#16 osu @ #7 tamu

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by RynoAid, May 8, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

#16 osu @ #7 tamu

These two teams have a history of close games and it looked like would were headed for another doozy...

The Aggies jumped on top of the Cowboys early with a long opening drive for a TD and then a spectacular INT for a TD by the redshirt Freshman SS Fredericks (6'4 225) from the coach's hometown of Mansfield, TX. It's definitely a candidate for the May POTM.

OSU was reeling at this point... but Steelah was able to calm his crew down and methodically drive the field behind Senior HB Irvin who has had an oustanding career in Stillwater. They scored, cutting the deficit to 14-7.

Freshman QB Chad Williams would make a poor read on the next drive for TAMU and toss his 9th INT of the year, setting up OSU with excellent field position. They took advantage and tied the game up at 14.

The game remained close into halftime with TAMU up 24-21.

The third quarter saw an explosion of points for the Aggies as their defense and particularly that ball hawk SS Fredericks who picked off two more OSU passes. Add in a spectacular punt return for TD and A&M pulled away 38-21.

The teams traded some scores during the 4th and the final ended up 52-35?

GG steelah... my SS won this game for me, literally...

2. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

damn 6'4" 224, you basically have a LB playing safety.....Robertson better stay alert when we play

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yea.. he's a big boy.. my FS is 6'4 220 and a Freshman too. Hufford.. he's the guy Helli wanted so bad. They both look huge back there...

I start 5 freshman on defense... but they are all playing great right now. We've been getting alot better against the run.. our AA soph MLB Polite is a force this season. #1 MLB recruit Whitlock lines up next to him at the other MLB and freshman OLB Tate Miller is all over the field with his speed.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Nice win Ryno, looks like the excellent year-in, year-out recruiting (mixed with some in-season progression lol) is starting to pay off bigtime. Gotta beat that Pesky OU squad....

5. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

Here is the Punt return:
    http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/5451110

I think the INT play took to long, I cant get it to upload at all.