10 Burning Questions: South Carolina

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by gwill, Jul 19, 2011.

1. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

It seems only right that since we led off with Penn St and their controversial coach, we interview next the coach that has been the brunt of PSU's controversy: South Carolina's Cocky Marine.

1. I think it goes without saying you have a strong dislike for the coaching staff in Happy Valley. After seasons of them ducking and dodging you finally get to play them. How do you feel about that?

2. You recently held a press conference basically putting the comments and antics of PSU's coach out there for everyone to see. Inquiring minds want to know: Why the conference and what did you hope to gain from it?

3. If you are successful in defeating PSU and their coach, will you consider this matter closed? Should you fail will this feud continue?

4. Hypothetical Situation: You've lost to Penn St in your matchup, but going into the SEC Championship game you are faced with this dilemma; If you win you go to New Orleans and play in the Sugar Bowl. Lose and you play Penn St. in the Outback Bowl. What do you do?

5. You lost Marcus Lattimore for 11 weeks which is a huge loss. How does him being out affect your run game and how does it affect the offense in general?

6. Even though it's early in the year, QB Stephen Garcia has struggled badly. Is a potential QB change on the horizon?

7. What your team goals this year?

8. I think we know the answer to this question, but what game are you most looking forward to? Which is most important?

9. Who is someone on your team we should be on the lookout for?

10. Any final thoughts? Comments?

2. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

It seems only right that since we led off with Penn St and their controversial coach, we interview next the coach that has been the brunt of PSU's controversy: South Carolina's Cocky Marine.

1. I think it goes without saying you have a strong dislike for the coaching staff in Happy Valley. After seasons of them ducking and dodging you finally get to play them. How do you feel about that? It's best to leave my dislike of Penn State's coaching staff to the media. However, I am looking forward to the challenge of Penn coming to South Carolina in a couple weeks.

2. You recently held a press conference basically putting the comments and antics of PSU's coach out there for everyone to see. Inquiring minds want to know: Why the conference and what did you hope to gain from it? The press conference wasn't because I wanted to gain anything from it. It was merely time for me to make a public statement about all the criticism, meaningless statements, and attempt to humiliate my university and program. It was not a retaliation by any means. But I just felt like after everything that has been said about my program here at South Carolina I needed to respond. If Penn State's feelings are hurt from my Press Conference, I do not apologize.

3. If you are successful in defeating PSU and their coach, will you consider this matter closed? Should you fail will this feud continue? If Penn State wins the game I can just assume he will attempt to humiliate my program because of the low class he has. I honestly have never met anyone as arrogant and conceided, with absolutely no class like him. But hey, if thats what gets him through the day good for him. If South Carolina wins then we move on. We will make a statement however, but to the complete opposite of what he'd do. Regardless of who wins the game in 2 weeks, i believe this feud will continue. Too much has already been said.

4. Hypothetical Situation: You've lost to Penn St in your matchup, but going into the SEC Championship game you are faced with this dilemma; If you win you go to New Orleans and play in the Sugar Bowl. Lose and you play Penn St. in the Outback Bowl. What do you do? I know my program and I know they're capable of winning everytime they step on the gridiron. If we lose to Penn State in 2 weeks I would love to see them again. Hopefully Ill have them on our regular season schedule again next season. If we meet them in a bowl game then so be it. Mark my words, we will be in the SEC Championship. And we expect to win it. Our focus right now is on Georgia. They have a pretty good ball club over there in Athens right now. One game at a time.

5. You lost Marcus Lattimore for 11 weeks which is a huge loss. How does him being out affect your run game and how does it affect the offense in general? Well if you look at statistics, we dont play well without Lattimore, yet alone without being able to run the ball at all. However, this is a new year and Kenny Miles is getting his reps in this week during practice and him and 3rd string running back Eric Baker will be ready for the long haul.

6. Even though it's early in the year, QB Stephen Garcia has struggled badly. Is a potential QB change on the horizon? I am not going to stand here and say I havent thought about it. 2nd string Connor Shaw is a good athlete and is a little quicker than Garcia. He's honestly right there with him overall skill. I may go with him against Georgia. We shall see in practice this weeks who wants it more. Stephen knows he's on the hotseat and there are players who would love to have and take his job.
    7. What your team goals this year? Our goals have not changed at all. We are going to the SEC Championship and we're going to win it.

8. I think we know the answer to this question, but what game are you most looking forward to? Which is most important? We look forward to every game, especially SEC play. I know everyone wants me to say Penn State and their program but I honestly am looking forward to winning our first SEC Championship at South Carolina. About Penn State, I am also looking very nicely at that date. The students of South Carolina as well as our beloved fans are mostly looking forward to Penn State. My players however are taking it one game at a time.

9. Who is someone on your team we should be on the lookout for? I have a couple, QB Connor Shaw, WR Ace Sanders, and HB Kenny Miles. They will now be looking on to make more big plays as the season goes on. Expect Kenny Miles to get about 25 touches a game. Connor Shaw may just be the starting QB here soon unless Garcia picks it up significantly.

10. Any final thoughts? Comments? This goes out to The Gamecock Nation...Trust me everyone, South Carolina and our program will be there this year. We are not going to give up. We lose a guy, we move on with whom we have left. We will keep fighting. Carolina to The.