10 Burning Questions: Mid-Season Review

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by gwill, Jun 14, 2011.

1. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

1. Have you accomplished any of your goals? Any new goals?​
    2. What game on your schedule has been the toughest?​
    3. What player on your team has surprised you (Good/Bad)?​
    4. What positions have been your strongest & weakest so far?​
    5. How’s your recruiting going?​
    6. What team in the league has surprised you so far?​
    7. If we had a league MVP, who would you vote for?​
    8. If we had a Coach of the Year, who gets your vote?​
    9. At the end of the year, where do you think your team will play? ​
    10. At the end of the season, who do you think plays for and wins the BCS National Title?​

2. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Wheelers yours?

3. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

4. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

1. Have you accomplished any of your goals? Any new goals? Yes, all of the. New goals, win ACC and BCS National Title.​

2. What game on your schedule has been the toughest? The toughest game that was on my schedule was aginst Notre Dame where i overcame a 19-0 deficit.​

3. What player on your team has surprised you (Good/Bad)? Sophmore HB Paul Howell has been the biggest surprise.​

4. What positions have been your strongest & weakest so far? QB, HB, WR, LB's, and secondary​

5. How’s your recruiting going? Very well.​

6. What team in the league has surprised you so far? South Carolina​

7. If we had a league MVP, who would you vote for? Temple​

8. If we had a Coach of the Year, who gets your vote? Temple​

9. At the end of the year, where do you think your team will play? ACC title game and BCS National Championship game.​

10. At the end of the season, who do you think plays for and wins the BCS National Title? Ohio State versus Miami Hurricanes. "Would" be a great match up. I obviously pick my Canes over the Buck's.​

5. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

1. Have you accomplished any of your goals? Any new goals? So far to date we have accomplished having a 10 win season and continuing. A Big 10 Title is in sight, but if we want it we're going to have to go to AA and beat TSUN. If we do that, another title is waiting at the finish line.

2. What game on your schedule has been the toughest? They've all been tough but Pitt, UGA, and PSU have all tested us in multiple ways and forced us to find a different way to win.

3. What player on your team has surprised you (Good/Bad)? The player that has surprised us the most has been our punter Shaun Mansfield. His punting has really helped us in the field position game. Against Pitt, he placed two inside the 3 yard line and also against Clemson, he downed on the 1 yard line which led to a crucial turnover. Its a lot easier to play defense when the offense has 90+ yards to score.

4. What positions have been your strongest & weakest so far? Our strongest position has been running backs, not only has Greg and Chris been good, but our backups aren't lazy either. We feel good at the HB position. Our weak point has been pass D. We really haven't rushed the passer or put pressure on receivers like I hoped. What we've lacked in pressure, we more than made up for forcing mistakes.

5. How’s your recruiting going? Its really good. So far, we have 13 new Buckeyes and looking to bring in 4 more. We haven't recruited Ohio well, but we kept a couple home and look to get more.

6. What team in the league has surprised you so far? I would say South Carolina. They had a rough start, but recently they've put it all together and even upset then #2 Florida. They could be the team to watch for late.

7. If we had a league MVP, who would you vote for? I have to give it to Sammy Watkins and his QB. They make an unreal combo and I was impressed at how in sync they were when we played them.

8. If we had a Coach of the Year, who gets your vote? I would have to say Coach Charleston. A lot of other coaches would have packed it in and started prepping for next year but he had faith, and they pulled off a major upset.

9. At the end of the year, where do you think your team will play? If we keep playing like we have, we should be defending our National Title.

10. At the end of the season, who do you think plays for and wins the BCS National Title? I think OSU plays Texas and the Buckeyes repeat as National Champs.

6. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Dude was unreal, truly a big part of your comeback.

7. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

1. Have you accomplished any of your goals? Any new goals? At Navy we just wanted to make a bowl game this year and improve moving into next season. But we're not just trying to win 6. We play to win the game! Look at us now- 9-1, top 25, but the loss against Notre Dame now keeps us out of a BCS Bowl game. We're just trying to win our last 3 games now.

2. What game on your schedule has been the toughest? Notre Dame. No doubt about it, nobody on our team played well. We just didn't play as a team, but we're moved on since then.

3. What player on your team has surprised you (Good/Bad)? No one in particular has stood above the rest. I'm happy with both sides of the ball.

4. What positions have been your strongest & weakest so far? We've had a great running game this year and our linebackers have really come to play.

5. How’s your recruiting going? Recruiting is good for Navy's standards. We have a few guys left but I'm hoping to see some of these new freshmen on the field next year.

6. What team in the league has surprised you so far? South Carolina was absolutely terrible to start the year. I saw them winning mayber 3 or 4 games and now they're beating the #2 team in the country.

7. If we had a league MVP, who would you vote for? Now you go for the tough questions. That Watkins kid out of Clemson is great. Not that that wasn't expected.

8. If we had a Coach of the Year, who gets your vote? The coach over at Miami came in, inherited his team, and coached them to their potential. He's doing a great job and I can see him in the National Championship game. Well, if he can beat Clemson of course.

9. At the end of the year, where do you think your team will play?It's really disappointing that our team, which could finish 11-1 makes a December bowl game, but that's expected. Can't do anything about that.

10. At the end of the season, who do you think plays for and wins the BCS National Title? I got Ohio State winning this year. I just don't think Miami can handle Clemson, but that game is huge.

8. jtthirtyfour

jtthirtyfour Walk On

1. Have you accomplished any of your goals? Any new goals? qualified for a bowl game, will meet goals w/a win in a bowl game and a win over SC to close out the season.​

2. What game on your schedule has been the toughest? navy was a very good team​

3. What player on your team has surprised you (Good/Bad)? backup QB mark downs has come off the bench for some huge plays and has like 5 TDs to 0 picks and also led us to an upset over oregon.​

4. What positions have been your strongest & weakest so far? strongest has been the backs...no one leader as they all get carries/yards but they have all been solid. weakest has been the secondary, we've given up some big pass yardage in certain games.​

5. How’s your recruiting going? ok, have signed many of the players we targeted. still trying to seal the deal with a couple kids.​

6. What team in the league has surprised you so far? south carolina​

7. If we had a league MVP, who would you vote for? we play clemson so i'll tell you about their WR after this week​

8. If we had a Coach of the Year, who gets your vote? charlestonsc​

9. At the end of the year, where do you think your team will play? hopefully the rose bowl​

10. At the end of the season, who do you think plays for and wins the BCS National Title? ohio state vs miami​

9. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

1. Have you accomplished any of your goals? Any new goals?​
      Well, with the illness and subsequent and immediate stepping down of Coach Paterno, the university was not doing so well. Since I was given the interim job, and basically an ongoing interview for the permanent head coaching position, my goals were to right the ship and save our season. With back-to-back blowout wins, we've secured a bowl game and possibly a fourth place Big Ten finish

2. What game on your schedule has been the toughest?​
      My first game as Head Coach against Purdue. It took us a little while to settle our nerves, then we roughed em up pretty bad.

3. What player on your team has surprised you (Good/Bad)?
      SO WR Chris Hill Had 345 All-purpose yards, including 2 kickoff returns, and 4 touchdowns in a route over Oklahoma State. The kid had a legendary day. I think SO QB Jamie Owens could work on his accuracy a little bit. Other than that, we are a complete and destructive unit. If not for the adversity earlier in the season we would have competed for a Big Ten and a National Title.

4. What positions have been your strongest & weakest so far?​
      Without a doubt, Senior RB Gabe McBride has consistently wore defenses out over four quarters since given the starting nod against Purdue. Our Pass defense needs to improve.

5. How’s your recruiting going?​
      I have inherited a power due to the exceptional recruiting of Coach Paterno and his regime

6. What team in the league has surprised you so far?​
      Besides Penn St. I would have to say Navy. Coach JasonKapono has built a National Power at one of the nations Military Academys'. Definitely my vote for Coach of the Year

7. If we had a league MVP, who would you vote for?​
      Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to watch the progression of any individual players over the season.

8. If we had a Coach of the Year, who gets your vote?​
      1st vote Navy Coach JasonKapono. 2nd vote ME.

9. At the end of the year, where do you think your team will play?​
      We could possibly sneak into the Champs Sports Bowl

10. At the end of the season, who do you think plays for and wins the BCS National Title?​
      I see Ohio State smashing Miami.

10. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

wow infinite. i feel a little hostility. cant wait to play you next season.
    :)

11. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Mr. Cocky...sorry fella...but based off my evaluation of scores, like opponents, and roster strength. i gotta go with the Buckeyes. Maybe, just maybe, this total disrespect of your program and your coaching ability will inspire The U to dig into the depths of their football souls and come out of the National Championship with an upset win.....Aren't the Buckeyes defending champs. i also believe they are heavy favorites....I dont know Coach Cocky, I just don't see it. I hate the Buckeyes. Maybe in the next few weeks the 'Canes can show the nation something and make us all believers. I wonder who The Gameday team is picking as their early favorite.

• Like Like x 1
  12. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Mr. InfiniteMTX....I'm sorry too...but based off my evaluation and the limited time we have communicated through this wonderful invention of the World Wide Web....Does this pretty much nail it???

dbag.gif

13. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Lol......I'm on your side. I heard you were the top coach in the nation. I just think The U might be a little out manned. Love that picture tho. Funny!!(even gayer pink undershirt) hilarious!!

14. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

hmmmmm...put this guy on my schedule next year.
    : )

15. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

<----- won't be wearing his pink undershirt in the Overdrive X-mas picture this year

16. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

17. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Lol @ Bigking

18. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

You guys don't have to wait on a scheduled game in the season to play this out. :) Settle this "Live" style.

19. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

naw, Imma wait for '12. That way neither one of us knows what to expect. But remember, I'm a FNG here, so don't give me the toughest schedule in the nation.

20. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Oh no...your talking Nat. Champ and all..you should be able to handle whatever you get :) I'm gonna do my best to give everyone an "A" difficulty if possible. Sometimes it isn't possible b/c of conference games.

21. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On