What's In Your Bag?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CapEm16, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CapEm16

CapEm16 2 Star Recruit

No I'm not talking about your beautiful CAG that you probably spent 2 hours tweaking and adjusting to make it as close a likeness to Brad Pitt as possible. I'm talking about the bag 'o clubs you haul off to your local links for a round or two on the weekend.

Whether it be top of the line, what the pro's use or whatever you picked up at a garage sale that used to belong to some old coot, and haven't touched a blade of grass in 10 years, list them here. Talk equipment or brag about your double sided mini golf putter, all right here.
  2. CapEm16

CapEm16 2 Star Recruit

Titleist 905 driver
    Taylormade V steel fairway woods
    Adams CB1 Irons 4-G
    Vokey Wedges
    Putters = 2 Scotty Camerons, 1 Taylormade Corza, and 1 Odyssey - - - depending on which putter is hot.
    Bulldog likes this.
  3. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

2007 TaylorMade Burner Driver
    TaylorMade R7 Irons
    The Claw wedge
    No name putter
    Bulldog likes this.
  4. SkinniePost

SkinniePost 2 Star Recruit

Callaway X Tour Series Driver and 3W (Fujikura Stiff Graphite Shafts)
    Ben Hogan 2 and 3 Hybrids (Graphite)
    Callaway X Series Irons 4I-SW (True Temper Steel Shafts)
    Callaway Blade 60 degree Wedge
    Odyssey White Hot Blade Putter

Hate the hybrids, almost never use them, sometimes bring the 2 and 3 iron to the course instead... Also, the 60 degree can make me mental when the full swing is off, hard to get solid contact with such a thin face... But it is great around the greens.
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
    Bulldog likes this.
  5. CapEm16

CapEm16 2 Star Recruit

SkinniePost representing Callaway, eh. NICE! Those Hogans must be something like 10 years old now?
  6. SkinniePost

SkinniePost 2 Star Recruit

Callaway Pre-Owned clubs are awesome... Best deal I have ever found for quality clubs. The Hogan's are like 7 years old, and they have always sucked... Probably need to get the shafts shortened or get stiffer shafts... That is definitely why I can't hit them for crap, but whatever, I actually prefer ripping an iron through the rough anyways.

Love the 460 X Tour driver though... It is straight justified, instead of a normal driver that is hedged to reduce a fade. I can crush that bitch like 275 or so on a good day. It helps being 6'-0" tall with really long arms ;)
  7. CapEm16

CapEm16 2 Star Recruit

Yeah, a Tour head is usually a degree open rather than closed. If you have a good swing and are normally square at impact, Tour driver heads are the way to go. Also you probably have a shaft with low torque which helps keep things straight.

Callaway used IS great. Lots of good deals to be had. Never bought, or played with Callaway though but have taken a liking to their drivers over the past couple years. Last years Razr Hawk is on sale right now and I'm debating picking it up, but for my swing and specs, I've had the best results with the new Taylormade RBZ driver.... can't spend $350 right now on a new club though :(

6ft, long arms = lots of club head speed I bet.
  8. ivunphstu

ivunphstu 1 Star Recruit

I bought some new equipment last november after I went to Callaway for a fitting.

Driver: Callaway Diablo Octane
    3 wood: Callaway Diablo edge
    3 hybrid: Callaway Diablo edge
    Irons: Callaway Razr X
    PW and SW: Razr X
    60 degree: Nike V-rev grooves
    Putter: Nike Ignite 003

Haven't played much with them yet, only a little bit on simulators during winter so I can't wait to play them some more.

Had a little fun though floping shots with my 60 degree in my backyard though. :D
    Bulldog likes this.
  9. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Driver: Titleist 983K 9.5 with ALDILA NV 65S shaft and WINN G8 grip
    3 wood: Taylormade V Steel with stock grip and True Temper Dynamic Gold shaft S
    7 wood: Dunlop FZ-7 (Fuzzy Zoeller) stock shaft and grip
    Irons: (PW-3iron) Taylormade HT RAC with True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 shafts and WINN G8 grips(red & black)
    Wedges: Adams Golf Tom Watson edition Lob Wedge(60), Acuity sand wedge(56), Cleveland 588 gap wedge(53) tour edition
    Putter: Odyssey 6600 DFX (milled)

Got an old PING A-BLADE putter i use sometimes
  10. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I will take some pics today if I have time.

Just about everything in my bag is Taylormade - just like my CAG. (y)
  11. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

K-Mart brand I got from graduating High School. lol....seriously. :D

(I don't golf much IRL. Maybe once or twice a year...didn't go at all last year)
    Bulldog and Vlad like this.
  12. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

I golf more than that,with my super nice Dunlop set which came in a bag
    StormJr likes this.
  13. Bulldog

You can send me one of those Scotty Camerons :D
  14. CapEm16

CapEm16 2 Star Recruit

It's funny, I've been trying to sell one of them, for what I figure is cheap, but no takers. It's not like Scotty's lose their value like irons or a driver, but not even a nibble for $150 (originally $450)
  15. uncleho

uncleho 3 Star Recruit

Some shitty starter clubs most likely, that all came together when I got them as a gift a few years ago.
  16. Bulldog

I may be interested man send me a picture of the one your trying to sell.
  17. Bulldog

You like that Nike wedge? I thought about buying one a while back.
  18. ivunphstu

ivunphstu 1 Star Recruit

I'm loving it Bulldog. It's got a nice feel and I really needed a lob wedge. Can't complain!
  19. CapEm16

CapEm16 2 Star Recruit

Nike Wedges are on sale right now at Golf Town (I think the US has a few Golf Towns, like Golf Galaxy or Dicks I think) for $60.00 CAD. I'm tempted to even out my set of wedges so they are all the same. Right now I have vokey's but all three wedges are a different model and finish on the head.

I almost bought myself the new TaylorMade RBZ Tour model driver today. Was absolutely mashing it today. Had it set to 7.5' and absolutely crushing it, even the Employee gasped when I said I was gonna swing hard, and when I smashed it he almost squeeled. I might be buying the Ad Slogan that the RBZ buys you +17yds... couldn't quite pull the trigger with the wife standing beside me. Gonna have to sneak off to the store sometime by myself. :p
    Bulldog likes this.
  20. CapEm16

CapEm16 2 Star Recruit

Really enjoying hearing about what you guys use and some of the in depth details about your clubs. Really enjoy talking swing and club specs.
  21. ivunphstu

ivunphstu 1 Star Recruit

I also live in Canada and bought it last winter at GolfTown at about the same price. It's worth it! :cool:
  22. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

As Danthraxxx knows - I have a 60* wedge and its a love hate type thing for me.

I either hit an amazing shot with it or fuck it up royally. For me, when the club has that much loft you really gotta ramp up your swing to get it to go say... 60 yards. So if you ramp up your swing that much and hit it thin? (which I did a shit ton when I first go the club) HOLY BALLS. Talk about ruining a hole. Thats how you do it, lol.

Its a very risk/reward type club for me as far as full swings but for chipping and what not, oh man, invaluable. I love it around the greens, highly recommend it.
  23. CapEm16

CapEm16 2 Star Recruit

I used to used to carry a '61 wedge that was money from the sand. It feels pretty damn good too when you pull off a big Phil Flop shot from some shitty position and land one nice and close.
  24. Bulldog

Thats my go to shot especially when the ball is sitting up nice in the rough.....$ now i can't put as much spin on the ball as Phil can but still my favorite shot to hit.
  25. Eaglems302

Eaglems302 Walk On

Callaway Razr Fit Driver *
    Taylormade R9 4w
    Taylormade Rescue 11 - 2/3 Hybrid
    Ping G10 Irons
    Titleist Vokey 62 degree
    Odyssey Black Ice Putter / blade

*I'm still eye-balling a Taylormade R11s driver though...and yep, I'm a club "ho"
    Bulldog likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.