TSO Members at EA.

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Shaun Mason, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'm assuming Markus has been keeping notes from the other thread as there have been many questions asked there that he said he would report back on.
    Emmdotfrisk likes this.
  3. Shaun Mason

Probably, but condensing them into one place would be helpful for him.
  4. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

Since we don't have the ability to play with or control more than one team in the new CC mode... I'm really curious to see how the CPU Teams will handle FA and Trades and their Depth Charts...

So, my question is... What kind of changes in CPU logic (if any) have been put in to improve on the terrible logic that has been in the game for years?

In my opinion, it was the terrible logic of the CPU Teams in the past that has been the Main reason people chose to play franchises controlling all 32 teams.
  5. Shaun Mason

Can you give more concrete examples of what made the logic "terrible"? It is easier to answer that way.
  6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

One item I saw brought up in the other thread was whether there were plans to allow players to change positions in online franchise/CCM mode (whatever the 'official' term is now).
  7. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Moderator

The logic wasn't terrible, it just didnt really exist at all... The only real cpu logic was during the draft, and it was lacking yes. Often times a cpu team would pick a QB with the #1 overall when they had a franchise QB already on the roster, and other similar situations. I am hoping the logic takes more after the offline franchise. However, as this is a completely new feature and gaming mode, I believe the old online franchise mode and CCM wont be very comparable.
  8. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

Just the Trades / FA signings the CPU would make during the Season...

The Draft picks they would make
    - IE - the Green Bay Packers drafted a QB in the 1st round of my Offline Franchise last year... The Minnesota Vikings drafting a HB in the 1st round...

Depth Charts not being correct.
    - Jaguars not starting Maurice Jones Drew, but rather a 73ovr HB... Steelers benching Ben Roethlisberger for some 78ovr FA QB

Just your typical "WTF" Madden issues lol.
  9. Shaun Mason

The current answer to that is no, you cannot change player positions.
  10. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Right but it won't matter.

Players can be played out of position - the most common of which would be the OLB/DE switch. In that scenario, you play the player where you want and progress the attributes you want and let the chips fall where they may. Position changes are a non-issue now, as far as I can tell.
  11. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

CPU logic has been revamped two fold. Coaches have a coaching style, playbook, and preference for their team. You will see as you go through the create a coach process that it is very in depth.

Every coach has a different profile and this profile dictates how they act. Loom an stressed this in the dev cycle and constantly is using raiders as an example. Heyward-bey on their roster is a 90 and on mine a 65 because of how things were setup.

This means logic is much different now. CPU teams value players for different reasons. You won't know how, why, or how good a player is on another system.
    Ansley likes this.
  12. Emmdotfrisk

You cannot change a players position in CCM, see my gamechangers site idea.
  13. Emmdotfrisk

Also, the draft is much different too. Especially since you don't know what OVR is. My best advice for you CeeGee is to play head coach 09, a lot of the same processes and CPU logic are there.
    bcduggan and Bucs like this.
  14. Emmdotfrisk

As long as they are regulated. But you cannot pull a spencer Larson and move a FB to LB
  15. RedZoneD25

RedZoneD25 TSO Social Media Coordinator

That is the best advice you could possibly give in any given situation.
    Emmdotfrisk and Shaun Mason like this.
  16. Emmdotfrisk

Totally revamped to value players, and player types. Looman mentioned that they wanted to make sure that teams wouldn't draft a qb with their first pick if they already had a franchise QB or up and coming star.
  17. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I'm still worried about the ability for people to "cheat" on these draft classes. I know players develop differently, but it seems like it MAY be predictable barring an injury (which I hope doesn't occur TOO frequently)
  18. RedZoneD25

RedZoneD25 TSO Social Media Coordinator

Going to be extremely difficult to predict who will be a star. You may know who has a great chance to be a star, but I don't think you'll see any spoiler spreadsheets this year detailing specific attributes with perfect accuracy. Too many variables now, which is a nice breath of fresh air.
    CHUNKNESS and I Peench like this.
  19. Emmdotfrisk

My goal it to get through as many seasons as I can and document everything. I'll try my best to find out.
    I Peench likes this.
  20. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Moderator

I may have missed it, but have you tried starting up and simming the first few seasons of a few different CCMs to see what rookie variance there is?
  21. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Awesome to hear. Have fun down there man
  22. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

With the new engine put into the game, what will/has happen(ed) with run blocking AI and the pass rush? These are two things that have plagued both football franchises. Though progress has been made, I worry that this new engine will bring the game(s) back to square 1 or put the game(s) a few steps back.
  23. Emmdotfrisk

I've only seen 2 drafts but the class from community day 3 and the E3 build was completely different.
  24. Emmdotfrisk

Please Define what you mean by Square 1 and a few steps back.
  25. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Moderator

I think he is afraid that the new infinity engine will be similar what happened with the series when it switched over to the current gen from PS2/Xbox. Progress had been made on the current engine/system for line blocking as well as other gameplay issues. Will a new system have bugs and quirks of its own and basically lose what progress had been made on the old?

Not my thoughts on it per se, I think they can still take what they have learned and built upon previously and apply it to the infinity engine, while also having the tools available to make it improved with the real physics...