11 Teenagers to Build Your Club Around

Discussion in 'Tradition Soccer' started by I Peench, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Martial.JPG
    Anthony Martial is a burgeoning star out of France

Perhaps you just started a new manager mode or have been kicking the idea around. The Global Scouting Network will be your friend - but for those less inclined to spend a significant amount of time scouring the planet for young talent, here is a list of 11 teenagers that can, under the right tutelage, blossom into stars on the pitch.

ST Anthony Martial
    Nationality: France
    League: Ligue 1
    Club: AS Monaco

Anthony Martial grows to be, in my opinion, the single most dominating force of anyone on this list. He isn’t all that tall, but his combination of pace, strength, and finishing ability make him an absolute lethal target man. Not only can he play effectively with his back to goal, but he develops an incredibly powerful an accurate shot. If you’re going to buy, do so while he’s still young, as it won’t be long before he’s going for 30 million in the transfer market.

LW Adnan Januzaj
    Nationality: Belgium
    League: Barclay’s PL
    Club: Manchester United

Perhaps the most well-known name on this list, Januzaj is a phenomenal young talent from Belgium. He’s an absolute workhorse with 99 stamina, but, depending on the system, you might want someone a bit more pacey. Januzaj is very technical and grows into a player that can create separation on the flank with his dribbling ability and serve excellent balls into the box.

CAM Maximilian Meyer
    Nationality: Germany
    League: Bundesliga
    Club: Schalke 04

Meyer.JPG
    Meyer is the next man up in a long list of German 10s

Meyer has fantastic dribbling ability, and grows into a great distributor of the ball. He won’t wow you with his pace or size, but he’s a classic #10. Reminds me of a young Mesut Ozil. Keep in mind, he’s the reason Schalke moved Draxler outside.

CM Pierre-Emile Højbjerg
    Club: FC Bayern

Just an overall excellent central midfielder, Højbjerg can be deployed both in an attacking role, or defensive role. He has size, strength, and passing prowess. His long shot develops really well, as does his free kick ability.

RW Zakaria Bakkali
    League: Eredivisie
    Club: PSV Eindhoven

bakalli.JPG
    Bakkali has the pace and dribbling ability to make defenders look like fools.

At just 16 years old, Bakkali is a flat out stud, and could grow into one of the best players in the world. While diminutive in stature, he can flat out fly. His weak foot is 4*, so he can be utilized on both sides. He is excellent with the ball at his feet, and can become a lethal goal-scorer, cutting across the field with his pace and utilizing a good finishing rating.

CDM Geoffrey Kondogbia
    Nationality: France
    League: Ligue 1
    Club: AS Monaco

Kongdobia.JPG
    A marauding force in the midfield, Kondogbia could be scary good

Kondogbia is a force in the central midfield – tall, strong, and relatively pacey, he is excellent in the air and on standing tackles.While his distribution skills will need to develop a bit, he is a physical presence that can simply take over a game.

LB Luke Shaw
    Nationality: England
    League: Braclay’s PL
    Club: Southampton

Luke Shaw.JPG
    As complete a left back as you'll find

Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott, and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain – all products of an excellent Southampton youth system. Shaw looks to be the next in line out of said system, as the pacey outside back is a tremendous talent with pace and tackling ability. If you like to get your backs up the flank and overlap the midfielders, this is your man. His crossing ability is exceptional for his age.

CB Jonathon Tah
    Nationality: Germany
    Club: Hamburger SV

While he doesn’t have the fleetest of feet on the list, the hulking Tah has excellent size and strength at CB. Couple that with his ability in the air, and he’s an ideal CB moving forward. Tah doesn’t take all that long to develop, and could be ready for first team action in just two seasons if developedcorrectly.

CB Tin Jedvaj
    Nationality: Croatia
    League: Serie A
    Club: AS Roma

Jedvaj has a bit more pace than Tah, but is a good bit weaker. He does have nice size, and is also fantastic in the air. Jedvaj is an advanced tackler for his age, and starts out with a pretty good marking rating.

RB Héctor Bellerín Moruno
    Nationality: Spain
    League: Barclay’s PL
    Club: Arsenal (on loan to Watford)

Admittedly, Bellerin takes a while to develop. There really aren’t many emerging talents at right back, and Bellerin has all the potential in the world. If you’re patient with him and give him game experience (via loan or on your 1st team), he will ascend into a very suitable option.

GK Luca Lezzerini
    Nationality: Italy
    League: Serie A
    Club: AC Florenz

Lezzerini has a long way to go, but has a good frame and solid reactions for a young goalkeeper. It takes several seasons, but he becomes a very, very good option in goal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you have it - my 11 teenagers to build your club around. Disagree or agree with any of the players mentioned? Let me know! Now is as good a time as ever to fire up a new manager mode file, and I look forward to hearing about them all!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    • Like Like x 11
  2. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

andddddd I'm immediately starting a new Manager Mode. Thanks Peench! I'll update with some of these guys once I get a hold of them.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Pfft, just start with Monaco it looks like- you'll be set!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Good stuff I Peench! Quick question, did you mean Gareth Bale instead of Christian Bale in the Luke Shaw tidbit? :)

5. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Awesome haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.