'14 Demo Impressions

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by ClayRocks, Jun 19, 2013.

1. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

My first impression of the demo from last nights game was that I'm glad they didn't change the controls first of all. I liked the way big hits looked but didn't hear the sound of the hits like I thought I should. Stopped a guy cold on the 1 yard line with a massive hit and nothing. No sound of the pads hitting or anything. It was weird.

Other than that, I thought it played and looked really good.

What did you guys think? C Young Raidernation tar heel BigKing
    jonskinny12

2. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Video coming soon, as for my first impression i like the additions but i can do without the gimmicky option BS, I predickt everyone will be an option zombie. The shovel option is nice tho;)
    I played on slow with 0 spd threshold and it was very realistic. Over-pursued and every time I payed the price. Blocking was upgraded and the inside run is quality, this will be a good year for NCAA football

3. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I noticed the improved run blocking as well, for me and the AI.

4. Raidernation

Indeed, the moves at our disposal coupled with the blocking will make for some tough fought games. I forgot to mention my biggest like is the fact that when you user a defender he will stand still as apposed to moving in the direction of the play called, last year if a safety was in a deep zone he would take a step back as the ball was snapped this year we have full control, IMO it make a huge difference.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Raidernation

Demo video is here

• Like Like x 1
  6. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

Hey guys. :)

Usually I play the demo a bunch right when it's released and then I get too anxious for the full game. So this year, I didn't even download it for a couple days and I've only played it once. My impressions were that it's a good game. I'm a sucker for stats and have been calling for the post-play stats above the score overlay for a player involved in the play for years now. I have no idea why it took this long, but needless to say I was excited about it. The new physics seemed good, but it's so hard to have much of an impression on the details after one game.

I played as Michigan against Ohio State and both QBs had pretty awesome passing stats. I don't know if that will be common or if it was just the one game, but whatever it is, I imagine a balance can be found with the right difficulty level and sliders.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I plan on playing a few more games with the demo this weekend to get a better feel for it, try out the new option pitches and plays.

8. droid43

droid43 Walk On

I'm loving the demo. I've played a ton of games. I've mostly used Oregon, aTm, and Ohio State in order to try out the spread option upgrades. I grew to love the spread offense when it became widely used, and now for the first time I feel as though you can use the entirety of the spread. Options, bubble screens, inside and outside zones out of the shotgun.

I had been forced to become more of an air raid player in the past few NCAA interactions due to the inability to run out of the shotgun. Looking back on it, that's not so bad because now I will attempt to combine the two offenses going forward. The downfield blocking is such a sorely needed upgrade that truly gets me the most excited about 14. The close second would be the CPU finally being a challenge again (I can only imagine what a good set of sliders will do!). I've seen many complaints on OS about overpowered CPU offense, but I welcome the challenge after playing against braindead ai opponents for far too long.

The demo really has me fired up for 14 and this last week is going to seem to be crawling by to me.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  9. WompWomp

WompWomp Walk On

I've been pleasantly surprised w/ the demo. It seems to me that if you play perfect on offense the play always works, especially passing, but if you mess up, you're going to pay for it, which is reality. The blocking across the board is awesome, especially downfield blocking. I have run a couple kicks back to around the 20-30 which is neat, because that really happens. I'm not sure I totally get the when to sprint, when not sprint and how fatigue will work over the full game, but it should be pretty good.
    I wish they had a team I liked to play as, but oh well.