#1 Stanford at #4 Georgia

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Talk about a rematch for the ages. This game has all the implications of a great one, except each team is on the other foot. Many of you know last season Stanford stormed into Athens and put on great defense until late in the 4th when the Dawgs were able to slip by 16-13.

Preview:

Stanford - We all know that RJ Montgomery is the glue that holds this team together. He currently has 38 TD passes with only 7 interceptions. The plethora of receivers on the Cardinal squad has given every team fits. Montgomery loves to pass the ball around, sneaking passes to the TE when he can. But let's not forget the kid has found his ability to scramble, leading the team in rushing TD's. The defense on this team is nothing to laugh at either, leading the nation in turnover differential.

Georgia - While no one particularly stands out on their offense, the Bulldogs are still dangerous at every position. But the story of this team this season appears to be the defense as they have just about destroyed every team they have come across. Leading that defense is CB Russell with 13 INT, any ball coming this kid's direction is sure to be deflected at the VERY least.

Will this be defense vs defense? Or will it be whoever has the final possession?

• Like Like x 1
  2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

ASU leads the nation in turnover differential, not Stanford (you can thank UofCWildcat for putting me up on top!)

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

:mad:

4. jello1717

And Masler had BETTER rep the Pac12 and do us all proud in this one! Not including the simmed ASU/LSU game (in which I never trailed in any of the frozen attempts) the Pac12 is 3-0 against the SEC this year in user games.

Let's keep that rolling!

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

[​IMG]

6. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I don't know who to take in this one. Big Game Billy or Masquerading Masler. I'll take the home team. But if the game was in Athens last season, why is it there again?

7. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    East Coast bias? Think Bill takes it this year

8. jello1717

As someone with a huge vested interest in this game, I'm pulling for Masler BIG time! Unfortunately, I don't think that he can pull it off and blLL flo wins by a TD. While UofCWildcat was extremely delusional if he thought that he could play for the title, he was right about me, but I still need a couple of things to happen. First, I need Kent State to lose to an 8-2 Ohio. Even though the Flash are only #13 in the BCS with only 1 game left, I firmly believe that the polls will put an undefeated Kent St team ahead of any 10-2 teams, and while it's taking them a really long time to slowly move up the polls, I'm sure it'll happen.

Secondly, I need Stanford to beat UGA. If we ignore KSU, I'm #3, 1 spot ahead of UGA. If UGA loses to Stanford, then I'll remain in 3rd behind Stanford and then if I can beat then in the CCG, I'll get the bid. If UGA beats Stanford, however, UGA will move ahead of me by beating the #1 team. The following week, if I can beat a newly #5ish Stanford, I don't think that'll be enough to leapfrog me back in front of Bill (since he'll be playing the #10ish team as well) and Bill gets his 3rd failed attempt at winning the NCG.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Here we go Masler, here we go! <clap, clap>

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I said i maybe could. You were the one who definitely could

10. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

GO DAWGS!!

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

I was also thinking this. Oh well.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Thanks for jinxing me again asshole

13. jello1717

How did I jinx you? I said I didn't think you'd win just like Big Suge Knight and GoGators.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

By rooting for me