1/3 of the way update for your program!

Discussion in 'The Final Countdown' started by RWiacyknye, Jul 8, 2014.

1. RWiacyknye

RWiacyknye Walk On

We have just entered week six of our first year. That means, we are 1/3 of the way theough the first season. I thought it would be cool if we gave updates on our programs. Since we are all in our first season at these schools. How's the team and its current roster playing to your style? Who has shined the most (both sides)? How about any surprises? How's the recruiting coming? What's your goal for your team the rest of the way? That's just a handful of ideas of the top of my head.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

How's the team and its current roster playing to your style? The offense has been better than anticipated while the defense has been a struggle at times. I have had to go 3-4 WR in order to open up the running game. It's worked out fine since I have a good QB/WRs, but I have not been able to run the ball as well as I want under center. I can't complain to much since I'm averaging 50+ pts a game.

Who has shined the most (both sides)? JR-HB Remound Wright has 600 yds and 18 TDs through 4 games and is currently in 1st for the Heisman. On defense MLB Tarpley has 32 tkls and is the leader for an improving defense.

How about any surprises? The WR corps is playing better than I anticipated.

How's the recruiting coming? Epic. After this week I anticipate on having 2 5-star WR and the #3 CB sign after their visits are complete. The rest of the class is shaping up nicely and if I don't finish in the Top 5 in recruiting I will be disappointed.

What's your goal for your team the rest of the way? Win conference with a chance to play in the Rose Bowl.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

How's the team and its current roster playing to your style? Its a decent roster and there isnt allot of speed. I do like the way the D plays however, we have really been flying to the ball.. I prefer a faster RB and a QB with a stronger arm.

Who has shined the most (both sides)? Braxton Miller has been really good with his accuracy...better then I thought...WR Evan Spencer has been terrific. On D LDE Joey Bosa has been a terror, OLB Raekwon McMillan has been everywhere.

How about any surprises? Shocked at how well this game can play if you get the sliders right...The CPU has been tough, fun and pretty diverse. Its fun again..

How's the recruiting coming? Solid landed a top athlete who will be a CB and a speed demon RB who fits my style..Looking to be a stellar opening class...a foundation for the program.

What's your goal for your team the rest of the way? Would like to win or compete for the conference title and finish in the top 10.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

How's the team and its current roster playing to your style?

At heart I am a pro style , I Formation run it up the gut kind of guy, but I'm having alot of fun experimenting with the spread and this is a much different spread offense than the one I used at Baylor. Alot of pre-snap motion, read option, designed QB runs. Brett Hundley has been a ton of fun to use. On defense the 3-4 is a natural fit .

Who has shined the most (both sides)?

On offense its been Hundley, a pedestrian stat line only 3 TDs and 4 INts, but in game he has a much bigger impact. On defense I can't pick one guy, I really had no idea what kind of defense I had when I picked UCLA, but they seem to be pretty talented minus the late game breakdowns causing losses.

How about any surprises?

That I'm still ranked after a 1-2 start.

How's the recruiting coming?

Good very small class has allowed me to focus in on guys I want . A very nice linebacker group coming in hopefully and a couple solid offensive lineman.

What's your goal for your team the rest of the way?

Just to stay competitive in the PAC 12. I know I'm not going to win it, but there have been some really fun /tight user games so far so I hope to continue that trend as I head into the PAC Schedule.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Walter323

Walter323 Walk On

Hows the team and its current roster playing to your style
    -offence is great, lots of weapons.
    -D is switching to a 4-3 so there are a few kinks to work out.

Who has shined the most?
    -offence has to be true freshman Tyler Whiley, leading the natiion in receptions, yards, and TD's. catches everything
    -defense would be a tie between my two safties, ball hawking sure tacklers

How about any surprises?
    -surprised how good everybody can run the ball, or how bad i am at stopping it

Hows recruiting?
    - not many scholarships so i get to be picky. nothing signed yet but top 2 on many lists

Goal
    -pull my D together and contend for the PAC 12 title

• Like Like x 1
  6. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Pretty well. Mariota is very good in this scheme. He threw for over 500 yards and 6 TD's this week.

Devon Allen has been a gamebreaker because of his speed, and Mariota has been able to find him on deep routes. Hopefully that will continue.

How about any surprises?

Thomas Tyner has been much better than I expected. And keeping Marshall as a change of pace lets him explode after Tyner has battered the defense a little.

Enh. I don't like battles, so I drop guys after a few weeks if I'm not climbing and there's other users in the game. If it's someone important I will keep dropping points until they sign somewhere. I don't have any commits yet. I forgot to turn off assistance so all my visits are set in week 14. Hopefully I can stay in the game that long.

Competitiveness. I had a tough hard fought game with Knight and his Spartans that I lost on a Hail Mary. The game with rwiacyknye was more competitive than the score indicated. Then I had a vacation at a bad time and took a loss to Sun's USC Trojans. We're down one in conference already, but the matchup with Todd Ramsey should be a good one and could decide the Pac 12 North.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RWiacyknye

RWiacyknye Walk On

How's the team and its current roster playing to your style? The staff and I have been very pleased with the blending of the new scheme with the current roster. Being that we have only been on campus for four weeks (our staff did not coach offseason or week one) and these kids came here for either a pro style offense or the air raid. Each week, I see them getting more comfortable and really buying into the philosophy.

Who has shined the most (both sides)? I want to shine some much needed light on our offense line. This group is almost all pass block or balanced (more pass block) and yet we are averaging 292 rushing yards and zero penalties! When it comes to defense, I want to point out our strong safety (Stefan McClure) who has 23 tackles, 2 interceptions and two forced fumbles (one of them led to his teammate returning it for six). The other player is middle linebacker (Hardy Nickerson) who has 22 tackles and two forced fumbles.

How about any surprises? Our effectiveness in being able to run the football. Like I had said earlier, we are not a team that was out together to do this. Yet, we have got contributions from our quarterbacks, running backs, full back and wide receivers. Almost all of them have had to take a major leap of faith in myself and the staff.

How's the recruiting coming? Might I remind you that we did not get to hit the trail till week two! That being said, I could not be more thrilled with the results. I really like the waves we are creating in the south and plus our own flux of homegrown talent. We only have eight scholarships to offer this year. Which in a way is hard being that we are looking to completely make over an offense. I feel that we have really work hard to target players that will maximize this class not only in our football program but the classroom and our community.

What's your goal for your team the rest of the way? My ultimate goal from the moment I took this job. Is to have this program competing for PAC12 titles and be a presence across the nation. I would be lying if I told you that's realistic goal for this year. Our goal for this year is to get better every day, be competitive in what is one of the toughest conferences in college football and have the Golden Bears back in a bowl game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG]

I like my offense a whole lot, we have thunder and lightning and then able to get the ball to the playmakers at receiver. I am not really all that happy with the defense, considering I am a defensive guy. Our secondary outside of Drummond is so/so and our front 7 is sometimes there and sometimes fades. Need more athletes on defense, this B1G is killin me.

HB NicK Hill has shined so far this season even though Jeremy Langford is listed as the starter, Nick has the acceleration and speed which keeps him heavily used in the scheme. Mumphery and Kings Jr. are relied on as receivers. Jones at the LB spot has stepped up some and the secondary has had some key plays in some big games so far this season.

How about any surprises?

Not really, QB Damion Terry has given me a little bit of a duel threat coming in off the bench at certain times other than that not much I can think of.

Not good enough.

Ramp up recruiting, contend for the B1G championship and possibly National Title aspirations.

• Like Like x 1