10 Burning Questions: Alabama & LSU

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by gwill, Aug 17, 2011.

1. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Back by popular demand, it's 10 Burning Questions!!!! This time we're interviewing two SEC West Schools [​IMG][​IMG].

The First Five are for both coaches.

1. Not much is known about the men running these programs, so tell us something about you guys.
    2. What attracted you guys to your respective programs?
    3. What player(s) on your respective teams that we don't know about should we pay attention to?
    4. What player(s) are crucial to your team's success?
    5. What game on your schedule are you most looking forward to?
    These next five are for Alabama.
    1. You lost a heartbreaker to South Carolina in the SEC title game and then they went on to win the National Title. How did you and your players feel after both title games knowing the title that's in Columbia could've been in T-Town?
    2. You return Heisman Trophy winner Trent Richardson. How did you do it and how much of an impact will he have on your offense?
    3. The Bama-LSU rivalry is a very interesting one where it seems both teams have more success on the road. You play at LSU this year, so do you feel more confident coming out with a win?
    4. The recruiting trail was good to you this past offseason. What freshmen do you expect to have an impact immediately?
    5. What are your expectations for this season?
    These Five are for LSU.
    1. Your first season as coach of the Bayou Bengals was very forgettable. What steps have you taken to prevent another season like that?
    2. As tough as last season was on you, it had to be even tougher on your players. How did you keep morale up, and more specifically how did you manage your QB's?
    3. A big part of LSU's troubles were at the QB position. You played three QB's last season and brought in a couple more in recruiting. Do you think the younger guys will motivate the vet's to play better? Do any of the young guys have a chance to play?
    4. As I asked Bama, The Bama-LSU rivalry is a very interesting one where it seems both teams have more success on the road. The game is at LSU this year, so do feel you more pressure to win?
    5. You play the defending National Champs this year, but they've had their struggles this year. Do you feel you can add to their struggles, and how will you plan to do it?
    Thank You coaches Magoo, eberdeeber for your time. Next time we head to the SEC East with South Carolina and UGA.

2. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

1. Not much is known about the men running these programs, so tell us something about you guys.
    Well I live in Illinois and sound like a hillbilly. I am an Accountant by degree but now I am a project manager/estmator for a industrial electric contractor that handles millions of dollars of work. I have 2 girls 11 and 17 and married to a wonderful woman.
    1. What attracted you guys to your respective programs? Bama fits into the way I played football, smash mouth defense and power running game with a nice pass balance.
    2. What player(s) on your respective teams that we don't know about should we pay attention to?
    Senior DE Square - this guy is really harrasing the QB's and MLB Mosley he will be filling big shoes when Hightower graduates this year.
    1. What player(s) are crucial to your team's success? Heisman winner Richarson and the defensive line - of we can get pressure then the defense really becomes potent.
    2. What game on your schedule are you most looking forward to? I am looking forward to the Georgia game because we have not played yet, but always look towards LSU because the road to the Title game runs through LSU every year.
    These next five are for Alabama.
    1. You lost a heartbreaker to South Carolina in the SEC title game and then they went on to win the National Title. How did you and your players feel after both title games knowing the title that's in Columbia could've been in T-Town? Yeah that really gave my boys heartburn last season losing both games by 3 points, then it really flared up when S. Carolina won the National Title.
    2. You return Heisman Trophy winner Trent Richardson. How did you do it and how much of an impact will he have on your offense? Well some of the success yeah is on the man carry the ball, but the unsung heros of the season was the offensive line. Without them Richardson would not have the Heisman. Now Bama is busy making sure that the offesive line stays solid and gets some real road graders.
    3. The Bama-LSU rivalry is a very interesting one where it seems both teams have more success on the road. You play at LSU this year, so do you feel more confident coming out with a win?
    Bama-LSU rivalry is always a tough game and think it will always be that way. These biys gi after each other like their is no tommorrow. I dont see the game going down any other way. I am a bit more confident this year since I have a junior QB but Death Valley is tough to play anytime.
    1. The recruiting trail was good to you this past offseason. What freshmen do you expect to have an impact immediately? CB RAndy Lee just because the secondary was so thin after last season. He already has 1 INT this season and 4 tackles.
    2. What are your expectations for this season? I expect to get to the SEC title game but have to win at LSU to get their, my ultimate goal is to bring some fine crystal to the Tide.

3. eberdeeber

eberdeeber Walk On

1. Not much is known about the men running these programs, so tell us something about you guys. Well, I live in South Carolina on the border of Georgia. I grew up in Bayou country and was transplanted by high winds and storm surges.(hurricanes). JK I moved because I needed a different scenery. Still a Louisiana boy through and through. Love football. Married with a one child and one on the way. Also a teacher
    2. What attracted you guys to your respective programs? I was born in this program. I guess you can say I was never apart from it
    3. What player(s) on your respective teams that we don't know about should we pay attention to? TE Clement and CB Claiborne. Both solid players and always come up big when you need them. Clement is coming in to his own since filling in for Deangelo Peterson
    4. What player(s) are crucial to your team's success? The TE Clement. He is important to Mettenbergers progressions in passing. solid outlet for the QB
    5. What game on your schedule are you most looking forward to? I look no further than the one that is in front of me.

These Five are for LSU.
    1. Your first season as coach of the Bayou Bengals was very forgettable. What steps have you taken to prevent another season like that? practice. yes, I am talking about practice. Just in case Iverson is listening
    2. As tough as last season was on you, it had to be even tougher on your players. How did you keep morale up, and more specifically how did you manage your QB's? Well it really wasn't tuff on the guys because there not real and they are computer men without feelings. lol I told them we would be better and we have the talent to beat anyone. Well the bad ones left and Mettenberger is starting to become the players we thought he would be
    3. A big part of LSU's troubles were at the QB position. You played three QB's last season and brought in a couple more in recruiting. Do you think the younger guys will motivate the vet's to play better? Do any of the young guys have a chance to play? The only chance I think for one of the younger guys to play is if the starter gets hurt. As far as playing 3 QBs, We had to do what we needed to do. We tried to play someone who gave us the best chance of winning. Mettenberger was new to our system and needed to grow and the other two were not consistent enough. We settled on Lee at the end and leaned a lot on the Running backs. Lee lead us to 4 victories and no one can take that away from him.
    4. As I asked Bama, The Bama-LSU rivalry is a very interesting one where it seems both teams have more success on the road. The game is at LSU this year, so do feel you more pressure to win? No. I tend to not fall in to the statistic. LSU is known to go outside statistics since being here as coach. I feel we have more of an advantage because of our fans and how committed they are.
    5. You play the defending National Champs this year, but they've had their struggles this year. Do you feel you can add to their struggles, and how will you plan to do it? Yes, I feel we can add to their struggles. I think if we can contain the run and score on offense than it make for an exciting night for the LSU Tigers. What is their Running back's name?