#1 Alabama vs. #2 Auburn..

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LeatherHelmets, Sep 22, 2011.

1. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Final season game and it the battle for the number 1 spot comes down to the Tide and the Tigers....

Alabama has big atop the polls for most if not all of the season....Tigers have been in the top 3, at #2 for a good portion.

The stats;

Passing; Alabama QB at #7...2000 yards +....maybe prone throw Ints...11 vs. 19 TDS

Auburn QBs at #12 & #13...INTs combined 15 to 12 TDS..........so advantage to Alabama

Running....Auburn, #1 2000 yards, 28 TDs....Dwyer can control the game....advantage to Auburn

Alabama: #8...Eddie with 700 yards +....

Defense: Alabama has 3 def. players in the top ten in tackling, Auburn none

Pass intercpetions; Auburn has the top def. back in the game with 4.

Turnovers; Both teams prone to Ints, fumbles...Alabama has committed less.

Kicking game: FGs/x pts...about even..................Punt returns: About even.....Kick returns/TDs....slight edge to Alabama

The Bottom; Classic game. Strong passing vs. Strong running....both teams score a lot of pts....can be scored on if turnover count is high...

If Alabama gets the lead early, it will be tough on Auburn as their passing game is weaker...however if Auburn can control the game early, score early, run the ball....will be a long day for the Tide.

The prediction; Both coaches are tough, competitive.....the edge goes to Alabama as their offense is more balanced....

Alabama: 24-17...Auburn...

2. Andrew

Andrew Walk On

That's a lot of pressure...

3. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Congrats to both coaches for a great game, Auburn wins on a last second FG!

4. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Was a CRAZY game for sure.. Very well played by both coaches IMO....was the #1 insta classic for me.....last sec pass to my TE set up a short FG as time expired this game had it all....96 yrd rushing td at the end of the half....102 yard KO return awesome game this is why I play.​
    C ya next year Andrew​
    ScreenHunter_01 Sep. 23 14.28.gif

5. Andrew

Andrew Walk On

Without a doubt the craziest game I have ever been a part of. A total of 31 points scored in the final two minutes of the halves. Ridiculous.