for just £5/week. Yes, we are underpaying him, but I'm really interested to see if he meshes well with this completely different culture in Argentina.

[​IMG]

Fernando's technical skill is undeniable but he will definitely have to work to make our starting XI. He looks like a bit of a showoff, with little mental of physical gifts. We'll see how he performs.

I really like what Diego Jimenez looks like he may become. He looks like he may be a shutdown right back at our level of play and at 20 years old, he still has room to grow.

[​IMG]

I've been trying to Federico back all year. He was on loan with us last year and he was amazing. I offered his home club £300,000 to grab him following his loan stint and they accepted, but we couldn't come to an agreement with his agent. Fast forward a year and his contract is up and we were able to get him without the extra 300K price tag. The only issue with these signings is that we are only allowed to have 4 foreign players on the team and with Lenny (Brazil), Edmilson (Brazil), Saucedo (Ecuador), and Diaz (Uruguay), I'm going to have to make some decisions during the off-season.

After the dismal play in February and March, we have slipped to 5th place and are on the outside looking in at a playoff spot for promotion. These next few matches should prove critical to whether we gain promotion are spend another year in the 2nd Division.
  15. Timpegoose

I don't remember why you said you don't have '13 yet, but its on sale for $29.99 right now on Steam.
  16. elprez98

elprez98 3 Star Recruit

Must. Not. Give. In.
  17. elprez98

elprez98 3 Star Recruit

[​IMG]

So we fared a bit better in April as Lenny's return is evident, while Carranza (GK) is even more apparent with the one goal allowed through four matches. I'm pissed though because my f'n left back, Damien Gimenez picked up ANOTHER red card this year. He's such a dumbass. We're up 1-0 and here's the play he makes:

THERE WAS NO REASON TO EVEN ATTEMPT THAT STUPID ISHH!!!! I'm really considering moving him at season's end. I don't mind aggressive play, but he's just an ass.

[​IMG]

We now find ourselves battling for either that 3rd or 4th spot and with only 8 matches left, its definitely going to come down to the wire. I'll definitely be scoreboard watching.
  18. elprez98

elprez98 3 Star Recruit

MAY 2012
    [​IMG]
    3-1-0 for an outstanding month of May. We even included a 2-0 can of revenge on 2nd place Rosario Central for all of Argentina to see (it was a match that wasn't initially televised but was added about two weeks before). ​
    GOAL OF THE MONTH
    This month's goal comes from our final game in May away at Almagro. In a match that looked to go to a draw, we earned three big points with an 83' minute, free kick strike by fan favorite, Diego Chitzoff (RB).​
    [​IMG]
    Lenny is out again for 2-9 more days with a pulled hamstring. The recent return of Arraya should help, but we tend to struggle scoring whenever Lenny is out. Also, I had no idea Andres Rios lead the team with 10 assists and only 18 games. Very impressive.​
    [​IMG]
    We are in the home stretch and we control our own destiny. The win over Rosario Central was huge as we are only down by 1 point for an automatic promotion with a game in hand. Also, our final match this year will be against the table leader, Union. With a little luck, we even look to win the division. ​
  19. elprez98

elprez98 3 Star Recruit

June 2013

[​IMG]

How disappointing. We had multiple chances to win promotion (2nd place finish) outright and we just couldn't do it. On June 1st, we faced Chuibut and came out completely flat. We were steamrolled, 3-0 for our worst loss of the season. It also didn't hurt that midfielder, Mattias Birge went De Jong on their asses and earned a red card. Yea, he didn't play another match this year. Then on the 9th, we barely made out with a point as our only goal came from an own goal by a Boca Unidos player. We did win against Atl. Tucumán, but when it was for all the marbles against Union, we couldn't seal the deal. That match however was the best match I've ever seen on FM 2012, though.

[​IMG]

I did sign a new deal with Gimnasia (obviously). However this extension did not come without baggage. I saw that the West Brom job had opened up, and I wanted to see if I would have the opportunity to manage a lower tiered EPL team. The Gimasia fans went ballistic, calling for my head and then the board gave me an ultimatum, apologize publicly or resign. WTF? For just applying for the West Brom job. I have enjoyed the last two years and watching what we've built here, so I made my apology and then a couple of days later they offered me an extension.

[​IMG]

-I'm pretty happy that the Gimenez headache is going away. Those two red cards he received were hell on our our team performance. The other guys are retirees and a guy who never got a chance to play due to him not adapting to the formation we run.

So as a result of our failure to secure that automatic promotional spot, we get the pleasure of playing in a playoff for the third promotion spot vs. All Boys.

GREAT!
  20. elprez98

elprez98 3 Star Recruit

Slight edit.

I fell asleep last night and didn't save my game before my Mac ran out of juice. Therefore (and I promise I did not do this on purpose) we had to replay the Union match and won, 2-1. With that win, we move to 2nd place and earn (sort of) the automatic promotion. We are now in the Argentinian Premier!!!!!
  21. elprez98

elprez98 3 Star Recruit

Had to add this one:

[​IMG]

Now that was uncalled for.
    hammerhead1010 likes this.
  22. Timpegoose

Haha, after I got fired from Torpedo I had about 25 clubs tell me that :( Real good confidence boost there. But then Malachians was "delighted" to have me, so confidence was restored.
  23. elprez98

elprez98 3 Star Recruit

The Career of D. Dillard
    Management Year Three: Gimanasia J (Argentina Premier)
    [​IMG]
    Its our first year in the Premier and we've made a few changes to hopefully stay competitive at this level. We've upgraded our keeper to Federico Crivelli, who is now our team captain. Other additions include, De Mattei at left back and Federico Malano is back from loan. We've also added Jun Cruz Respuela at striker, who played amazingly well during our friendlies, while 17-year old talented front man, Leonel Correa is just itching for someone to slip so that he can take a permanent role in the starting eleven. We added another striker for depth, Sergio Almerion who showed an ability to finish, but damaged his knee cap in preseason play so will be out 5 weeks. We've also added a few defensive players in Lucas Malacarne and young prospect Leonardo Ferreira should also see some time at right back.​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We've got a gang of new sponsorships after our new promotions and I got a 2-year extension and a significant raise. I'm not really sure where we rank as far finishing but I can say we are definitely a better team than the one that was promoted last year.

[​IMG]

Our first four matches are televised, with the first being a home encounter vs. Tigre.
  24. elprez98

elprez98 3 Star Recruit

August 2013
    4-0-0 1st in Premier
    [​IMG]
    Take a picture of this because is likely the last time you'll see this. We came out of the gates firing on all cylinders leaving a trail of Premier opponents in our wake. I'm not sure what it is but its almost like the team is playing BETTER now that we're in the Premier. It doesn't hurt that I added a bit of talent though.​
    [​IMG]
    As you can see we were the most active Premier squad adding 16 new faces to help us compete and it looks like it has helped big time. ​
    [​IMG]
    One of the new faces is 18 year old and newly acquired defensive midfielder, Machado. I could not believe he wasn't signed, so I out bid some poor sap in Uruguay to make sure he came to Gimnasia. I'm pretty sure some huge team will come knocking for him, and when they do, they will pay handsomely.​

[​IMG]
    Lenny has scored 4 goals in as many games, while co-captain, Sebastian Diaz is right on his tail with three of his own. Diaz is a beast in set pieces scoring all three of his goals from headers on set pieces. Lenny even earned Goal of the Month:​
    We've got four games in September and I have no idea what to expect.​
    Timpegoose likes this.
  25. elprez98

elprez98 3 Star Recruit

September 2013
    5-1-2 3rd in Premier
    [​IMG]
    As expected, our run of results took a turn for the worse as we go just 1-1-2 for the month of September. Our defense has been exposed on the right side as I don't think Chitzoff has the wheels to keep up as a starter. I'm going to either move Malano (its his natural position) or Jimenez there and Diego will be coming off the bench or used in a rotation.​
    [​IMG]
    24 year old Brazilian, Edmilson had a great showing against Arsenal (de Sarandi) and was the main reason we didn't drop another 3 points.​

[​IMG]
    Lenny adds two more goals in September and is 2nd in goals in the league. His pace is world class giving him an edge over most players at this level and his finishing is getting better by the match. I seriously doubt I'm able to keep him for another year.​
    [​IMG]