1926 First liquid-fueled rocket tested on this day

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Freakskull, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

Hey fellow owners - here is an update on the H@W League!

1. Team changes -

Some of our newer owners have dilligently put their time in, and have asked to move to vacant teams. I think they should be rewarded. I don't like to remove "caretaker" teams, but active owners are valuable.

Woody from Bills to Eagles
    iBO removed and will come back later
    jay2149 on an approved leave of absence, on autopilot till return
    TMo Boise (mosinator) from Jags/Black Knights to Rams

Contact me for the newest password, thanks.

2. Next up: Fumbles
    Fumbles are too high. I am moving the slider up 8 points, and asking RFF to keep an eye on it. I don't know the final number, but I know its currently too often.

3. CPU INSANITY!
    [​IMG]

This season, I beat the CPU 49ers really bad. Then I played the CPU Ravens, and (say it with me) the CPU cheated. Every long run or big pass called back by one of the 6 holding calls, a fumble by 99 CAR Leveon Bell, the "Roughing the kicker" penalty, etc. etc. The problem is sometimes you cannot beat the computer. If you do, you are probably learning "non-sim" habits. The solution is not the sliders, in my opinion, its MORE OWNERS. I know having a league comes with the natural ebb and flow of owners. I know the id-releasing anonymous nature of the internet attracts "characters."

Also, recruiting is long, time intensive, and frustrating. You have to bust your ass in other communities and build a reputation that people trust. You have to use gorilla marketing tactics and be diligent about it. You have to answer questions, follow up, keep your threads active and deal with site administrators. It's not easy, but that's what it takes.

I would prefer that our CPU sliders match our user sliders, so practice is accurate. But, I believe that the programming for practice is NOT identical to gameplay. Some things work in practice that never work in a real game. so I'm torn. If we do not get new blood, we have people playing the CPU. Everyone should have a reasonable chance to play (fun, fair, and realistically). I see a lot of complaints about CPU play, so I want to change it. Then RFF screws that all up but destroying his CPU opponent.

Will sliders even help the CPU be more fair? I mean 6 holding calls all on plays over 10 yards is NOT a slider issue.

Feel free to add constructive comments here, and we will keep this league something we can all be proud of.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Freakskull

3. akutozo

akutozo Baby, I'm a Brown.

Obviously I have campaigned for the sliders to be changed on CPU previously, given how brutal and tight the losses are. I can't explain RFF's beat down, but he is in the minority. Otherwise, cool.

4. RFF

RFF Walk On

I decline your request.

If you feel the NFL is not a good standard for this league (that's not sarcasm...sometimes it's not), or if you believe my tracking is inaccurate because you've gathered some data, come up with a different conclusion and want to compare, then okay. If you found a mistake in my methodology, awesome, that means I might learn something.

But don't ask me to spend time tracking a number if its controlling slider is ultimately based on the "I just know it" argument. Just be transparent about it, and we can move forward without pretending that anything different is going on. I don't do the stats stuff just to feel busy.

5. akutozo

I think this is a key here. I don't mind us playing as close to "real" football standards as possible, but being able to have everyone across the skill spectrum is important as well. Having close to real NFL results without outright NFL results is acceptable IMO. It doesn't have to be perfect.

Totally understandable if that turns your interest off, but it we were hitting somewhere within 20 to 30% of real NFL results, with users who playcall SIM, I think that would be just as fun.

6. Freakskull

I don't think the league has to reflect the NFL 100%. I want a slider that tells me a 99CAR back is not going to fumble more than once a season, if that. Also, I want to see (unfortunately) Troy's Raiders from a few seasons back LOSE a superbowl because Dri Archer got beamed on a HB toss, and fumbled.

This is what I believe should not happen:
    www.twitch.tv/freakskull/v/54839660
    A fully rested Leveon Bell (99CAR) gets stripped quickly and easily.

And this SHOULD happen:
    www.twitch.tv/freakskull/v/54840015
    Michael Palmer, a blocking TE (70CAR) gets stripped quickly and easily.

I hope you see my point. I want my realism and my fun too.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. akutozo

Leveon Bell has fumbled 1 time in his NFL career. True story.

8. Sir g Neville

Sir g Neville Walk On

I've played 3 CPU games this season, one of which was the Ravens where they truly wiped the floor with me, everything I called was countered perfectly. However my other 2 games were close encounters where I managed to grind out wins against the CPU.

I do think the CPU are a little overpowered, however I'm still a new player and playing tougher opposition only makes me a better player.

No matter what you change I will still be happy as I joined this league to play other users and I don't mind playing the CPU Afew times a season ( even if they are cheating bastards)

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  9. Freakskull

Bell is probably the worst choice since he is such an anomaly. Bell has fumbled only one time in something like ~630 NFL carries, or 799 touches. In H@W, 1 fumble in 1,330 attempts since our file started. Or 1 in 767 attempts if you want to pick only user seasons.

I think it requires more discussion/research. I am going to try some things tonight.

10. Freakskull

So I ran three seasons at different fumble levels. All simulated, with all of our current sliders:

Sliders: fumbles by top ten in carries
    30: 5/3/4/3/5/0/3/1/2/5 (26 total)
    40: 5/3/1/6/7/3/5/3/0/1 (29 total)
    50: 4/6/1/8/5/5/5/5/3/2 (44 total)

11. akutozo

Did you record vs the amount of attempts?

12. Freakskull

No. it was a poor test, i ran out of time.

13. akutozo

I'll run a test for you in the next few days that reviews Attempts/Fumbles/Carry rating. I won't promise when.

14. Mattraq1

Mattraq1 Walk On

What can I do to help recruit? I really dislike all the cpu games I've played this season. On that note in the (I think) 3 games or so I felt like the cpu provided a reasonable challenge that wasn't an autowin. Making them any easier I would just crush them every time. I haven't played the Ravens tho

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  15. Freakskull

(I love to hear that phrase.) There are a couple of ways, with forums being the most common for me.

Create an account on Reddit, EA Sports or similar forums. Create a "sales pitch" and accurately describe the league and what we expect. Then describe exactly how to join. Follow up. Broadcast. Interact, keep your posts fresh and get other members of the league to upvote/comment

• Like Like x 1