10 Burning Questions

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by gwill, May 24, 2011.

1. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

I thought of a good idea for the league to get know the other members and their team would be to have each week, a coach answer 10 questions about his team and the league. Since this my idea I'll go first.

1. You won the national championship last year and another Big 10 Title, so what are the goals this year?

2. What position do you consider to be your strongest?

3. What position do you consider to be your weakest?

4. What player on your team should we be on lookout for?

5. What game on your schedule do you feel is most important?

6. What team (excluding yours) do you feel is most likely win the national title?

7. How's your recruiting going?

8. What team in the league would like to play in the future?

9. What player on another team do you feel we should be on the lookout for?

10. At the end of day, who do you think will win the National Title?

2. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

1. You won the national championship last year and another Big 10 Title, so what are the goals this year? Our goals are Beat Michigan, 10 win season, Big 10 Title, and to repeat as National Champs.

2. What position do you consider to be your strongest? To me I would say running back. We're lucky enough to have not only one good running back, but two. They complement each other very well and they're both dynamic.

3. What position do you consider to be your weakest? At this point I say defensive tackle. We're very thin at the position, so its top priority in recruiting.

4. What player on your team should we be on lookout for? On offense I would say HB Chris Garcia. Last Season when Greg went down, Chris picked up the slack, and the run game didnt miss a beat. If we do our jobs, we could have two 1000 yard backs.

5. What game on your schedule do you feel is most important? The most important game on our schedule is the one we play that week.

6. What team (excluding yours) do you feel is most likely win the national title? Conventional wisdom would say Notre Dame, but I'm taking the Clemson Tigers. They played for the title two years ago, and contended last year. I think they're a team to watch for.

7. How's your recruiting going? Its early. We have 17 schollies to work with, and we're going to bring guys that want to be Buckeyes. We're going to win w/Ohio talent first then branch out.

8. What team in the league would like to play in the future? I would like to play Notre Dame. A deal to play them this year was in the works, but their schedule was full.

9. What player on another team do you feel we should be on the lookout for? Wide Receiver Sammy Watkins. He won the Heisman last year and is looking to repeat. He's an impact player I look forward seeing this year.

10. At the end of day, who do you think will win the National Title? If everything goes well I see Ohio State repeating as champs.

3. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Nice Content Gwill.

4. BigKing

1. You won the Big East Title last year, so what are the goals this year?
    Another Big East title, Top Ten Season, and a Major Bowl. Apparently now rebounding from another 0-2 start.

2. What position do you consider to be your strongest?​
    Wide receiver, three seniors that had great production last year along, along with many capable under classmen.

3. What position do you consider to be your weakest?​
    Cornerback, top two graduated last year. Not much quantity or quality.

4. What player on your team should we be on lookout for?​
    Senior wideout Brian Mason, should be appearing in the Heisman race shortly.

5. What game on your schedule do you feel is most important?​
    After losing the first two user games of the season, it has to be the final one against Notre Dame

6. What team (excluding yours) do you feel is most likely win the national title?​
    I'm going out on a limb and going to say Clemson. I believe Clay is due to win his bowl game.

7. How's your recruiting going?​
    Interest in Pitt is the highest it's been since I've taken over, that said we have a way to go. I'd like to finish in the upper half of user reruiting.

8. What team in the league would like to play in the future?​
    Navy after reading some one the comments from their coach.

9. What player on another team do you feel we should be on the lookout for?​
    Sammy Watkins, no doubt. Unfortunately I watched him have another huge game against the Panther's struggling secondary.

10. At the end of day, who do you think will win the National Title?​
    Again, Clemson. Now the jinx is in.

5. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

1. You weren't good last year, so what are the goals this year?
    Well originally we wanted to make a bowl game. At 2-0 I think we can definitely make some noise and hopefully get into the top-25

Our offensive line has a lot of depth. And that's a great place to have depth in. It's great to have a strong base for the offense.

So far, our team has played great as a whole. That being said, we really need someone to step up as a quality number 2 receiver.

Wide receiver Matt Stone. He's set the Navy record for career TD receptions, and the Navy receiving records will basically be written by him at the end of this year. Heisman anyone?

They're all important and tough. 1st we want to get through Temple, but if you've read the newspaper lately, you'll see a lot of talk between us and Pitt.

6. What team (excluding yours) do you feel is most likely win the national title?
    Besides us? Just kidding. Notre Dame has a great team this season. They might do a lot.

Oh boy, something I want to talk about. We've signed 3 players so far. We have a lot of quality player looking at Navy. It's great to see these kids having interest in more than just football.

Well our guys want to play Army, but Army backed down this year. Haha Clay. But we'll play anyone. Schedule us with Ohio State next year. At the 'Shoe, we don't care.

I don't really pay attention to others unless we pay them. Notre Dame's got a good defense and QB.

10. At the end of day, who do you think will win the National Title?​
    Notre Dame

6. BigKing

I guess it will have to wait till next year.

7. jtthirtyfour

jtthirtyfour Walk On

1. You won the national championship last year and another Big 10 Title, so what are the goals this year?

I didn't, and we weren't that good last year...goals this year are a winning season, bowl victory, and another win over USC

The WR corps is pretty deep with some experienced upperclassmen returning.

The defense is weak as we lost 10 starters from last season (only our FS returns).

Bryan Bower the sophomore QB came off the bench to earn a starting job as a freshman and still has the job. If he and the offense can do a better job of preventing turnovers we will have a good year.

USC, not just for bragging rights but also local recruiting battles and to show that we belong among the top teams in the Pac-10.

Ohio State as they were there last year.

No commits yet but there are some talented players that are starting to lean towards coming to Westwood.

We'll play anyone

So far the best player we've played this season was the WR from Navy who had a big game against us.

10. At the end of day, who do you think will win the National Title?

see question 6?