Information 1st & 10 Slider testing

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big Suge Knight, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Anyone wanna give Pagamer07's sliders a shot and post your impressions and some stats. Here are his sliders:
    Please post how smooth the game played. Thoughts on AI. Game stats.

2. nobolarrybird

nobolarrybird Walk On

I'll play some games with these settings when I get home form work later and post my thoughts.

3. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Expecting my copy any minute now (translation: UPS BETTER hurry the eff up! :mad:). I'll probably hop in the test dynasty by tonight and play a game or two and post results. Also try out the recruiting.

4. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

I will try the sliders later offline (ugh). Has anyone else noticed that when on Heiman, if you audible to (or even call) a run play, the CPU brings the house? Sort of annoying that they have a psychic defensive coordinator... Other than that I really enjoy the game though. Huge step up from 12.

5. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Here are the stats for my first game against Purdue: SCORE: MIN - 24, PUR - 31 in OT

Minnesota
    Passing: P.J. Carter - 15/23 for 260 yards, 3 TDs, INT​
    Rushing: Carter - 15 car, 42 yards; D. Mills - 10 car, 33 yds; J. O'Donnell - 3 car, 20 yds​
    Receiving: Young - 6 rec, 154 yds, TD; Swain - 2 rec, 30 yds; Lowe - 1 rec, 32 yds​
    Defense: 5 sacks, 4 pass deflections​
    Purdue
    Passing: A. Douglas - 10/19, 120 yards​
    Rushing: M. Ferguson: 22 rush, 175 yds :eek:, 3 TDs, 50 YAContact; J. Brown - 3 rush, 19 yds​
    Receiving: R. Holt: 4 rec, 55 yds; Harrell: 2 rec, 18 yards, 4 WRs - 4 rec, 47 yds combined​
    Defense: 6 sacks​
    One thing I like that I didn't notice until looking at stats: Impact players will actually make an impact on the game. Purdue's DT Ty Edwards (Kawann Short) had 2.5 sacks and 3 TFL, while HB Mike Ferguson (Ralph Bolden) destroyed me on the ground. As for me, QB PJ Carter (MarQueis Gray) ended up being my most effective rusher. Also had a pretty good passing game, though 93 of the 260 yds came on one play. :D
    However, I think the CPU running MAY be a tad bit overpowered. There were a lot of broken tackles (even though only 3 registered, there were multiple times where the RB escaped from a tackle 3-4 times in succession). Maybe it was because I was trying to strip at times, but it still seemed like a little TOO much.​
    Gonna get some more games in with this practice OD before I blame it on the CPU hehe. Oh the game played well too, just got a little boring because Purdue ran it down my throat.​

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

I've played a few games with these sliders and here are my overall impressions:

1) I kinda like normal game speed more than slow. I understand that it is slow because it makes it easier to pass outside, but I think slow game speed makes it impossible to run the ball unless you are running the option.

2) this is related to #1, but with these sliders it feels like a normal running play does not work at all, while the option will gash the D for big yards every couple of times run. I think the entire league will be running the spread option unless we find a way to help the regular run game out a little bit, and I kinda want us to have unique styles so it's not "ok let's stop the option" every time there's a USER game.

3) I also think that the CPU running game is a bit overpowered. They seem to break a tackle every time they get the ball. Even non-scrambling QBs are trucking my linebackers!

4) Roughing the passer happens a little bit too much, we should probably turn it down a bit.

5) The CPU pass rush is really effective, especially off play-action. I think I got sacked or hit as I threw on 90% of my play-action attempts.

All-in-all, I think some of the sliders help gameplay, but the biggest one I'd like to see put back is game speed, I think that will help with the running game a little bit. Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Thanks to Austin1990 for writing my thoughts! I didn't even have to go into detail because everything I noticed is covered. I will add a couple additional items...

1) Injuries. I lost a total of 3 players in the first quarter of my first game. I only played two, and in the second game I lost a few guys getting "knicked" up and only missed time within the game. But the rate of injuries seemed a bit higher than I am used to. Could be that I have always played with injuries low though. Putting it out there. I know Big Suge Knight last night said he didn't notice many.

2) Computer ability to catch their own passes versus CPU controller WR for me were night and day. North Carolina I think completed 12 passes in a row on me IN COVERAGE. Me on the other, couldn't even come close!

8. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    1. I would like to keep the speed at slow for another couple advances on the test OD but I will give it a try in my offline.

2. I have found that you have to stick with the run more in '13 than in the past couple releases. I have had a rough time running the rock early on but had more success as the game progressed.

3. Which teams have you played?

4. I see 1 - 2 a game at most. How many are you seeing?

5. I am not seeing a huge pass rush but let me check the stats.

9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:

There is no injury slider. It is either on or off and I think we all agree it has to be on.

10. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I agree. I played two games last night and my biggest gripe is the passing game. I was actually able to run inside the tackles, but not much success getting outside of line. It could also be the fact the UNC d-line was way superior to my o-line. I'll play a few more game tonight (off work tomorrow) if the OD is advanced.

11. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Yeah dude, unless your talent can matchup with the top teams in any particular area (for you, your passing game for example) you gotta expect to not have as much success. That is, unless you play the perfect game and pull off an upset or two.

As far as the passing game, maybe I'm just good at it but I notice you gotta take what the defense is giving you sometimes. I've only had one bad game, literally, passing the ball between my first OD game and H2H online, and that was last night as SMU. Didn't understand the Run-N-Shoot and basically forced passes and ended up 10-19 for like 160 yds or so.

12. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

The CPU RB Ability is gonna have to be lowered. Whether it be back at 50 or lower than that, right now the CPU in open field is too overpowered.

13. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

What's it at right now? Who are you playing against. I played a H2H match-up last night against Wisconsin and Monte Ball ran over EVERYONE... Ron Dayne style. It was so aggravating considering I even lined up in goal line and managed 3+ yards regardless.

14. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I have spent most of the day studying the results from User games and all the User teams are giving up 5 - 6 yards per carry so I will back that down some.

15. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

RB Ability for the CPU is at 55 right now. I'm playing Michigan. Every time I try a hit stick tackle or try to strip the ball, it's a broken tackle. Now, I know I can't abuse it, but the CPU shouldn't have a GUARANTEED broken tackle every single time I do one of those two. So far, Denard Robinson broke off a run and broke 3 tackles in a row. Didn't even try to slide, just ran right at guys. He did get banged up though.

I also think either user RB ability needs to be raised or CPU tackling needs to be lowered. Very rarely do my RBs break a tackle. I know they're scrubs but in 2 games played I's guess I've broken 2-4 tackles TOTAL. Meanwhile, every player with the ball in his hands breaks them for the CPU. It's very frustrating.

Oh, and I'm doing pretty decent in passing, AS usual. Think both pass defense sliders need to be raised, MarQueis Gray isn't THIs good of a QB at this point. Even though I'm a strong passer, I'm 13-21 for 143 yards so far against Michigan's secondary.

16. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    CPU RB ability is at 45 currently. Hit stick is setting yourself up for missed tackles and so is trying to strip the ball. If you are trying to use either you run the risk of a broken tackle.

17. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Heh, Illinois upset #2 Ohio State in the Dynasty 19-17 :eek:

18. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I just enjoyed that update a little too much

19. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

When are we going to be ready to roll? Are we going to try and take the practice OD through the off-season first?

20. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

I'm guessing we'll probably be into the offseason by the time OS Rosters are done.

Question - did you guys scout in the Preseason? Cause I noticed a lot of my commits aren't scouted at all lol. I have a :3stars:, 69 rated CB as my top commitment but I didn't even notice he wasn't scouted.

21. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

No I just jumped in two weeks back... didn't do anything in the preseason.

22. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Here are the Minnesota/Michigan results:

Michigan 45, Minnesota 35
    Passing​
    MICH: D. Robinson - 13/17, 278 yds, 5 TDs :eek:
    MINN: M. Gray - 20/32, 312 yds, 3 TDs​
    Rushing​
    MICH: F. Toussaint - 12 car, 55 yds, 25 YAC, 3 BTK; Robinson - 11 car, 73 yds, 19 YAC, 2 BTK, 2 FUMB​
    MINN: J. Gillum - 18 car, 13 yds, TD (LNG 7 yds), 19 YAC :confused:; Gray - 4 car, 43 yds, TD; D. Cobb - 4 car, 40 yds​
    Receiving​
    MICH: TE B. Moore - 4 rec, 109 yds, 2 TDs; Roundtree - 3 rec, 130 yds, 2 TDs; Toussaint - 2 rec, 9 yds, TD​
    MINN: J. Harbison (Freshman :D) - 5 rec, 117 yds, 2 TD; Moulton - 5 rec, 69 yds; Gillum - 4 rec, 28 yds; J. Rabe- 1 rec, 31 yds, TD; 3 WR - 5 rec, 67 yds combined​
    Defense:​
    MICH: 14 TFL, 2 sacks​
    MINN: 9 TFL, 4 sacks​
    Thoughts: Game felt smooth...BUT, CPU running seems overpowered...a LOT of broken tackles, pretty much guaranteed when you try to big hit/strip...meaning if you fall behind and need to force a big play, it's not possible on these slider settings...passing may be too good for both sides, may need to tone that down...Denard Robinson should NOT be that accurate, even on a good day...nice to see Robinson shred me though running the ball, though none of the rushed were designed QB runs/options. All scrambles...​
    Also, mMy QB will probably end up my leading passer AND rusher...My HBs suck...two really good freshmen WRs...my defense is horrible...I will get shredded on a consistent basis because of talent alone​

23. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Arizona 17
    UCLA 28

Arizona UCLA
    1st downs 15 13
    Total Offense 261 364
    Rushes 28-155-1 32-164-2
    Comp-Att-TD 17-29-1 11-202
    Pass Yds 106 200
    3rd Conv 3/10 - 30% 3/10 30%
    Red Zone-TD-FG 2-1-1 2-2-0
    Tunrovers 0 0
    Sacks 2 5
    Pancakes 1 18
    TOP 12:07 15:53

UCLA:
    Prince 11/20 200 2 TD
    Farnklin 23 carries 147 yards 2 TD

Arizona:
    RB #25 15 carries 135 yards 1 TD

24. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yes we did but it must not show if you take over a team mid season

25. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    At the next advance the USER RB Blocking slider will be bumped up to 55 to hopefully give us some better room to run. USER Tackling will be upped to 55 so may be we can cut down on some of the broken tackles. I will up the CPU pass coverage to 50 and Pass Rush to 45.

• Like Like x 1