10 BOLD Predictions for S8

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, May 25, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

My take on the season, given by 10 bold predictions:

1. TCU will finish with at least 7 wins, marking BakerWildcat's first bowl appearance and winning record.

2. Air Force's offense will struggle mightily, and their offensive line will be in the top half of sacks given up.

3. Utah will win more than 8 games.

4. The Cougars will finish outside the 4 of the MWC, underachieving with their pre-season #2 conference projection ranking.

5. The winner of the SDSU v UNLV game will finish inside the top 3 of the MWC.

6. Wyoming will not increase their win total from 8 in the past season.

7. Between BYU, CSU, and UNLV: 2/3 will upset Air Force.

8. TCU will upset BYU.

9. CSU v Wyoming will determine if the Rams repeat as MWC champs.

10. A team NOT named Air Force will win the Mountain West Conference.

2. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

1) TCU *could* win the conference this year. dont know how well they have been recruiting but i expect a decent team and baker will step them way up

2) Even if AF goes to a heavier dose of pass, he still loves quick routes and dump offs. he'll still be very successful getting speed in space. I like to set up deeper route so i give up sacks. frustrating but accepted

3) Utah has always been tough but 9+ games is not easy in this conference

4) I think this is very believable

5) I *should* be top 3 every damn year. but i let a game or two slip that i really shouldnt. it's rivalries. its football

6) I didnt know wyoming won 8. good job

7) Air Force will only lose once all year

8) 1+4

9) You should have the conference lost by then

10) because air force beat you

3. IrishBearcat

1) TCU is a 1 star program, coming off a 3-9 season. They definitely has 3-4 star talent, but a new coach going up against coaches who have run their system, scheme, and are used to their players will be tough. I believe several users will sleep on their TCU matchup and pay for it.

2) The speed factor is going to become less and less effective as the rest of us are catching up in recruiting. Much of Air Force's success has been speed/beating you off the edge. This concept worked wonders when we were all ballin with C's and D's for overall defense, but that's no longer the case. It helped AF in the short-run, but it will finally catch up (especially with their O-line, I think I had a better one in S3).

3) Utah had an impressive 7 win seasons (lost bowl game as well) with their backup true freshman 63 overall starting. If they can avoid injuries, they should be setup for a 9 win year.

4) BYU had a great year last season, and their being overrated for it. Their QB situation will be problematic and cost them a few games.

5) I love watching this game and usually the winner has a better season. Both of you had some head scratching & close losses, but I think one of you will win this game and avoid the heart-breakers of S7.

6) Wyoming got some players, but didn't improve much. They have a tough schedule, and all defenses will have DB's who are a step faster. Wyoming's QB will have the #s because all they do is pass, but they won't be as effective.

7) Air Force will lose twice, perhaps three times.

8) I think BakerWildcat's talent matches up great against BYU's talent. TCU's strengths are BYU's weaknesses.

9) Possibly, I believe even an AF loss won't put me out of it at the end because I believe they will lose 2 games.

10) Air Force could beat me, it'll be a great matchup. Their home turf is never friendly.

4. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

I like this since it will be motivation to bring back the MWC title back to the Academy! Remember, last season was my first year without any option, total difference in years past. Though my offense line may look horrible, that can be deceiving as well. For example, Wyoming had a horrible defensive ratings but their defense played lights out. I think people read to much into a given players rating.

5. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

too funny.

As seen in my first game, RB Chavis (who is actually better suited for the NFL than Barrett) I think is going to be a bruiser (Peyton Hillis style) once we hit MW play. Also, Oshio, it is finally nice to play you at the end of the season compared to week 2.

6. IrishBearcat

Noff you know I'm just motivating you, I'm trying to close the gap so you can't use your line as an excuse :p

7. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

its kinda ironic, i was on the computer looking at our past games and such and last year you completely shut me down, the year before I completely shut u down. Its kinda crazy that we flip-flop like that. Several of my o-line could progress by midseason to 70 ovr which is better than the 68 they are sitting at. After moving some players around I think I got a good fit.

Also, my FB was ranked higher than two lineman that I have starting.

• Like Like x 1
  8. IrishBearcat

We definitely bring it for our game, and usually the side that shows up to a lesser degree gets punished pretty badly. Arguably the most intense rivalry in the OD.

9. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I love the predictions. This is the worst QB/HB combo I've ever had, no doubt. We'll see if they can over achieve. Went back to the prostyle, and definitely had a few pleasant surprises week 1 from my young guys.

10. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Lol, damn here I am feeling confident about winning more than 7 games this season and the prediction is only 8 WATCH OUT GUYS WYOMING GOING TO DOMINATE!