10 Burning Questions: Penn State

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by gwill, Jul 17, 2011.

1. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

This year 10 Burning Question is different. Instead of 10 general questions for everyone, each week will be specific to a different coach with questions for them. That being said, Leading off is the Overdrive's favorite coach InfiniteMTX.

1. Without a doubt, you have been the most controversial coach in this league. Some coaches have gone so far to say you're all bark and no bite. How do you respond to that?

2. Your brash boldness has rubbed one of the coaches the wrong way, and he has repeatedly challenged you only for you to deny the requests repeatedly going so far as to say "I'll see you in bowl game". As it turns out you will be playing this season. How do you feel about that?

3. While you have repeatedly denied one coach any oppurtunity to play you and stirred the pot, you often sing another coaches' praises. Why?

4. There is a report around that you have guaranteed a win this year in Columbus, depsite the fact PSU has only won there once in its storied history. Is this true, and if so how do you plan to do it?

5. Do you consider OSU to be a rival? It seems that your season seems to always revolve around the Buckeyes.

6. How is your team looking this year? What are strengths/weaknesses?

7. What does your schedule look like this season? Is there anyone you would like to play in the future?

8. What are your team goals this year?

9. I know its presumptious, but who do you think will win the B1G 10? National Title?

10. Any final thoughts? Comments?

2. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

i love the first few questions!

3. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

1. Without a doubt, you have been the most controversial coach in this league. Some coaches have gone so far to say you're all bark and no bite. How do you respond to that?
    I understand all of the doubt throughout the nation aimed at PSU. What have we accomplished? Nothing yet, be we will still continue to work hard until we accomplish our goals. And that is to be the best college football program in the universe. We will answer the bell, if not this year then next year, or the year after that. We will be the Lion Kings of the Mountain!

2. Your brash boldness has rubbed one of the coaches the wrong way, and he has repeatedly challenged you only for you to deny the requests repeatedly going so far as to say "I'll see you in bowl game". As it turns out you will be playing this season. How do you feel about that?
    Yea, I don't know how they got on our schedule. It must be a conspiracy against PSU. We passed on their request to play, and somehow we're playing them in their house. I guess it's us against the world and the NCAA!

3. While you have repeatedly denied one coach any oppurtunity to play you and stirred the pot, you often sing another coaches' praises. Why?
    Without a doubt, before we can rule the nation we must rule our conference. And all roads lead thru Columbus. They have won back-to-back National Championships. So yea, we're looking up at the Buckeyes. You must defeat the King to become the King. The real question is where are the rest of the programs in the nation. They simply bow down to the Buckeyes as they create one of the most prominent runs in history. Last time there was a 3-peat was the Minnesota teams of the 40's. I say no way no how. Not on my watch. College football needs Penn State to be great, cause the rest of these coaches can't get it done. Period!

4. There is a report around that you have guaranteed a win this year in Columbus, despite the fact PSU has only won there once in its storied history. Is this true, and if so how do you plan to do it?
    Great question! Believe me we are working hard to evaluate the Buckeyes to develop the right game-plan to defeat them. The task is tough, but I think we're up for the challenge. I'd say that next year is really our year, but we still plan to get it done this year. We may not win the National Championship or the Big 10 Championship.....But we will beat Ohio State! Period!

5. Do you consider OSU to be a rival? It seems that your season seems to always revolve around the Buckeyes.
    I think I already answered this question. Tell your magazine don't send Junior reporters to my Q&A's. I'm the man at Penn State now. New regime, new culture, new atmosphere. Got it! See questions 3 & 4. No, they're not a rival. Pitt is a rival! Ohio State is just a brick wall in the middle of the road that we gotta run through. Not around, like a Gamecock (a scared chicken), or over, like an agile Lion could do....But thru. You hear me - thru. Listen guy...you're really starting to get under my skin. A rival? Yea right! Who's your rival. Your step dad, your gym teacher, your sister. Next question!

6. How is your team looking this year? What are strengths/weaknesses?
    Offensively, although we should be solid, our QB situation is unsettled. Our O-line has also suffered some major injuries during the offseason, but we should be OK. Senior WR Derrick Moye has also taken a medical redshirt, so we will definitely lack a bit of explosiveness on offense. Defensively, we will also be solid, not spectacular by any means, but solid. Junior linebacker Michael Mauti will lead our defense and he should shine. We should have a good first year in my first year. We will definitely build the foundation for the future. It's gonna be fun!

7. What does your schedule look like this season? Is there anyone you would like to play in the future?
    Wow. I think commissioner Clay is great for college football, but I think someone on his staff is of questionable character. I don't understand how an unranked PSU team plays 7 ranked teams. 7. By far the toughest schedule in the nation. Unranked, we play 7 ranked teams, yet #4 Oregon plays 4 ranked teams, #10 FSU plays 5 ranked teams, and #6 and 2-time defending national champ Ohio State plays 5 ranked opponents. I think the NCAA wants the Buckeyes to make history and 3-peat. I'm not crying or scared, but sometime you gotta question the abilities of the NCAA to fairly govern our sport. I think the NCAA should be investigated. Maybe some back office payments are being made. How in the world are we visiting South Carolina. Didn't Clay and Cocky go to kindergarten together. Makes you wonder!

8. What are your team goals this year?
    #1 Beat Ohio State
    #2 Win the Big 10
    #3 Win a National Championship

9. I know its presumptuous, but who do you think will win the B1G 10? National Title?
    I think we can compete for a Big 10 title, but I see Wisconsin possibly winning it this year.
    Nationally, my preseason pick is Oklahoma over Stanford!

10. Any final thoughts? Comments?
    I hate Steve Spurrier....and all of his disciples. They're not really good coaches. They recruit track teams and simply out run other teams. Coaching wise, Spurrier and all his cronies are mediocre at best. I can't wait until South Carolina visits Happy Valley.....Seriously, I hate Steve Spurrier. He's like a God to Coach Cocky....I hate Coach Cocky!

4. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

5. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Ur last game up clay, we can advance tonight

6. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I'll get mine in tonight when I get home and we will advance tonight..Great job everyone getting your games in so fast, lets keep this up.