1/05/12 blazers Twolves

Discussion in 'Team Pages' started by bringbackjimmy, Jan 5, 2012.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

player rating Pot yrs sal
    Gerald Wallace 83 -- 1+P 10.65m
    Nolan Smith 71 B- 2+2T 1.31M
    Kurt Thomas 63 -- 2 1.40m

player rating pot yrs sal
    Wesley Johnson 70 B+ 2+T 4.01M
    Martel Webster 70 C 1+T 5.26
    Darko Milicic 62 C 3 4.78
    1st rd

This trade bolsters the wolves starting lineup and their bench immensely.. while also adding a cheap C to take place of Darko terrible contract. The blazers get a couple solid off the bench players and allows batum to move into the starting spot.

Bond
    JFace907
    Blaza
    BDSDIGITAL

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I don't understand how sending Wallace to Minny helps their starting lineup. They already have Beasley who is just as good and makes way less money.

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Agreed. BBJ, you should check with a user or different CPU team if you want to move Wallace.

Just doesn't make any sense for Minny to take him at all. Beasley is essentially his clone, only way younger and way cheaper.

4. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

wallace his 6 points higher than beasley and beasley wouldn't resign with me last year and that was after he opened up and i offered a max deal.

5. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

68-71-83-81-63 with 77 71 67 on the bench
    68-70-77-81-62 with 71-70-67 on the bench

6. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

And they will even out it get real close to each other in the offseason with Beasley's progression and Wallace's either plateau or regression.

7. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Bbj. I can't speak for the rest of the group, but if you wanna trade Gerald Wallace which you apparently do very badly, you would need to trade him to a contender that can absorb his contract and needs a piece like him to help make a run. Wallaces will never be more valuable than he is right now due to his sure to come regression. So whatever team gets him needs to need him this year and maybe next year but not in 5 years if that makes any sense.

I can't guarantee that a scenario like that would be approved but if you sent him to Boston or Miami, Orlando etc for instance ( I'm not interested tho). For a young player and a pick you'd probably get my vote. Those kind of trades usually go down later in the season tho But trading him to a bad team for young players doesn't make any sense. A team like minny would not benefit at all long term so it wouldnt behoove them to mortgage some of their future for 2 years of g Wallace. He's not a bad player but he's expensive and over the hill.

Hope that helps.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  8. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

so glad we have a trade committee. i would have never even considered this.

9. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

wallace is only 29.. and i have smith in the trade also who is a rookie with a B- potential. Webster is not going to progress at all and i am taking back a bad contract. While they maybe a bad team now this trade instantly makes them a better team with a lot more depth. plus Beasley most likely leaves after this season where Wallace will sign at a decent value.

10. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

• He might be only 29 but he's an 11 year vet. He's even hurt right now as we speak..and I looked at his stats he isn't having that great of a year. If he's not completely over the hill already he's at the top of it pointing south....you don't want him either so you know this is true lol. In 2 years he'll be in the mid 70's probably and Wesley Johnson should be high 70's low 80's and wrecking shit in the Western Conference.

• Minn takes a loss replacing Wes Johnson with Nolan Smith. Johnson is the better player now and will be in a few years as well. Nolan Smith is a backup pg/sg or a mediocre starter at best. He can't start at the point in Minnesota they have Rubio for that for the next decade. A 6'2" starter at the 2 guard is begging for disaster. Every other 2 guard in the league is gonna be 6'4" plus. He's not even that great of a shooter. In my opinion that's a PG you have there and that's the last thing Minnesota needs.

• Webster is a backup but it says Darko is playing 25 mpg (not sure if that's good or bad). Webster's contract however is expiring at the end of the season so you'll get 5 million from that. But you would be taking a hit with Darko's 15 mil / 3 yr deal. I'll give you that....but Gerald Wallace is 10-11 million a year as well, which isn't the best contract around either.

• Currently they are off to a good start so we don't know where that pick will be. I still think it'll be mid 1st round. Maybe lotto maybe not.
    So to boil it all down you get a really nice young player and a mid 1st round pick and a bad contract (not a terrible one but bad enough) and you give up a player that is on the decline, who brings a bad contract with him and 1 decent young player.

If you proposed this trade to a team that I knew was going to make a run at a title I might give it a listen, if it was a team in need of a 3. It might need to be reworked a bit but I'd definitely listen. Minnesota is currently 6-3 but we'll see how long that lasts. If it was to the Bulls or someone like that it would be a different story. I don't think you understand the principal here. Regardless of Minnesota's current record we have no idea how they'll end up. The Western Conference is tough and we aren't even 20% into the season. If this team is 25-10 or something at the break it might make a little more sense...maybe....but making their team older and not necessarily that much better makes no sense....

Also about making them better...that's where we disagree. I think this trade might make them slightly better today but it puts them 2 steps back tomorrow. It doesn't make them deeper at all...I don't know where you get that.

You're trading them 1 player that would start this year, 1 that would be in the rotation and Kurt Thomas who should be out of the league. They are sending back a starter, their 6th man, and Darko who apparently is playing. Sounds like they're getting thinner to me really.

Again, if you wanna trade Wallce go ahead, but find a contender that needs a 3. Get back a young player and a pick. If you can do that you'll have my support for the trade. I understand what you're trying to do, but I don't think you're going about it the right way. It's hard to find contenders with alot of expendable young talent...but that's how it is in the Association.

11. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I am trying to get players that fit my system. if you want me to blow it up with wallace to prove he isn't on the decline let me know. i don't like slashers and i don't think wallace will regress as fast as you think. Nolan Smith at the moment is better than johnson by 1 point not counting TC. I added Kurt Thomas who is better than Darko and cheaper. Wallace is on a 1+1 but i believe he will sign at a decent price where as their current Starter will ask for at least the Max if not bolt anyways.

12. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Come on bro, Kurt Thomas is a corpse.

13. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

a corpse is better than Darko..

14. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

3 offseason wallace is still better than johnson while 2 offseason him and beasley are still close and only until yr 3 beasley matches the point diff between him and wallace... nolan smith is 1 point below johnson and still improving where as johson has stayed where he's at.

I really think we have to ask our selves how many seasons are we going to get through? i believe this trade works out for both teams minny getting the better end of the talent while i get players i like to play with(minus Darko)

15. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Im hoping we get a lot of seasons in personally. It looks like we will average 6 weeks per season, so that is a pretty fast pace.