#11 Michigan St @ #13 Pitt

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Colemanchu, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

#11 Michigan St @ #13 Pitt

Michigan State escapes with a game winning field goal as time expires to defeat the Pitt Panthers 31-28.

Ryno's playcalling on offense and defense had me guessing early in this game and if not for a few dropped interceptions by his team this one could've been ugly early. Dion Lewis and Jonathan Baldwin were basically moving the ball at will and Ryno was using the playaction pass better than anyone I've played in recent memory.

I was able to finally get into a rythm on offense half way through the third and was moving the ball well from there on out. We continued to struggle on defense, but were able to get two huge stops late to give ourselves a chance.

The first came on a 3rd and 4 with Pitt controlling the ball just before mid field. They came out four wide shotgun and had us eating shit when the draw play was called. Luckily for us sophmore defensive end Will Gholston was able to force the left tackle into the backfield and Lewis got caught up on his own blocker long enough for the rest of our defense to make the tackle.

The second stop came with a minute left after we called our first time out with Pitt controlling the ball at mid field with 4th and two staring them in the face. The Panthers decided to go for it and came out in the wild cat for the first time in the game. The halfback faked the jet sweep and looked to go offtackle for an easy first down, unfortunately for the home crowd though the play took too long to develop and our flat defender came in last moment and completed a form tackle for the stop.

After a couple 10-25 yard completions we were well withing in field goal range and ran the ball and clock down to two seconds. The Panthers chose to ice the kicker, a tactic that worked late in the first half, but the Spartans kicker was too close and centered in the field to miss this one.

The Spartans improve to 2-0 on the season while Pitt falls to 0-2.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

DAMN... tough loss for Ryno. Great win by you guys, but Jeff needs to get a break here eventually... alright back to work for me.

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Tough start for such a talented team like Pitt....0-2 can still be recovered from.

Got some tough games left on the schedule also.

Nice win Cole.

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Keep reppin' those MSU boys Cole, atta boy.

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

wow a thriller....nice win cole...Ryno never catches a break

6. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

if only Ryno's 99 overall HB and crazy WRs could play defense ...

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I think ryno scheduled the top 10 for all his games.