#1 Tennessee vs #2 Missouri

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hornfaninbama, Sep 18, 2012.

1. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Oct 21, 2009

Chris: Welcome to College Gameday built by The Home Depot. We are live in Knoxville, TN for tonight's showdown between the top two teams in the country the Tennessee Volunteers and the Missouri Tigers. There is a ton at stake tonight as the SEC East will likely be decided here in front of the Volunteer Navy. A win by either school will almost assuredly place them in the SEC title game which has been a stepping stone to the NCAA title for 5 of the past 6 years. Kirk, what should we look for tonight?

Kirk: I love the Tennessee offense, they have been amazing all season long. Tyler Bray has slung it all over the field to his top 2 targets, Junior WRs Justin Hunter, and Da'Rick Rogers. Those 3 have accounted for almost 1500 yards and 15 TDs. When you throw in Marlin Lane and his almost 1000 yard season this far you have one of the most explosive offenses in the country.

Lee: I think Missouri has the best player in the country and anytime you have that player on your team it can make you incredibly tough to beat. James Franklin has rushed for 860 yards and 12 TDs and added another 2200 and 21 TDs against 8 picks. His QB rating is 217. That's off the charts. And don't forget he has an incredibly athletic TE in Eric Waters who has caught 28 passes for 567 yards.

Chris: What about the guys that win the game? The defenses?

Lee: Mizzou has the 99th ranked defense in the country. They give up lots of yardage, but they're 14th in sacks, 4th in fumbles, and top 20 in interceptions. They run a high risk defense that gives up some big plays but also account for some of their own. They're tied for 8th in turnover differential at +8. Tennessee is only plus 4. This game will come down to turnovers.

Kirk: I agree with you Lee, but I think Tennessee's "bend but don't break defense" will prove very tough for Mizzou's fast break offense.

Chris: Let's see what Dr. Lou and Mark May have to say.

Rece: Coach Holtz what do you think tonight's showdown is going to bring?

Lou: Ish Notre Dame playing? Becaushe I pick the Fighting Irishhhhe.

Rece: Coach. Tennessee and Missouri.

Lou: That'sh what I shaid. Tenneshshe will win thish ball game. Mishouri isn't shtrong enough to shtand up and play the Volunteersh shtraight up. But I think if either one of theshe two teamsh were to go toe to toe with the guys from Shouth Bend they would get shellacked. But that'sh jusht my opinion.

Mark: Coach, stop looking at me all googly eyed through those glasses. You look like a muppet. I think Mizzou wins this ball game. I think their offense will be to tough to stop for the Volunteers. You've got the best dual threat QB since Dan Marino was at Pitt and maybe the best freshman WR since Larry Fitzgerald, also from Pitt, in Dorial Green-Beckham. These guys can flat score some points. Remember they put up 56 against UGA, 45 against FSU, and 48 against Alabama.

Lou: They also only schkored 13 against Shouth Carolina.

Mark: One game coach, one damn game!

Rece: Alright let's hear your picks, Coach?

Lou: I have to go with the TENNESSHEE VOLUNTEERSHH. I think their defenshe will be too tough for Mishouri to move the ball on and their offenshe doesh jusht enough to win. This is an SHEC team we're talkin about here. 24-17.

Mark: I have to disagree with you coach. I think Mizzou gets it done today. Not a blowout but a hard fought game between TWO SEC teams. Geez Lou, you forget that too. Too bad we can't stick that in a daily pill carrier for your senile ass. 38-31

Rece: And with that lets get back out tithe guys on location.

Chris: Thanks guys, it's almost time for our picks. Any last nuggets of wisdom to pass along?

Kirk: The key tonight is slowing down the main guys for each team. I think Tennessee has
    more of them than Missouri and a better defense to slow them down. Missouri only has a few guys on defense who will make a living at this sport one day and I think that will be the difference. Tennessee.

Chris: Alright. Lou?

Lou: You know Kirk I want really bad to agree wih you on this one. Tennessee is a great team and will play in a BCA bowl this season. I love Smokie and the Volunteer Navy, the team running through the T. But tradition doesn't count much today. AND THAT'S WHY I HAVE TO PICK MISSOURI!!!!

Chris: That is going to wrap it up here for now. Enjoy whatever crappy Big 10 game we have on next. An get ready for some real football tonight. We'll see you here afterward.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

Jul 31, 2012
    HAHA, very enjoyable read but the Lou Holtz parts cracked me up- that guy is nuts. I still remember when Appalachian St. beat my wolverines a few years back and he slobbered through "You can't let App-a-lachsshs-ian State beatschh ya twicesshh"

Should be a fun game, I hope it is a close one either way down the stretch so i can be near heart attack at the end.
  3. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Mar 15, 2012
    Beast of a writeup