15 hours to RRod

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Colemanchu, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

15 hours to RRod

So I bought a new 360 Arcade last night and just used my hard drive from my other box that I fixed. Sure enough this morning 15 hours after I paid for my box turns off and I got 3 red lights. When I unplugged the cords I noticed that the video cable was stuck inbetween standard and HD. I fixed that and it has worked fine since, has anyone heard of that before?

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    You sure you were getting three Red Rings?

If your video cable is unplugged you get a different warning.

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I've had that happen before when the power cord wasn't in firmly enough. I was sure I had gotten the rrod until I called xbox customer support and they helped me trouble shoot it.

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah it was definately three red rings. My other xbox died a month ago so when this happened again I was about to build a bomb. I almost positive it was the video cord being inbetween settings, or atleast I hope.

5. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

i got 3RROD when my brothers friend tripped over the the power block and unplugged it but it works fine

6. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

yeah it has happened ot me I turend the box on and got the rings i was like noooooooooooo than I realised it wasnt on teh right settings

7. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I had my 3RROD at the begining of the year. I got it fixed by XBOX. Now everytime I turn my XBOX on I fear it won't work. Don't like that feeling.

8. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I got it once when the disc I had in it was off centered somehow...Ejected it, made sure it was flat then it was good to go. Scary feeling for sure...

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think you are now on a watch list or two :eek: