1. Hey Guest,

We are testing some visual changes. This is obviously just a starting point, but we'd love your feedback. Note you can change to a dark style by clicking the TSO 2.0 link on the bottom left of any page.

You can leave feedback here: Feedback

Administration

Which Course Would You Like Added To TW Franchise

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CapEm16, May 5, 2012.

?

What PGA Tour Course Would You Most Like To See In The Game?

1. Plantation Course at Kapalua

5.3%
  2. Riviera

21.1%
  3. Bay Hill

26.3%
  4. Harbour Town

10.5%
  5. Quail Hollow

31.6%
  6. TPC Louisianna

5.3%
  7. Colonial CC

15.8%
  8. Muirfield Village

42.1%
  9. Olympic Club

15.8%
  10. Congressional CC

31.6%
  11. Firestone

26.3%
  12. TPC Boston

5.3%
  13. Medinah CC

26.3%
  14. Other (Explain)

15.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CapEm16

CapEm16 2 Star Recruit

After watching the Wells Fargo Championship this week at Quail Hollow, i seem to remember really enjoying playing Quails Hollow on my old Links 2003 PC game. In fact, I remember having a very extensive library of courses made by independent creators using the APCD course design software. I enjoy "most" of the courses EA offers, but I miss having the best courses in the world available and at my fingertips like I did with Links.

So, which courses from this years PGA Tour schedule (and beyond) would you most like to see in the game?
  2. SkinniePost

SkinniePost 2 Star Recruit

They have already mapped the following courses for other versions of TW golf, so they would be easy for them to add as DLC...

Riviera
    Bay Hill
    Harbour Town
    Firestone
    TPC Boston

So since I have already played all of those... I voted for Muirfield Village, even though it will probably never be allowed into the game.
  3. CapEm16

CapEm16 2 Star Recruit

True, it'd be nice to see all of those courses added again to the library. Riviera was one of my favorite courses and I played a ton of Bay Hill on Tiger Woods Online when it was still in Beta testing.
  4. StormJr

StormJr 2 Star Recruit

I'm always for any new courses...Medinah, Congressional, & Quail Hollow would be great additions.
  5. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Excellent thread.
  6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

All of them!
  7. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Have to agree on QH. Most of the pros regard it as one of the best courses on tour.
  8. Selvy9

Selvy9 4 Star Recruit

Yea I'm all for Quail Hollow and Muirfield. Most of the others have been in one TW version or another, I'd love playing new TOUR courses that I watch on TV that I haven't seen on TW yet.

I know it'll never happen, but I'd love to see Sahalee CC in Seattle. Saw the 2010 Senior U.S. Open there and loved the course. Great Pacific NW kind of course, some big elevations, forests, beautiful views, just looked awesome.
  9. Vlad

Midfield Village that's another good one!
  10. CapEm16

CapEm16 2 Star Recruit

Anyone heard of Pine Valley in NJ? Now that is a course I'd love to see but unfortunately I doubt we will in our lifetime. Pine Valley is regarded as even more prestigious than Augusta and possibly as difficult if not more so.
  11. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx HK 15' Seahawks !

I have said for last few years they need a TPC download pack so I can play TPC John Deere course that I have played in real life ;)

Maybe Cheez would play better on that hometown-ish course ?
    Cheez likes this.
  12. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

I can't believe Bay Hill was left out of this years game.
    SkinniePost likes this.
  13. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

TPC Deere Run is a damn fun course.
  14. Cheez

no.
    no.
    no.

Augusta is by far the most prestigious course in the country. Pine Valley may be a better course (according to Golf Magazine, not Golf Digest), but Augusta is vastly more prestigious. There is no course in the United States that can hold a candle, prestige-wise, to Augusta.

Augusta: Founded by Bobby Jones
    Pine Valley: Founded by a bunch of Amateurs

Augusta: Host to the most prestigious event in American golf: The Masters
    Pine Valley: Does not host any PGA tournaments

Quite Frankly, Pine Valley is down in prestige from all of the courses on the game.
  15. CapEm16

CapEm16 2 Star Recruit

Maybe "prestigious" was the wrong word to use, but sticking with the conversation about "prestige", I guess prestige is relative and depends on your own personal point of view.

I think your wrong to say Pine Valley is less prestigious than Augusta based solely on who designs the course or the amount of tournaments it holds. They are both extremely prestigious in their own right, and for different reasons, but I'd say not one more than the other. Augusta is just more well known.

There are plenty of golf courses around the world designed by lesser design teams than, lets say the prestigious Tom Fazio group, and yet are considered as prestigious or more so than some of Fazio's fantastic designs. The fact that a group of Amateur business men were able to design a golf course that stands up to, and consistently tops the famous Bobby Jones' Augusta on a regular year to year basis, may be considered by some as a fairly prestigious honor, wouldn't you say? More to that point, Pine Valley was designed over 20 years prior to Augusta and set the standard for a tough golf test and maintains it to this day.

Whether or not a course holds a PGA Tour event shouldn't lessen a courses prestige, and many, many courses on the circuit most likely wouldn't hold a candle to Pine Valley. Is that to say the lesser PGA Tour stops are more highly regarded than Pine Valley. I doubt it. Pine Valley stakeholders do not host a PGA Tournament not because of the quality of the course, but because it is, unfortunately unaccommodating for the large crowds that would flock to the course. Why is it unaccommodating? Because this is the way Pine Valley wants it. It is more secretive and more secluded than any other course in the world. Their member list is a highly secretive club of business moguls and influential leaders. Chances are that you'd have a better chance of meeting Bill Gates than you would of finding a list of Pine Valley members (I might be exaggerating a bit), may also be considered by some as a prestigious honor due to its allure and secrecy. I bet you'd be hard pressed to have 75% of weekend golfers even know about Pine Valley, and yet it is HIGHLY regarded within the golf world.

Is it as well known and media covered as Augusta? That is a resounding no. I agree Augusta is leaps and bounds more prestigious than other clubs in the States, but for many different reasons such as the games greats all walking the hallowed grounds, The Masters Tournament, etc. Pine Valley is prestigious for its tough test of golf (considered by some as much tougher than Augusta) and its secretive nature. Is Pine Valley any less prestigious though? I'd say no, but that is a matter of opinion and relative to what I, personally find prestigious about a golf club.

Just my .02c
  16. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

SkinniePost

Is Banff allowed to be downloaded yet? Tried buying a round there with coins but it always says Banff Download pending.
  17. SkinniePost

SkinniePost 2 Star Recruit

Banff is available... Just keep trying, not sure why the download causes problems from time to time. I will see if I can find you an answer... Does it say pending on the Xbox download screen?
  18. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Yeah it does. After like 6 tries it finally downloaded.
  19. boil16

boil16 2 Star Recruit

For this season, I would Say the Olympic Club, I think they should always have the course the U.S. Open is going to be at.
    SkinniePost likes this.
  20. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

I want all of them.. I would like some of the courses that have been in old tiger woods such as bay hill and harbour town. But would like brand new courses as well.. Such as Medinah, Muirfield, and Olympic club. I also would like to see Pinehurst #2 in next years game with the new renovations to the course. I also would love to see quail hollow because its right down the road from me.. Think it would be a perfect fit since they have the wells fargo tournament there every year and in a few years I think the PGA Championship is being played there as well!!!
  21. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

I just go back to the dashboard and it downloads.
  22. Vlad

Bottom line I''d like to see every course that hosts a PGA or European Tour event,plus the ones for the US Open and both PGA Championships each and every year :)
    SkinniePost and CapEm16 like this.
  23. abolishthefed

abolishthefed 5 Star Recruit

#1 Harbour Town - I love courses that are next to the ocean. Imagine playing country club mode and having a 1 shot lead going into 18. How aggressive would you play off the tee? Do you try to hit it close to the stick and risk hitting it into the ocean or play it safe and risk another player making birdie?

#2 Riviera - They could make the greens impossible to putt, with the po anna greens. Also, the rough could be the ridiculous culcoolia grass.

#3 Firestone - Just because I'm originally from NE Ohio.
  24. thoov08

thoov08 2 Star Recruit

I love Banff. That is so far the only extra course I've downloaded.

I wish Harbour Town was on the game. It's a great change of pace with all of the trees hanging into the fairway. It puts a lot more focus on angles and workability instead of the full swing driver, short iron into the green type of hole we almost always play.
  25. Cheez

Never said those were the two sole reasons. Just listed two because I thought you would get the point. Apparently you didnt.

A few logical problems here.

1. Better design / design team does not equate to more prestigious. Prestige deals with how highly regarded the course is. So, for instance, a course designed by a group of monkeys with banana trees in the middle of a green yet is highly regarded will always be more prestigious than the local public course with little to no high regard. Yes, that is an extreme example, but the point is that without high regard - the course cannot be considered prestigious. Augusta is regarded as one of the pinnacles of professional golf worldwide. Pine Valley is just a country club with a great design. Ergo Augusta is more prestigious than Pine Valley.

2. How does Pine Valley "stand up to, and consistently top" Augusta? In what ways? Design - maybe you have a point there (cannot say personally because I have never seen Pine Valley).

3. Age does not, in itself, make a course more prestigious. It just makes it older.

Interesting point that the club has an allure to it - but it does not tie in to how Pine Valley is a more prestigous COURSE than Augusta. Although, Augusta does rival Pine Valley in membership, if it is as illustrious as you say (honestly do not know myself, so I will take you at your word). Augusta's members are the creme de la creme of the business world. While it may not be as secretive, membership there is a great honor. You would have a better chance at meeting Bill Gates than becoming a member at Augusta.

As far as PGA tournaments are concerned - PGA tournaments dont lessen the prestige of courses that do not have them, but raises that of courses that do. You're absolutely right that many courses may not be as great as Pine Valley, but the fact that they are more well known certainly adds to the effect. Let me run a scenario by you.

Person 1: Hey, I went down to Pebble Beach for the weekend. The course was amazing
    Person 2: Did you hit it in the water on the 18th? How did it feel to be on the same course as some of the legends of the sport?

Because Person 2 knew about Pebble Beach, the course must be significant in some way. Lets play out the same scenario with Pine Valley

Person 1: Hey, I went down to Pine Valley to walk the course during the Crump Cup
    Person 2: What's that? Where's Pine Valley?

Because Person 2 did not know anything about Pine Valley - the course must not hold the same significance to that person as, say, Pebble Beach. The fact that this is how most of the country would respond to Pine Valley means that the majority of people would hold Pebble Beach in higher regard than Pine Valley. Since more people know about Pebble and highly regard it - it is more prestigious. Now, you can replace Pebble Beach with a number of courses that are on the PGA and International tours and get the same response. Some courses on the respective tours, however, people will not know. Those courses are in the same league as Pine Valley.

Pine Valley is "regarded" by some for its tough test and secretive nature - not prestigious for them. However, when you talk about tests in golf - the thing that comes to a person's mind is not Pine Valley - it is the US Open and The Open Championship. THOSE are the ultimate tests in golf.

Prestigious was definitely the wrong word to use. The only thing you can possibly say is that the design rivals that of Augusta. That's it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.