12th Man Fantasy Football

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by PepperNY, Jul 31, 2012.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I know we have put together a fantasy football league the last few years and figured I'd see where we stand with that this year. If no one else wants to head this up I will volunteer to set it up. I'm also not opposed to throwing some money down to make it more interesting. Thoughts? suggestions?

I'm thinking a 10-12 team league on ESPN. Just hate yahoo for fantasy leagues.

• Like Like x 1
  2. pittrocks43

pittrocks43 TMFL Steelers

3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I'll jump in...Even though, personally, I think Yahoo is much more accurate in scoring and point set ups. Be willing to throw a couple bucks in the pot too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

Im in and it would be great if it was a 12 team league with atleast $25-$50 thrown down!

5. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

Id like CBS or NFL.com whichever is more customisable.

6. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Id be in if it's on ESPN.

Yahoo FF sucks. (just my opinion)

• Like Like x 1
  7. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Ok after browsing around it looks like ESPN will be our best option. We can make this a keeper league and keep our history as well as custom scoring rules. I just need to know who is interested. Looking at a possible draft date of Saturday September 1st at 8p EST. If that doesnt work for everyone we can move the date back a week but we have plenty of time to work out the details. Ideally I'd like each owner to commit to throwing down $20 for their team to make things interesting. If thats to much we can scale it back or just make this a free league. The other option is do we want to make this a traditional Snake Draft or do we want an Auction Draft. I will have to say I was opposed to an Auction Draft until I tried it myself and it was alot of fun and have to give PAgamer07 props for introducing me to that. Not sure if Snake is better for baseball then football but maybe PA can chime in with his thoughts. I would say try out a few auction drafts on espn to see for yourself. Dont be like me and spend all your money on 3 players and have to fill out the rest of your roster on scrubs at $1 a person lol.

So far I have the following confirmed:

PepperNY
    pittrocks43
    Scikotic
    Juan Valencia
    ThaBayouChef
    CHUNKNESS
    Jaged
    LtJustice

Need at least 5 more guys but ideally would like to get us to 12.

You guys interested?

Hulk_hagen_55
    redlishus

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  8. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I've never done an Auction draft, always Snake. In an Auction draft does pick 1 overall get the 1st pick in every round?? If so, I'm definitely voting against that. Lol...Date wise I'll be out of town that weekend. But the start of the season is the following Wednesday. So if anything we would have to move up the date to the previous Sat., not push it back.

9. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

I'm down if you need to fill a spot....I've never done an auction draft either but I'm down for whatever.

• Like Like x 1
  10. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I meant move it up a week not back a week. As for auction drafts it doesn't matter whose pick it is, they only select which player is on the clock and then everyone bids on that player. Highest bid wins but you have to be careful to not bid too crazy so that you have enough money to put a decent team together.

In the baseball league I'm in I won Longoria,Halladay, Hamilton, and Texiara for nearly $40 each when we all had $260 to spend. Obviously you can do the math and tell I didn't have much left to put together the rest of my team so I had to take some scrubs for $1 to fill my team. Hope this explains it some. For the record I am ok with snake draft if that's what the majority wants

11. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I should be around that weekend, Rob. All depends on what time the draft is as to whether or not I can participate. I have no preference on the type of draft. However, I prefer no money involvement; but that's me.

12. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

If it ends up not being a money league, I would definitely be down.

If you do decide to do money, that's cool with me, I just won't be participating. :)

13. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

14. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

naw i'm out, i'm in a few others with some friends

15. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

As far as the money thing goes it was just an option and I see alot of people dont like that so it will be a Friendly fun free league. Looking like the Draft will take place Sept 1st around 8p est. I am flexible on a time so if you guys want to make it earlier in the day or later that night we can make it happen. I'm also not opposed to making it Sept 2nd on Sunday if that works better

16. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

Im flexible also, I would like it to be a money league but like Pepper said it doesnt have to be one but usually when people put money down it turns out for a better league as they more prone to actually staying active.

Rob do you know what the breakdown would be for 1st,2nd,3rd place?

17. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

we have 1 spot left for our Fantasy league. Draft is Sat night 9p est September 1st. If you are interested let me know

18. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

:rolleyes: :5stars: Come on people! ITS FREE! AND ITS FUN! JOIN IN FOR THE LAST SPOT!:5stars::mad:
    :trophy:

19. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

• Like Like x 1
  20. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

lets put like $10 on the season...or $20 to make it interesting?

21. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

if you guys do money, i'd recommend leaguesafe.com. I use it for a couple leagues and it makes it easy to collect/dish out money, as opposed to people sending checks or what not

• Like Like x 1
  22. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

I'm up for doing another one with the guys that would like to put money where their mouth is.

• Like Like x 1
  23. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

CHUNK'S PUNKS are good to go!

• Like Like x 1
  24. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Money makes it even more fun for sundays

25. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

need you to accept the invite ASAP. Your the last 1 and draft is this Saturday.