Transferring Online Dynasty to New Release

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Drifterbub, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Learn to live above your circumcision

How many of you would be in favor of transferring an Online Dynasty that you played an entire release and import it into the new game release. Think about the possibility of just continuing your current online dynasty with all the new features of the new game title.

This was started as a chatbox topic, but I figured I would give everyone a chance to weigh in. People were all over the board with it.

What do you think?
  2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Sounds like an awesome idea but I can see tons of glitches. Either way it sounds promising.
  3. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

For NCAA I would definitely love to. Not many people get that hyped up for a few new recruits going to their favorite schools as freshmen. And most rosters are inaccurate anyways. With a transferred file, everything that you built would still be there. And you continue from that. Personally, i think NCAA is most fun in the later years after the originals have left and all that is there are your recruits. This makes it easier to do certain topics like Hall of Fame and things of that nature.

For Madden, this probably wouldnt be that popular. Everyone wants to play with the Rookies and new FA pick ups.
  4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

It's something I'd entertain but you got to consider people who would not be for sticking with their current teams (whether it be the team is bad, the team is not their favorite or enjoyable, etc.). But this is a great idea
  5. Drifterbub

Rosters are inaccurate? Historically the default rosters that ship aren't -that- great but I feel like the community rosters kick ass.
  6. Drifterbub

I think that was my point in the chat box. Most people get tired of a team after 5-8 seasons. Some people like to hop around every few seasons so I don't think they would really care about transitioning the dynasty along.
  7. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

The community rosters are awesome but for shitty schools like Syracuse, the only one i really care about, they are slightly inaccurate. The main guys are there, but the #s usually get messed up and then certain players arent there or if a player gets kicked off and replaced they dont have them. Not a big deal, the main pieces are there, but a lot of freshmen are missing and all that too.
  8. Drifterbub

Numbers are tough because once you edit them you can no longer have duplicate numbers on offense and defense.

The community rosters I have seen are very accurate. Even for teams like Akron or Hawaii.
  9. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER 2 Star Recruit

I would love this feature if the coaching records transferred too. It would make it interesting to continue coaches. However I am in a dynasty that is in year 15 so I am sure I am not the norm.
    But I wouldn't want this over other enhancements, but if I can have it without sacrificing those FOR SURE.
  10. HAL9100

HAL9100 Replacement Commish

There's no reason you can't achieve both continuing and moving to different teams. In Z2H for example, we start off at a 1 star and try to work our way up the ladder to bigger and better programs. As it currently stands, we have a limited time frame to achieve this. Just 10-12 seasons or so. An option like this would allow us to extend the time frame that we spend at each school while still progressing and really expand the length of a "career".

For other league types, you could change up your league structure while still continuing the file...or you could keep things exactly the same. The only reasons from my POV to start over is if your league would prefer the current year's rosters or if you've had a lot of turnover and the history of the league has become mostly irrelevant.
  11. Drifterbub

My comment about hopping around was directed at the people who get tired of playing at a school or want to play elsewhere. It's not a coaching career move more than it is a user preference.

But good points, that's why I posted this thread.
  12. HAL9100

HAL9100 Replacement Commish

Well, that was sort of my point. You can change schools with a new release. Keeping the same "universe" doesn't have to be anything more than that. It'd merely be starting with where you last finished. The rise and falls of various schools that your league experienced remains rather than resetting it.

Another thing I just thought of. I wouldn't guarantee this, but my gut tells me it could help with league activity later in the release. Knowing that the league will continue rather than resetting has the potential to keep interest because what's happening at that point will be relevant in the next release.
    Drifterbub likes this.
  13. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Not something I personally would be interested in
  14. Timpegoose

Timpegoose 5 Star Recruit

I was actually just talking to Shaun Mason about this the other day, I didn't even realize it was possible. I think it would be a great feature for both offline and online. It would be great to be able to get 20-30 seasons in. But for it to work they would also have to make the CPU more competitive in recruiting and on the field or it would end up as 12 great user teams and then 100 C or worse CPU teams
  15. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

personally i would love this idea to work, being able to transfer yr current dynasty to the new release. it would help not feel we have to complete all 60 seasons on one release, on earlier versions for online dynasties it was 30 yrs. last yr was the introduction of 60 seasons for online.

sounds like a captial idea, hope it works out.
  16. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver 4th Horseman Commish, After Midnight Badass!

I don't know..... If it would take a ton of resources I would say it isn't a huge deal. I would cite some of the comments by other users about how people like to swap teams and get a "fresh start" when a new game comes out. In many leagues, guys on the "bottom" at the end of a cycle get to take the most talented teams in the new cycle which gives them a better chance to win, at least early on.

On the other hand, if it were reasonably easy to achieve, like the near equivalent to just importing new rosters...... then I would say, yeah, that would be cool and would give more possibilities for long running dynasties, even if many didnt take advantage.

The part where this idea hits a bit of a boiling point is this (which I dont think anyone has said yet):

What happens when the newer Xbox comes out in the middle of the cycle? How many guys get the new console right away? Is NCAA 14 going to be immediately available? If everyone gets the newer console it means an automatic reboot right? But...... if we could import the OD from one into the other......​

Just seems like the new console coming out has the potential to be a huge OD killer