'12 Setup Proposal

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -4-, Jul 3, 2011.

1. -4-

-4- Walk On

Being that this is a democracy, based off of votes this is what we will be doing. I like this, I know a few of you like 4 in three conferences better but votes are with this, and I like Users a little more spread out anyways.

-4 conferences consisting of three Users Each
    -the four conferences we will be using will be the PAC-12, Big Ten (12), ACC, and SEC.
    -All 6-star programs will be off limits.
    -Coaching Carousel will not be on. If you wish to change teams you must proposition the commissioner with supportive reasoning.
    -The User in each conference who has the weakest program will be put into their own division, while the two stronger ones will be in the same division, being that I think it will be harder for the weakest of the three to make the conference title game against tough CPU competition.
    -However, I will protect all user teams as rivalries so that cross-divisional games will take place every year no matter what. So it's still a round robin so-to-speak.

Rough Draft Based off of User preferences... (the others I haven't heard from yet)

Big 10 (12)
    1. Michigan State
    2. Notre Dame (either added to big 10 or replacing a weak team. Or could move to PAC-12 if issues filling conference.) (Nautica)

ACC
    1. Virginia Tech (quick)
    2. Florida State (kinqskid)
    3. Clemson or Miami (JagNation)

SEC
    1. Tennessee (joshwitt)
    2. Arkansas (-Balla-)
    3. Georgia (edge)

PAC-10
    1. UCLA (outspoknpoet)

If there are no conflicts in team selection, we will not need to do a draft.

2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

-4- with this type of setup you could just leave ND as an independent, also I would want to make sure ND's roster is correct before taking them. There are a lot of problems with the way they are if they are just named.

3. -4-

-4- Walk On

Yeah that'd be fine with me. That was just a rough draft of teams. I'm sure all of those teams won't be who everyone ends up being.

4. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I have no problem taking ND, I just want to make sure that the roster is correct before we start. Gray is missing off of the team, along with about 3 LB's and Louis Nix is SEVERLY under-rated for being one of the most highly sought after NT during his recruitment.

5. bhenry37

bhenry37 Walk On

As far as teams go I am leaning toward stanford, Nebraska or northwestern. Although northwestern would be pretty tough but I really liked them as a kid when they were a little better.

6. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

they have persa who is a pretty damn good qb. at least they will be half way decent in year 1.

7. -4-

-4- Walk On

Yeah NW isn't bad at all. They're not a powerhouse as a three-star team, but they actually have a lot of talent. Persa tore us up last year.

Their ratings are B+ B+ B, so not bad at all. As long as it is you recruiting you would be alright. Taking over for the cpu after a few years wouldn't be a good idea though :).

8. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

-4- the conference setup looks really nice.. I have no complaints! Great job

9. joshwitt

joshwitt Walk On

Looks great to me - very excited to play with my alma mater without having to worry about instantly being behind the 8 ball with teams like USC/LSU/Ohio State.

10. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

looks good to me

11. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

Looks good to me! Out of Clemson or Miami I would rather roll with Miami. Ready to get it started!

12. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

Edge is so lucky! With that killer class that UGA just signed, hes gonna have a heck of a team!

13. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

woooooooo pig sooie.......wooooooooooo pig soooie..............woooooooooooo piggggg sooooooooooiiiiieeeeeeee. RAZORBACKS!!

14. -4-

-4- Walk On

Honestly, I'd have no problems with you as Florida. But, they are a 6-star team so it'd have to be approved by everyone else. Also, there are three people in the SEC already. I just gave everyone their highest preferred team that was allowed. It doesn't matter to me if anyone actually goes with said team.

The only teams I don't care to see are OSU, LSU, Alabama, Oregon, Oklahoma, USC and Texas. Teams like Auburn are really borderline 6-stars to me. Florida has that hotbed, but you'd have to build a little.

15. Outspoknpoet

Outspoknpoet Shock and Awesome

Totally digging the idea of rockin with UCLA right now.

Just curious, are we going into this as head coaches or as Coordinators?
    I was under the impression it would be has Head Coach, but I am cool either way.

16. -4-

-4- Walk On

Yeah, head coaches. No CC.

17. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

Its all good! Ill stick with Miami. But thanks for the offer!

18. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Clemson is stacked man, I would think long and hard about this

19. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

Good point Nautica... We are waiting a few days after '12 drops to start up again, right? Once it drops I will practice with both teams and let ya know!

I was a little hesitant about goin with Clemson because of their offense. But I guess I could change that! Im more of a slow it down and pound the rock type guy! Lol

20. Outspoknpoet

If we are still looking at possible changes to rosters, I might make a few as well for my UCLA Team

Change #1 - Brett Hundley. QB UCLA (Freshman) - Link to ESPN Coverage of this guy...

Cliff Notes

My Take - Why does he only have 67 speed if he is supposed to be like Donovan McNabb?

My Take - THP (83) and THA (76) might be slightly too low, assuming this game gives some sort of true development to skill areas such as THA, while THP doesn't really need to make that drastic of a jump over a career - McNabb can heave the ball about 65-70 yards. (Anyone remember the throw to Freddie Mitchell vs. Dallas on MNF?)

More to come.

21. Outspoknpoet

Wow... nearly 24 hours and no one has posted anything new?

22. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I have been thinking and I am going to be using ND in my offline dynasty and don't think I want to use them in an OD.

That being said, the only other team I would really want to be with this type of league setup would be Penn St., so IDK what to do now.

23. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

Either team is a good choice!

24. -4-

-4- Walk On

Well... PSU is a six-star team. They are one of those borderline teams though so if everyone is OK with it I am.

25. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

He can start with Penn.....just not Penn State. :)