**#1 Georgia Tech @ #3 Notre Dame** (GAME OF THE YEAR)

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by wildcatter78, Nov 3, 2009.

1. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

**#1 Georgia Tech @ #3 Notre Dame** (GAME OF THE YEAR)

This game is too important not to have a dedicated discussion/buildup to gametime! What are the other coaches predictions?

Can the ND passing attack be slowed down? Can GT utilize the run game to limit the ND offense? I would love to see a gametime so I can watch the score on Xbox Live...

Good luck fellas...

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

This, to me, is by far the regular season game of the year. #3 Oklahoma at #1 Florida was the best early season game, but these later season games have more on the line.

This one is going to be a slugfest. Both defenses are going to be challenged big time. I give the edge to Notre Dame, because their run defense is pretty solid, and GT is more of a running team. If the Jackets can get the passing game working, Notre Dame could be in trouble because their pass defense is weak.

This is a battle of the top two Heisman candidates in my mind. When they are both quarterbacks, this game screams shootout.

Either of you guys have a webcam? Slingbox? ANYTHING? I would love to watch! If we can get the game time solidified, and no video broadcast is going on, we could get a party chat going as we watch the scoring updates. If either Dat or JMill (or both) want to be in the party chat to keep us more up to date than the scoring updates, that would be cool.

This one will have a national title game feel to it in South Bend.

If I have to predict, I will stand by my prediction on the website: ND wins 42-38.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I score watched the game last year and GT should've won but he slipped up at the end (he out-thunk himself). I still give the edge to ND though.

4. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I'd go with a lower scoring game than Basis' prediction of 42-38...Probably more along the lines of 31-21 in favor of the Irish.

Go Yellowjackets!!

Ha...

5. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Last year was a bit of defensive battle. I think I ended up winning 17-14, but I was down most of the game. Dwyer really killed me though so I'm hoping I have a bit more luck stopping the FB.

Unfortunately I don't have any way of broadcasting the game. Wish EA made a way to watch the game remotely.

JMill you around tonight? I'm available from 6-9 eastern. Earlier is better for me.

6. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Basis...NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND. GT is gonna win and let me tell you why...Nesbitt isn't at the top of the Heisman list for nothing. GT wins a close one. My best Corso impression.

GO JACKETS!

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

That was a pretty good impression, as far as text is concerned -- haha!

8. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Ha, that was good...Funny stuff, Amp.

9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    If ND can get up early, this will be a blowout.

Otherwise, expect GT to grind the ball and keep the ND offense off the field.

MVP: TE Rudolph

10. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Ill be on all day to day and Thursday. Unless something like an interview comes my way, Im good to go whenever.

Sorry I didnt respond last night..My daughter was watching The Wiggles..OHHHH the pregame ritual's.

As for the game....I figure Clausen gets his. Nesbitt has 27 TD's and 5 picks on the year..We have learned to throw the ball and utilize all Backs. Dat has the experience so even at #1, Im feeling the underdog pressure.

As for score updates...No cam here...How about an ESPN scroll on my web page keeping everyone up to date on scores, stats, and plays

11. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I might be able to sneak out of the office a little early and play at 5 eastern. If not, I should be able to play at 9 eastern.

And if you want to throw up a quick update on you blog after scores (while we're at the kickoff screen), I'll be sure to wait 15 seconds or so before selecting the play. Just let me know.

12. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

No problem....I added alittle matchup preview in the Bolg area. Let me know dude.

13. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Great writeup. I thought I'd throw a link to it here as well.

GT-ND Preview

I agree pretty much with all your position comparisons. LB wasn't in there, and since I don't know what GT has there I can't say who holds the advantage. I do know that LB is the strength of my defense though.

Clausen has been getting pounded lately with sacks. I've been trying some new plays on offense and I'm lucky he hasn't been injured with how many hits he's taking. For every sack, there's been 2 instances of him getting the ball out but still getting hit.

Cierre Wood (HB) has been listed as "Questionable" for 3 weeks. He went down with a 2 week injury and this will now be his 5th or 6th week out. It's getting pretty frustrating. I saw the same thing happen with all my guys who got hurt last year. At that rate, Golden Tate might not be back for the bowl game even though he's supposedly only 2 weeks away. Anyway, I think not having Wood probably hurts worse in this game than not having Tate. Wood has been good for at least 1 breakaway TD in every user game he's played in. Although it was Jonas Gray who went 70 and 50 yards on his first 2 carries against Michigan this year. FSU shut Gray down though.

14. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Nice writeup on the preview JMill! I agree with Dat about the omission of his LBs. They are definitely very strong. Also ND may have dominated Michigan in year 1, but he certainly didn't in year 2. That 55-20 score was a simmed one after we had to throw away our close UvU game.

Oh, and good luck stopping Rudolph. I specifically planned to stop him and he still torched me. It'll be interesting to see if you can get any pressure on Clausen. With the default sliders that you guys will be using, it seems like our QBs have much more time to throw than they do against the CPU. On the other hand, I was able to sack MSU's QB 6 times, but I think that was an anomaly. I'm among the league leaders (possibly NCAA leaders) in team sacks (both given up and gotten), but in my user games this year, MSU sacked me once, PSU got me once and I never got PSU (who at the time led the Big10 in sacks given up).

From what I've seen, user games seem to be all about offense and who turns the ball over.

15. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

16. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Great write-up guys! Love the pics as well...Nice!

17. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Very cool. Thanks Basis.

JMill, I'll hop on by 4:30 eastern and let you know if 5 will work.

18. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

JMill, 5 eastern should work. It would be helpful if you posted to confirm that you'll be around. I have a window from 5 to 6:30. My recruiting is done, so I'll be ready to go right away.

19. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Ill be out to get my daughter at 4:30 EST. I should be back in a half hour and we can do this!!!!!

20. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Excellent, see you in a bit. Good luck.

21. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Both guys online and about to play.

I'll post scoring updates and my estimated time of game here!

I also have a Madden game in a little bit, so if someone wants to take over at some point, be my guest.

22. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Notre Dame strikes first with a field goal. 3-0 Irish, early first quarter.

23. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Georgia Tech fires right back, likely on a kickoff return! 7-3 Yellow Jackets!

24. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

GT strikes with 57 yard run by NESBIT!!! Clausen has been sacked 1 time and hit 4. ND has 2 fumbles and Clausen is being chased

25. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I took off work to be home to watch this...

Not really, but I am home from work early today and will watch along as I can. Go Jackets! Nothing against Dat, I would like to see GT win it all over a traditional power like ND...Makes it funerer.