#14 Clemson @ #2 FSU

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Colemanchu, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

#14 Clemson @ #2 FSU

The Clemson players went into Doak Walker today without their starting quarterback and running back to face the undefeated Seminoles. With thoughts of a title running throughout the stadium, the Noles struck early on their first possesion as Langford hit his receiver Johnson over the middle. Johnson was able to bounce of the hit of freshman safety Carroll and take it to the house 68 yards.

Unfortunately for the fans in Tallahasee this would be the end of the day for the Noles. Clemsons offense took the field ready to play and moved the ball at will scoring the final 31 points on the day. Junior quarterback James Thomas filled in well for Parham, going 25-32 for 305 yds, 2 td's, and no int's. The same could be said for Cody Smith who took over the starting job for the injured Desmond Miller, Smith carried the ball 20 times for 120 yards and a touchdown.

On defense the Tigers were flying to the ball and letting Florida States player know it when they got there. The safety combo of Lumpkin and Carroll put doubt into the receivers heads as they laid the wood to any receiver catching the ball in front of them. Freshman defensive end Sean Davis added the heat on the quarterback with 3 sacks on the day.

Though happy with the 31-7 win the tigers look to put a dissapointing season behind them as they move forward toward a bowl game. The question is who will be starting in the backfield as players heal and are ready to play again.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Big win for Climpsun, what was the final tally? 31-7?

Tough loss Ambastid

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah 31-7. I had to dodge the 0'fer in user games.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

It's weird how so much depends on how the team plays I bet they were flat. Sometimes it's really hard not to get blown out when a team comes out on fire and yours is just blah. I think it's quite realistic that way. Last year on the way to the title it's like I got at least a "typical" effort every single time and my team was on fire for the last 2-3 user games.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah I caught some breaks but also I missed some opportunities that could have blown it open. I was just focused from the first play of the game and it really help cut down on my mistakes. Throw in one random fumble or one of those passes where parham air mails it and its a different story. My backup thomas has been playing well all year though and actually thought of benching parham but couldn't do it, luckly Duke did it for me.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah Parham is very similar to that Booker kid I landed, I can't really see him kicking ass for me with his ratings the way they are. HORRIBLE AWR (which I think matters) and no accuracy...

7. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Nice win for the Tigers. Helli I agree with you on the 'Any Given Saturday' point. I felt that way in my game this year against the 'Noles. First kickoff--FSU takes it the crib. My first play after that--QB fumbles, FSU takes it to the house. I'm down 14-0 in the first 18 seconds. Played OK after that, but still had to scratch and claw just to make it close.

FSU has still had a great season and has alot to play for with the ACC Championship coming up.

8. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Cole, I'm sure this will go up on the Clemson Bulletin Board for next year, but I've seen Parham make some horrible-ass-throws at times! LOL. But I guess that's the trade off for having such an animal athletically.

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Another one bites the dust in the ACC. Vtech has all the pressure to muster up another title chance for the red headed step children of Tradition 1.

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah I've been fighting over wether Parham was worth the risk. The guy has the size, the ability, and the arm to get me out of any situation. At the same time though he will just air mail about 2-3 balls a game with no explanation why, and in user games those turn into turnovers. Turnovers equal extra possesion for the opponent, which means I have to count on the AI to put my defensive pplayers in position to stop the offense. It's a bad situation since it's a lot easier for the offense to read the D before the snap than the other way around.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    wow good win Cole

trust me, awareness matters...it's crazy..i think it affects the oline and of course the passing game.

12. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

The team definately was flat. I dont think it was the playcalling, so much as the playmaking. I didnt turn the ball over, but at the same time wasnt able to generate a running game. Those quick three and outs, to me, are akin to a turnover in and of themselves.

Cole took advantage of most every opportunity given, while for the first time in a user game this season my guys didnt play above their capabilities. A B offense without having luck slash plays made going up against a stellar defense with two dominant safeties who wont let you catch anything deep = a 7 point outing.

I feel good though, awkwardly enough. There has not been one single user game since Ive been in the dynasty in which Ive had the upper hand talent wise. While playing against somewhat of a stacked deck I got into the ACC championship game this season, so hopefully I can return the favor done to me and ruin JMS season...no malice intended of course :D