1 time reprieve

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by NYJuggalo45, Jan 11, 2010.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

1 time reprieve

I am asking for a 1 time reprieve on my playbook selection.

I changed to Air Force on a whim, thinking I needed to do something to get my 2nd best offensive player, a running QB on the field. Thru 2 games, 1 vs the cpu, 1 vs Cole, it has been entirely ineffective, mainly because my QB and FB are about as fast as my HBs. Then to top it off, my running QB went down for the season against Cole in game 2.

Yes, I should have practiced with it more before making the change...no excuses there. Just didn't have time.

So I'm asking for a 1 time reprieve/do-over to change my playbook. I won't even look at any others, and just go back to the one I used the past 2 seasons, West Coast.

If you guys object, I understand, will make due. But I think Ryno (maybe someone else?) asked for this once before, so I figured I'd make the plea.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL I told you to practice with it hahahahaha

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Damn it.......I knew it!!! Thats why I wanted you to use it!

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

In the words of Allen iverson...

I'm just hoping I make all 12 games this year, no time to practice. But its ok if I can't change back, just won't use fleXbox One

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I think you should have to use the teams playbook if you change it during the season!

6. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Yes swap back to your old book or the U book.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I think we'd have to say do what was done the last time. I can't remember what happened either. I think it was Ryno, and I think that he went to another book. If that's the case Juggs should be able to as well. If somebody was told no, then that should be upheld.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I was told no once........but I don't count.

Anything to keep you engaged to your team....change it.

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I asked tried to bribe foshe with free zoo lights tickets last year to change my book and he shut me down.

10. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

we'll let fosh decide. don't want any preferrential treatment to keep me interested. one has nothing to do with the other. i made the decision to change. if i can't change back, just have to man up and live with it. if i can, cool. i'll roll with either West Coast (which I used the past 2 seasons) or Miami's generic playbook

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

foshe has been a little MIA from the boards lately....hmmm

12. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

so can i get a ruling on this? i used Air Force in my cpu game in week 4, and quite frankly, it sucks that 1/2 my playbook is useless. would like to know before my week 5 game one way or the other

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Fosh sent me a PM asking if I would be commish as he is busy. He didn't give me any information about his reasoning just said that he's busy. Frankly I would rather he be the commish. He is more even keeled than me and IMO has done a great job. I really want Fosh to continue even if he can't do things like Twits etc. I can't believe that he won't have time to log on once every other day and check the boards.

Nevertheless I want to see if there is anybody who flat-out opposes Mike changing playbooks. You guys know that he wasn't around hardly at all last year... I dont wanna say he didn't know his team but when we were discussing playbooks and Air Force came up he was like ... right... I'll go with that one. and then posted it, without ever looking at his team or running the plays in practice because he was too busy.

If nobody has a problem with it I don't have a problem with it but of course this would set a precedent.... If there's somebody that would be bitter since they WERENT allowed at some point to change playbooks then please just say something rather than keep quiet.

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

let him change. It is frowned upon and don't ask again!!

Helli if you need help with stuff I am available. I don't imagine anything will but we should be able to handle anything that comes our way. Just got keep that firecracker blaza in line and hope Mike R doesn't blow a fuse!

Yeah I could sniff something was up with fosh......hope everything is cool.

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Me too. He is the right dude for the job. Ramirez said that he is working again so that may play into it. I just want to make sure that he literally cannot do it because that's hard to believe.

Mike, go ahead and plan on making this switch... Unless somebody says something. But this is a special circumstance, anybody who has to take a leave from the game should stick with something tried and true the following year. :D

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah playbooks are a funny thing....when switching make sure you have to time to practice and learn the playbook........I am putting more time then ever to learn my new playbook.

17. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

So do I go with Miami's generic playbook? Or West Coast playbook which I used the past 2 seasons?

And we all know I'm special (insert little yellow bus, helmet wearer, window licker, etc joke here)

18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Would recommend what you used before man

19. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Ok, unless anyone objects, swtiching back to West Coast. Thanks