The Front Page

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Hellisan, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I have recently taken over as editor of the front page of the site, and as we move forward will be responsible for getting content to the front page, etc. Although the forum members and league participants aren't technically our priority when putting up content, I still think people that are active within the community should be more aware of what's up there especially if something applies to them and it's something that they might be interested in.

Before I came to be involved with the front page I went straight to my bookmarks. USUALLY straight to my own league, and I have another one that goes to the general forums. I don't have any that go to the front page. I feel that is probably typical, and there's certainly nothing wrong with that, in a day and age where we're trying to save ourselves a little time.

So motivation #1 is getting everybody aware of what's there in case it's something they'd like to read and are interested in. We will have member profiles and things of that nature that are applicable to you guys.

Motivation #2 is I hope you guys will click the all-important "Facebook like" and "Twitter" buttons and post comments when you can, and help us spread the word about the community. I realize we are divided into people who care about the community to a great extent or don't, so we won't get full participation on that, but I'm hoping to at least improve it, and get people more aware of the front page.

I will bump this thread as we post articles and such. Thanks for your time and support, etc. :D
  2. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

If there's anything that you need help with I can try and be the best help as possible. Just say the word.
  3. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Good stuff helli
  4. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

You are welcome to use my Triple Option Dynasty. A lot more than just videos to come.
  5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I put up an article that suggests ways to improve the "sway" feature. Right now the risk/reward just isn't enough for me to really use it, and if you do successfully change a pitch, by then the kid is usually close to signing somewhere and you only improved the pitch one notch (from "least" to "very low" for instance). It's not even mathematically worth using.

So my suggestions are out there for how to work on it.

What would you guys do differently? Critique my suggestions or just add your own.

VIEW HERE
    Gyrene76 and Gravity like this.
  6. kdpnutter

kdpnutter 5 Star Recruit

I do like the article on the Sway Pitch and the overall recruiting of a player should be revamped. As the prospects of when your a smaller school as we see here on TSO with using Ivy league schools or smaller schools, you don't get the option to get new facilities or fix academic prestige without getting a different coaching job. I would like the idea of completely rebuilding the recruiting aspect, to include, coaching bonuses that would be given to the football program for performance. At the end of the year you see a budget that is listed for the schools with X dollars budgeted for the athletic department and specifically for the football program. It already tells us how many people attend the games so factor in a set ticket price for the game and give a figure off that (much as they have in the past with Madden with being able to get upgrades for the stadium or build a new stadium). At the end of the year the money you have for the budget to either upgrade facilities such as the practice field or a new stadium or upgrade the current stadium or turf on the stadium, add seating, add more parking space, more concession areas, fan interactive portion things of that nature.

During this time by improving what you have around you it will give your coach prestige not only for performance on the field but also off the field with how he is improving the program or how after a few seasons of no general repairs things start to deteriorate and fans begin to get angry because of a bad stadium or performance by the coach (which could lead to your firing for the bad performance on the field i.e. not meeting goals) leading to a better or worse coach prestige as well as how you sound to a recruit, as it is all pre-programmed text it should not take too much to change around the coaches/recruits interaction. For example Player A you talk to him about facilities which for your school is currently a D+ well Player A has that as a high mark and states "Coach I really was looking for a better place to practice and play" in which if you are in the process of upgrading facilities could respond "I understand your concerns, we are in the process this summer of building a new practice facility to upgrade" (If you have selected that option to upgrade the practice facility) in turn it would increase your coaches speaking ability to players as well as Player A would give you a positive point total higher because you are taking care of his areas of concern.

Really make the pitches that you would be giving to a player mean something and give you the ability to make your coach and school a better place to be and try to build up to be a perennial power with a non-perennial school power. There have been some great additions and subtractions to NCAA and Madden in the last few years and it is getting to that point that a revamp of the career mode for NCAA should come about as Madden has done some work with it this year and hopefully will continue to in the future.

Just one man's thoughts on the NCAA recruiting since you asked for our own ideas.....(y)

Hellisan
    Hellisan likes this.