World Cup Group Stage draw

Discussion in 'TFL: Tradition Fútbol League' started by Michael Woodward, Jan 30, 2013.

?

Which group is the group of death?

Poll closed Feb 6, 2013.
  1. Group A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Group B

21.4%
  3. Group C

7.1%
  4. Group D

35.7%
  5. Group E

7.1%
  6. Group F

7.1%
  7. Group G

14.3%
  8. Group H

7.1%
  1. eheskey11

eheskey11 2 Star Recruit

What made you switch? lack of available opponents?
  2. eheskey11

eheskey11 2 Star Recruit

HUH? You ARE joking right?

I can understand the goal kick thing because of the boomerang effect, but that's all AI, so it'll happen regardless. Or, maybe i'm misunderstanding and you're actually refering to a short pass? If so, then yes, this is just normal 'unwritten-rule' stuff that just about anyone knows about, who's been playing for a while. Same with throw-ins as well. I always back my players up.

However, no pressure when the ball is in my own half? No disrespect, but i've never heard anything so strange in my life.
    I thought the idea of the game is to break down your opponent by finding holes during your attack. Well how on EARTH am i going to do this if the entire 11 are behind the midfield line? It's bad enough that the ai seems to be able to automatically park the bus when need be, but now we're encouraging it?

Strange is say, very VERY strange.

Personally i don't mind. Reason being is that when people put on the high pressure, it opens up the pitch that much more. While it can horribly go wrong, it is something that you can cleverly use to your advantage.................something which, after millions of attempts, i am yet to consistently do myself. lol

If there are any form of rules that are to be applied to this cup, then there HAS to be a list posted so that we're all clear before kick off. :)

Can't wait, not expecting anything big for myself, but for some reason i'm buzzing for this to get started. Should be fun.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  3. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

4. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward 4 Star Recruit

5. Michael Woodward

Do you trust me to pick your roster for you? I want to have the tournament done and ready by tomorrow. You can practice with them before you play as long as you get your games in by the next week. I would hope you would trust me with the roster.

Senegal is JFace907
    Ireland is Gravity
    Colombia is MoonBBad
  6. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Michael Woodward

If you Create a Tourney, the rosters you choose for the tournament means we don't have to set it to custom or anything?
  7. Michael Woodward

You have to make it a custom match but you can't edit creation centre teams unless I'm dangerously mistaken.
  8. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

So I just need the most recent downloaded team?
  9. Michael Woodward

When I finish the tourney, you will just need to download the tourney and make sure you and your opponent are picking teams from the tourney set of teams.
    MartyWebb likes this.
  10. DaMeffodMan

DaMeffodMan 2 Star Recruit

In real life, if you are stupid enough to roll a lazy ball to a center back when my striker is right by, then you deserve to be scored on. I don't always stalk center backs with my striker, but if I notice you like to roll the ball out to them, and my striker is just leaving the box, I'm going to try and nab one of them. That's just another part of ball control. You should've learned by now to not roll the ball out to a center back when there is a striker lurking. Either toss it out to a halfback or boot it down the field. In real life you don't just get possession because your goalie has the ball. You can boot a 50/50 ball downfield, toss it to a fullback, or risk losing it on a lazy roller to a center back. That's some people's biggest problem in this game. Just like my problem in Madden. Some people need to learn when to kick the ball away and rely on their defense instead of turning it over in their own half and giving up a potential score. That's all League 1 is. The difference between the top half and bottom half I mean. The top half knows how to get rid of the ball instead of turning it over in dangerous areas. The bottom half doesn't and most of the time they get scored on is a turnover in their half. With that said, I don't think I nabbed one lazy roller and scored all season. Just saying, it's your fault if it happens just like I wouldn't complain if someone did it to me.

And you have to defend with forwards in the opponent's half in FIFA. FIFA's defense is not the same as real life. The forwards do no defend except for in the opponent's half of the pitch. They don't pressure the ball from behind or anything. Once you get past them, they are useless and just stand there. We've been trying to fix this with sliders editing the lines, but defending is not realistic to begin with in FIFA.
  11. Michael Woodward

Yeah I'm fine with it being guarded occasionally but don't run around all the defenders like a dick so that every option is too dangerous because booting it up to your striker is almost always a win by a center defender and it almost always goes to the opposing teams strikers between your two center backs for a great chance, way more than real life. And I'm saying that as someone who has been one of the best in the leagues in season 1 and 2. The thing about not defending on the one half of the field is ridiculous though. There is no way that should be a real rule in Serie if it really is. Maybe we are misunderstanding what you mean but no team does that in real life unless they're a minnow playing a giant and just want to pack the box and play for a draw and get 0 shots all game while having 40 shot on them.
  12. DaMeffodMan

Maybe the CB gets them all on assisted, but my keep is often the start of my counter-attack on manual. I've launched some that took 1 pass from the keeper to a great shot on target. And I don't hound the backline all the time, usually just jog up to them and try to bring other defenders into the lane where they're likely to pass to, but if they just scored or I'm down late or it's tied late then I'll hound the defenders. Anyone with some experience on FIFA though shouldn't really be troubled by someone who is relentlessly aggressive with their forwards. Usually that means they aren't marking up passing lanes down the field as well and it also means their forwards will be extremely less effective offensively cause they'll be gassed and often times out of position on the counter-attack. So basically I agree that it can be "douchey" to do it non-stop from 0' to 90', but it's not really overpowered or anything imo.

I agree that other rule is completely ridiculous though. You are just asking for a well-placed long ball down field. Watch any EPL game. Watch Spurs. Jermaine Defoe doesn't stop chasing the ball in the opposing half of the pitch.
  13. Michael Woodward

Alright. So I had a slight problem. Everyone is allowed to download one tournament for free. However, you are only allowed 24 teams and the tourney was 32. So, I had to create two tournaments of 16 teams. Groups A, B, C, and D are in TSO World Cup 1 and Groups E, F, G, and H are in TSO World Cup 2. This should work no problem. If there ends up being issues, we will go with a plan B.

So....I need

Blaza
    ryalaman
    abolishthefed
    KielCastle
    Timpegoose
    DaMeffodMan
    Danthraxxx
    MartyWebb
    niuhuskie224
    hammerhead1010
    Colemanchu
    fuzzyl0gic
    Jon MK
    shootah66
    GovernedSpy
    justca11mejuice

to go to this link: http://www.ea.com/soccer/creation-centre?league_id=150243334

Book mark the link and then get on Fifa 13 and go to the creation centre and download TSO World Cup 1

I need

Connor
    hedache
    Ricky Boots
    Randiesel75
    Michael Woodward
    The Richuation
    eheskey11
    Kasper
    Leander Francisco
    KoG CHEESEDIP
    XAttackConquerX
    ConiglioSG
    AJ Hart MN
    JFace907
    MoonBBad
    Gravity

to go to this link: http://www.ea.com/soccer/creation-centre?league_id=150243393

Book mark the link and then get on Fifa 13 and go to the creation centre and download TSO World Cup 2

Check out your teams. If you have any issues with the playing personnel and need me to make you your team with players that aren't included on your team, let me know by 1pm est or your squad will be locked and we will begin the World Cup shortly after.
  14. Michael Woodward

He's talking about on goal kicks, not when your goalie catches the ball and wants to throw short. On goal kicks, if you boot, the center defenders will almost always win it and send it back up your ass. Even when I've used 6'8" and powerful Lacina Traore, I still usually lose the header on goal kicks and its not me because I almost always win them when someone kicks the goal kick long against me. Me personally, I usually stand 5 yards behind their defender and let them kick it, then I try to take it after that unless they're marking my guys, then it's on.
  15. DaMeffodMan

I will say this, everyone has a different style of play just like irl. I like to play aggressive and I live off the long-ball counter-attack. I also give up more chances than I should because of this but when my tackling is on I'm more than fine with you taking your chances against my back four. This isn't all hounding the man with the ball either. I live in the passing lanes. I anticipate where the man with the ball is going very well when he tries to dribble around me. Now this play style usually works wonders against people who play a similar up-tempo style. The guys who give me fits are the slow, methodical (oh, the irony) ones. hedache can attest to this. Last year on FIFA he beat me like 27 games to 2 or something crazy like that. I wasn't better than guys like Connor, Huskie, etc, but I stood a chance some games. hedache's style of ball control, basically keep away, and stay at home defending gave me some major headaches. That's another thing new guys gotta learn. You're defending your side of the field, it's not juggernaut in Halo where whoever has the ball is racking up points. So pulling defenders to hawk the ball usually leaves you opening up your defense for your opponent. He doesn't even have to do any work. You're doing it for him. All he has to do is remain patient and make the easy pass. It''s like how the Spurs play basketball.
  16. DaMeffodMan

I usually try to hit it at different angles, not straight down the center. If you can hit it between the CB and the FB you can usually run under it. Short and you can usually head it on downfield at a teammate. I agree the defender wins it too often, but if you boot it to different spots of the field you can usually even up your chances. It's better than dead center too cause they can just head the ball straight up to their midfield and have a scoring opportunity. I see people who just do the same thing every time. Kick it straight down the middle full power so my CB doesn't even have to move an inch. Varying power and kicking it at angles is probably your best bet with goal kicks. Guys will mark behind CBs usually as well, so slamming A out to a FB usually works too. With all that said, I've seen very little CB-marking in my time here. In fact, I'll probably cut it out myself unless all my opponent is doing is kicking it to a CB. You have to send some downfield sometimes.
  17. Kasper

Kasper “Bobby, if you weren’t my son, I’d hug you.”

Sounds like the kind of play that makes me timid to join TFL. Over aggressive play is the stigma that keeps a lot of people out of there I think- and then people justify it with "just a different style of play".
  18. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy 4 Star Recruit

i cant download another tournament man i already have one for a transfer league i play on
  19. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy 4 Star Recruit

imo this is why Serie is so successful along with content, coppa etc
  20. Connor

Connor 4 Star Recruit

Do we have to download the tournament if we are using the team that is on fifa?
  21. Michael Woodward

I know all this man haha. It just gets old having to kick it to a winger every time. And yes, that's what I'm saying basically. Don't mark the CB every time unless they're doing it to you or unless that is all they're doing.

At the very least, go to creation centre and bookmark Scotland and download the roster from there. You can delete and re-download tournaments though. I thought you were playing on ps3 only? You're doing a transfer league on xbox?

Yes because if you just use one from the game, you could edit their attributes. Not saying you will but it needs to be the same standard for everyone. It's either download the tournament or download your team from the creation centre.
  22. Michael Woodward

Yeah, what he said definitely didn't sound good because it sounds like a seasons player but I haven't heard complaints about him so it probably sounds worse than it is so I guess we'll see what happens. There definitely aren't many people that play aggressive though. I think you'll have fun.
  23. Michael Woodward

Not many people play aggressively in the whole TFL.....Like probably not even 5. And those people are trying to work on that. So I don't know that it's that.
  24. Leander Francisco

Leander Francisco 2 Star Recruit

There is probably only one or two people that I would say play "over-aggressive". And two might be pushing it.
  25. Michael Woodward

BTW, after looking at Serbia, I can't believe no one took them. hammerhead1010, you should have been them. They are WAAAAYY better than Korea.