#10 Ohio State @ #2 Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jul 31, 2012.

?

Who will win today's game?

Poll closed Aug 1, 2012.
  1. #10 Ohio State

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. #2 Wisconsin

100.0%
  1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The Big Ten Leaders Division, the national title and the Heisman Trophy will all be on the line today as Ohio State travels to Madison to take on the undefeated Wisconsin Badgers.

Coming off a bye week, Ohio State enters a grueling two-week stretch that will decide the fate of their season. A win over Wisconsin will keep Ohio State alive in the Big 10, needing only a win against Michigan the following week to secure a spot in the Big Ten title game. They would likely face the very same Michigan team in Indiapolis two weeks later. Though they have plenty of ground to make up, a win over Wisconsin and two over Michigan could launch OSU up the polls and into the national title game. However, head coach Urban Meyer says he and his team aren't concerning themselves with theories and rankings.

"The rankings, that's out of our control. What we can control is winning. But we aren't looking ahead and saying, wow if we win these games and these other teams lose... no we are focusing on the task at hand, and this week it's Wisconsin."

A good approach considering that this will be OSU's toughest test to date. The Badgers have had few close games on route to a 10-0 start, and would lock up the Leaders Division with a win today. Ranked #2 in the polls, the Badgers control their own destiny; If they win out, they will be playing for a national championship.

Wisconsin is led by senior tailback Monte Ball who has had an impressive season, though he hasn't lived up to his preseason Heisman hype. Ball will look to prove that he is still amongst the nation's elite today while running against the Big Ten's best defense. Ohio State's defense will look to prove that their defensive line is as good as advertised. Something's got to give.

Ohio State is led offensively by sophomore quarterback Braxton Miller, who has come on as a Heisman frontrunner in recent weeks. Miller's numbers don't jump off the page like RG III, Newton and Tebow's did, but he has been remarkably effecient as a passer while dazzling defedners as a runner. A big game today will only cement his position as the leader in the race for college football's most coveted award.

-------------------------------------

Who you picking today? What do you think of Miller's Heisman candidacy?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

3. Ben

Ben Walk On

This game is to hard to call. Both you guys have solid offenses, not sure about your defenses. I can see this game coming down to a last second FG to win it.

As for Braxton Miller, I don't think he will win the Heisman. He's only a sophomore so I think for that reason alone he comes up short. I also think that EJ Manuel has been a better QB this year. Maybe Miller will win it next season. Tebow is the exception to the sophomore winning it, but I honestly don't think Miller has had that kind of year. Maybe I'm wrong, but we'll find out soon enough.

Good luck in todays game. May the best team win.

4. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

EJ Manual would be running away with it, but he has thrown 20+ INT's. You can't do that and win the Heisman. Braxton has 32 total TD's (very solid) and only 6 INT's. I think it would be well deserved if he won, assuming he has big games in wins against Wisky/Michigan.

5. Ben

Ben Walk On

Yea that'll be the key. You'll have to win both those games and Miller will have to be practically the main reason for the win.

6. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

You had to go there didn't you? Revenge will be utterly sweet.

• Like Like x 2
  7. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

IF the Wisconsin running game comes out from the get go and controls the game on the ground then the Badgers win. IF Miller and Ohio State defense plays light out then the Buckeyes win. Two very good teams with more than a win at stake. Wisconsin wins out they are in the BCS Championship game. Ohio State wins its last two games then they are in the BIG Ten Title Game and Miller might win the Heisman. A huge game and i wish you two the best of luck.