1. Hey Guest,

We are testing some visual changes. This is obviously just a starting point, but we'd love your feedback.

You can leave feedback here: Feedback

Administration

Tradition Sports CC (X360) (4 Spots Open)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by JohnnyClutch, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

You'll reward them with a boat?!

[​IMG]
  2. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Lol. :D

Yeah I'm putting them on a boat to another country club.
  3. NismoRR

NismoRR 1 Star Recruit

Good tournamments the last couple days. Great contrast in conditions. Just wanted to thank you Johnny for geting the Pinehurst round up. GREAT course!
  4. JohnnyClutch

Cool. If I win the lottery I'm going to buy the extra courses because they have a few I want to play. Tomorrow got another hurricane set up, lol.
  5. JohnnyClutch

I hate having rounds where I have 8 birdies......

....only to finish at 2 under par.
  6. Jamie

Jamie 2 Star Recruit

Ugh, I know the feeling. On my CAG, I shot a -3 round with 9 birdies in the first Nationwide Tournament.
  7. JohnnyClutch

I don't think I shot under par with my CAG until the third Nationwide Tournament. Then I completely sucked at the Masters.
  8. Jamie

Jamie 2 Star Recruit

The first AAC tourny I was -7 and been under par every round in my career but then in TCCT tournies I don't do as well. The harder difficulty prob.

Edit: My first round at the Masters I was +2. Crapped all over the second round though.
  9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Don't boot me Johnny...I've been out of town all week for work. I plan on playing the Tourney this weekend.
  10. JohnnyClutch

Your not on the list. I know your good. There's a couple of guys who joined the site for TW and never post on here or play in the tournaments. They are getting das boot.
    NismoRR likes this.
  11. androomaj

androomaj 1 Star Recruit

Fixed
    JohnnyClutch and StormJr like this.
  12. JohnnyClutch

abolishthefed
    androomaj
    bamagrad
    beardcoast
    Bigpearl
    BirdDog1980
    Boom29
    CapEm16
    clayandlbf
    Darkwing
    Eaglems302
    Famou5 Five
    Jamie
    jlukes
    NismoRR
    recchem2000
    shootah66
    Timpegoose

The Masters will kick off tonight at 8pm. Sorry for the later kickoff but I did so to give NismoRR more time to play on Sundays since he is on PST and for other who like to play on Sundays.

We are down to 18 members. I would like to thank those who are still here and contribute to our Country Club.

Good luck this week at The Masters, a tradition unlike any other.
  13. JohnnyClutch

Congratulations CapEm16 for being the leader from our CC in the San Diego Open.

With the win you get to decide what the dailys will be this Monday through Friday.
  14. CapEm16

CapEm16 2 Star Recruit

Sorry, just saw this now. Pick anything you'd like for Today (Monday) and I'll post some ideas for the remainder of the week. As much as I respect being allowed to choose the dailies for the week, I'm all for playing anything if anyone else has a set up they would really like to try.

My one single request "IF" enough people would be okay with it, would be to play the August Par 3 on Wednesday.
    abolishthefed likes this.
  15. shootah66

shootah66 2 Star Recruit

we got to pick up some more guys somehow so we can have a club champ from week to week
  16. CapEm16

CapEm16 2 Star Recruit

If I could give up my "Club Pro" status to somebody else, I would. I don't bother playing any Amateur, Pro or TP tournies which is all they've had so far for Club pro's and Champions.
  17. shootah66

shootah66 2 Star Recruit

CapEm16 i played the pro tourny last weeek. and last i saw which was last night, the leader was -102! ridiculous
  18. CapEm16

CapEm16 2 Star Recruit

Agreed. Even -40something in the Tournament difficulty weekly's are ridiculous.
  19. Matt10

Matt10 1 Star Recruit

I apologize for missing - had a family emergency; forgot to notify y'all. I should be back on track unless I've received the boot/boat.
  20. JohnnyClutch

Ok. You just have to join again using the link in the first post.
  21. Matt10

Matt10 1 Star Recruit

Thanks, Johnny C - I'll be more active from here on out. Dad's surgery was successful.
    JohnnyClutch likes this.
  22. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Still here and ready for Augusta, don't care of my scores cause i know i suck at golf, just having fun with the club.
  23. shootah66

shootah66 2 Star Recruit

whoever set up that crooked stick daily, goood job it was a change of pace and i really enjoyed the scoring opportunities it gave us. fun stuff. had it to 11 under through 11 then only managed 2 more birdies on my way out. but the course definitely set up to go low. again great job
    NismoRR likes this.
  24. Eaglems302

Eaglems302 Walk On

Ditto that Shootah and Cap...I played Club Champ Invitational last week and the scores were B.S. (posted about that back then). Was hoping for better things as far as settings go playing in the"Pro Invitational" this week. No such luck. If every other country club out there is playing with those pansy settings, why even play the game? Again, I shot -70 over four rounds...that was better than 300+ players, but bad news is that that was only good for 106th place (so far)!!!!

The thinking behind those easy settings is warped IMO. Those tourneys should be real challenges (much like our "everyday" settings). It's bad when my biggest worry is trying to hole a 90 yard approach on a par 4 for eagle to even stand a chance of -24 for the round (which is what it would take every round for 4 rounds to win that dang thing). Get a par on a par 3 or 4 or just a birdie on a par 5 and you can kiss any chance at even a top 25 goodbye. If that's the way people are going to play the game, so be it...but I compare that to nube-tubers, campers and snipers in shooter games and QB's who drop back 30 yds and throw hail mary's every pass in NCAA/madden. Why bother playing against them? It's sure not because it's "Fun".

The ONLY thing those Champ/Pro invitationals are good for are building up easy XP/CAG points and coins. I've netted an easy 50-60k XP points the last two weeks in those tourneys and have been able to ramp up my CAG quicker than usual. I play with our CC settings even in my Career Mode in order to try to get better and be challenged...so building CAG in that manner has been slow and steady...but I still prefer our way over putt previews and the ability to "spin" the ball out of a hazard or the rough.

In a nutshell...if it weren't for TSO and our family of country clubs i would have probably already shelved this game due to the fact that it seems like everybody "outside" of the TSO clubs is playing amateur with all the boosts and trying to shoot -22 under per round. In Shootah's words...."Ridiculous!" Thanks for the competition and making the game challenging...keep it up guys!
  25. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

For me, I go through phases with my gameplay...and this year, like you said, I'm thankful for TSO...

Phase 1: Play on Am/Pro to build my golfer up (both Career Mode & Live Tournaments)
    Phase 2: Earn coins to get all of the course pins so that I can earn the max status points for my club.
    Phase 3: Play Live Tournaments to get Course Mastery
    Phase 4: Play Tour Pro/Tournament (Both Career Mode & Live Tournaments)

Usually the first 3 are such a slog because it's not my preferred mode of playing...but thank goodness there's TSO tournaments to 'enjoy'.