0-2, but still having a blast.

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by SimFBallCritic, Jan 30, 2012.

1. SimFBallCritic

SimFBallCritic Walk On

What's good everyone,

Just wanted to say how good it feels to be playing in a league with Sim Heads. I'm currently 0-2 with the Eagles, and I'm still having a blast. My game against the Bucs last night came down to the wire, the score was 34 to 35. I lost that game because of a mistake and the lack of real ball placement (trajectory) in Madden. I can't blame it all on the game because the corner was in pretty good position and it might not have been the best option anyway, but if I was able to place the ball where I wanted it to go it would have been a sure completion.

I'm sure I will get a win pretty soon, but the Eagles are currently playing like the roster would dictate. There are areas where we are weak and those are the reasons why I have lost my first 2 games. That part I'm really enjoying because it seems like the ratings are actually making a difference. Didn't want to make this a long thread or anything, just wanted to let you guys know how much fun I'm having and how much I thank you guys for providing a place to play a simulation style game. Ready for week 3.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

We are glad to have you here Sim - truly. If you ever need anything, you let us know.

3. SimFBallCritic

SimFBallCritic Walk On

Keller Will do. I can't imagine how much fun this is going to be once gameplay is improved. I think M12 was a hugh step in the right direction, hoping M13 takes a leap.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Keller

I can deal with gameplay deficiencies because a lot of the joy I get has to do with the backoffice stuff. I really want additional Online Franchise features to be fleshed out. We shouldn't have to run things through xtreme-football.net, you know?

5. SimFBallCritic

SimFBallCritic Walk On

Keller I agree. Also, I would like to see Preseason and practice mode in OF. Eventually I would like to see players improve or get worst in practice week to week, more so for backups and practice squad guys.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Keller

I like the shit out of that.

7. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Preseason would be interesting. Practice mode is a must. And me and Keller have talked about this. I feel players potential should not be locked. If you draft a young WR that has some good abilities but is a low rated WR with C pot, and he goes on to have a great season, his potential should change. I think just being able to have an edit player option would be epic, that way would could keep up with the updated rosters if we choose to do so. It just opens up a world of opportunities. But that is very unrealistic considering they haven't changed jack shit over 3 years to OF. Im really just hoping for practice mode and to be able to use custom playbooks, as well as being able to run my team from the console with contracts and such.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

couldn't agree more. I guess madden develop team doesn't realize players like Wes Welker and Tony Romo came in as undrafted FA. It's the real great things about sports is that you really don't know who can actually play until they come in. Hell the SB has a few players that would be forever 60 something players with bad potential if they didn't get a chance to play.

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I would love to see a weekly gameplanning feature fron online like NFL2k5's, it could be setup like recruiting on NCAA.

10. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I want to get the potential rating completely removed. Nobody can ever know exactly what potential a player has, they just look at the tools and personality the player possesses. Replace potential with Work Ethic. Now add NFL2K5's game planning, mix with work ethic and you might see a 55 ovr player become a starter by year 3

• Like Like x 4
  11. Keller

Progression should be tied to player performance and age - thats it.

12. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I disagree. You look at some of these players, and they are exceptionally polished coming out of school...others very, very raw. I think Madden should reflect that. Look at Jason Pierre-Paul. He was drafted purely as a projection, and the upside was huge. I would see Madden giving a player like that a 75-78 overall with an incredibly high potential. But yes, stats should be taken into consideration, as should scheme. Been saying it for years, SCHEME and how a plyer fits into that scheme should dictate how he progresses as well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

Im with Emmdot....Remove Potential all together...I find GEMS in the Draft that perform like 99 OVR when they are only lik 60-70 OVR. Progression should be based on production & stats, age, and position.

Either that or just fix Online Franchise altogether. Mode has gone virtually untouched since M10. Very sad because SimFBallCritic is just now cutting his teeth on this mode and it could be even more immersive with the right tools. Without XFN; I dont know if I would be enjoying OF as much as I am this year and EA needs to capitalize on MLM & XFN personnel to get this thing working right with salary cap, pre-season, practice mode, correct draft classes with scouting reports and "The Extra Point". How dope would it be for a weekly highlight show? Even if they are fake highlights. There'd be no need for another game for me. I could easily bypass CoD and whatever else comes out for a Online Franchise that works like Offline.

• Like Like x 2
  14. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i can't wait until Feb 14-17th....

and SimFBallCritic make sure that you let everyone on your YouTube channel know about us an link them to here and our YouTube site http://www.youtube.com/user/TraditionSports1?feature=mhee

15. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

I agree with this also, and I really never even thought about that. Removing the player potentials might be the way to go. But keeping it the way it is now is not ok.

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

I want Madden to bring back pre-game chances to increase attributes. They haven't had that since '09.

17. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    This would simply EPIC

18. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Forgot to mention what Emmdotfrisk said would be realistic. I just saw a link on PFT where the Pats have 18 Undrafted FAs, including 8 starters.

19. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

Yeah because that's how it works in real life. Right?

20. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Holy shit you're still in the league?

21. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

I'm back with the Cards.

22. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I want the Lions to progress

23. Hova

Just ONE season PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

24. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

This game is sim, when have the Lions progressed more than 1 season?

• Like Like x 1
  25. Hova

Only once. Thats all I'm askin for lol Id take the updated rosters and be happy lol