104.9 "The Howl" Part One

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ThePaw, Sep 24, 2010.

1. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

104.9 "The Howl" Part One

Hey guys, this will be something I do 3 times during the season. One at the beginning, mid-season, and after bowl games. This is a fictional radio station. I haven't seen this done so I thought it would be pretty cool.

[​IMG]

Mickie Plyler: Welcome everybody to another day of "The Howl". I'm your host Mickie Plyler, and today we have a special guest with us today. Coach Paw will be joining us shortly. Now everybody knows college football is about to start up again, and thank God. I don't think I could watch another Braves game even if someone put a gun to my head and said "Watch the braves game". As you all know i'm a huge football fan, and i'm still wondering how the hell Cal pulled of it's miracle season last year. I mean beating the buckeyes? Really? Anyways, word on the street is that the Cal coach was hit with major sanctions and probably will not be coaching division one-a football any longer. Let's open up the phone lines.

TarheelJim: SUPPPPPPPP MICKIEEEEEEEEEE? DAMN SURE GLAD THAT FOOTBALL SEASON IS STARTING UP.

MP: Wait wait wait wait, you're a North Carolina fan. Shouldn't you be excited for basketball?

TarheelJim: Anyways. Mickey, wha' ya' think about mah Tarheel's chances of an ACC Championship this year?

MP: I think you have a good chance Jim. I mean seriously, who does the ACC have? I mean I guess I can see Virginia Tech coming back this year to make a run for it. One team I don't think has any chance is Virginia. Coach Cimmy left the Cavs after one year, and one orange bowl victory and went to the University of South Carolina. Ouch. Although they do have now Sophmore Phenom Dom Wallace. I just don't see them making another run for it. NC State has a good chance I believe as well. In the end I think it's either NC State, North Carolina, or VT. Clemson could be a darkhorse as well.

*more calls go bye (too lazy)*

MP: And now Coach Paw, head coach of the NC State football team, will be joining to share his insight on this years team. Thanks for joining us Paw.

Paw: It's all good, thanks for having me on here. By the way Tarheel Jim, your chances are about zero.

MP: Ouch, cheap shot at the rivals. Anyways, congratulations on your chic-fil-a bowl win over Miss. State last year. It must have been nice to get a win for the ACC against a SEC team last year, ehh?

Paw: It was absolutely a great win for our program and for our conference...but it was absolutely a disappointing win. We pretty much breezed through the season last year and was trying to get into the National Championship picture. Some people thought we overlooked Virginia, but we didn't. Trust me, me and my assistants worked these boys hard. We just didn't have an answer for Dominique Wallace. That kid is tough.

MP: I completely agree with you. Anyways how did your recruiting class turn out last year?

Paw: I like the kids I brought it, there's some talent there. I'm not impressed with our new kicker though. Not throwing him under the bus, but I doubt he could hang himself because he would fail trying to kick the chair out from under himself.

MP: Ouch Coach, harsh words. I'm assuming that we should be worried about the special teams this year then?

Paw: Very much so. You might also want to worry about the defense. Losing Nate Irving and 2 starters on the defensive line is going to hurt. In scrimmages we can barely get pressure on our SECOND TEAMers. It's pathetic. I know I don't sound optimistic, but hopefully our boys can pull through.

MP: I've never heard of a Coach who publicly trashes his players like you Paw, but if that's your style it's your style. It seems to work. Next question though, I noticed you didn't talk about the offense in your little tirad. Are you expecting good things? How did you convince Russell Wilson to come back? And how do you see the new reciving core shaping up?

Paw: I didn't have to convince Russell. He was dead set on returning this year. Actually, I didn't have to try to convince anyone. Everyone on this team is determined to win a ACC Championship this year. I heard from a fellow colleague up in Washington that they were having players tripping over their heels to leave(just playing bigtubb_). Thankfully, everyone who could come back came back. To get to your other questions, yes. I am expecting good things from our offense. Russell Wilson lead the NCAA in passing yards last season, and RB Curtis Underwood was 6th in the nation in running the ball. I don't think you can be anything but optimistic about the offensive output this team is capable of producing. About the WR's, yeah it hurts. We lost two amazing receivers due to graduation in Williams, Owen Spencer, and surprise breakout Darell Davis. Those three were HUGE when we needed them to step up. TJ Graham is taking over the number one spot after barely getting any catches last year so far down on the depth chart. I think everyone is going to be impressed with new #2 receiver Steven Howard. He's looked excellent in the spring this year.

MP: That's DEFINITELY encouraging to hear after the doom and gloom of the defensive side of the ball. Just a few more questions though, who do you see winning the ACC this year?

Paw: We do if our defense can hold them to a few stops a game. Also, Virginia is a non-factor this year.

MP: Speaking of Virginia and Coach Cimmy, do you look out for any particular programs throughout the season? Do you scoreboard watch?

Paw: I definitely do. I'll be watching Coach Cimmy as he tries to bring South Carolina out of the slumps in the SEC even though the went to the SEC Championship last year. My prediction is that he wins the conference this year. I'll be looking out for Arizona this year, as I know the new head coach from when he was the offensive coordinator for Colorado. Look for them boys to put up a lot of points this season. Got to look out for Arkansas as well. I love watching Mallet play. He's almost as good as Russell Wilson, and they have a new coach this season as well in bdub. Couple more are Coach Slim at Baylor. I see them making a bowl game this year. Coach Distrikt at Louisville. Damn who would have thought that they would have went undefeated last year? What a turnaround. I believe Cimmy and Distrikt play sometime this season. Coach Dean and Michigan State. Dean is a top notch coach, and is really taking the Spartans to new places. Of course coach quiet at Northwestern. When we went down to NW last year to play they treated us with nothing but amazing hospitality. Then you have bigtubb_ at Washington. Can he win without Locker? That's the big question mark that's on everyone's mind this season. I think he can, and i'm looking for him to go to the Rose Bowl this year. Don't let me down, and of course Capp at USF. He's a great coach who should be seeing his first bowl game this year.

MP: Thanks for giving us the life story coach, and with that we're all out of time. Thanks Paw for checking in with us. I believe you're going to be back on the air sometime in the middle of the season?

Paw: I'm going to try my best. That is if I don't have a heart attack with this defense first. Thanks for having me on. It's been a blast.

MP: That's it for "The Howl" on 104.9. Next up is Road Rage with Walt Deptula, be sure to check in tomorrow when I discuss what a moron Wade Philips is. Standbye for the station identity check

2. titangator

titangator Walk On

Very cool man, very cool. Look forward to the mid season report..

3. ThePaw

Thanks for the comment man.

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

You better pay attention to me....

5. titangator

titangator Walk On

when is segment 2?

6. ThePaw

around week 6-7 I suppose.

7. ThePaw

I mean, I enjoy doing content (see my recruiting updates for BCS Chaos http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37914), but everytime I do something for RtG I get very very little feedback. I know this isn't the coolest thing out there, and it's pretty poorly written in hindsight but this thread was posted around 2 weeks before you even came titan, and you were the first response. It sorta makes it so I rather do it for other OD's where I get some feedback. I will complete this series though.