1st and 10 (6.3)

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by Oshiomogho, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

[​IMG]

1st Down
    Air Force @ SDSU
    In a shocker, the Aztecs topped the Falcons in a thriller. It was reported Andrews would need a near perfect and he had it during this game and he was. The Falcon defense didnt spread the field well at times and Andrews found then open receivers. The Aztecs win and Andrews great game were not even the only shockers. True Freshman HB Justin Barrett went off in this game for the Falcons. Typically the Aztecs defense plays the option very well, and this game was no exception but it was the other plays that got to them. There was no preparation for the wildcat offense and Barrett was a bullet getting to the edge and he burned them for his first score. The other long TD went for 76 yards on a simple draw up the middle.
    The game lived up to the big time hype and the nation may have learned a lot.

2nd Down
    Mountain West
    Is Air Force still considered the favorite for the conference? One loss could be huge but the competitive nature of the conference is going to match good teams against each other and teams will get losses, just has to limit the damage and can not collapse. San Diego State has already found themselves in a position they have never been in with a half game up on the conference and a tiebreaker over the Falcons. At the level of play we are seeing from Andrews, he may be able to carry them to a conference title if the defense can hold up against the rest of the top talent. Only the Aztecs, Rams, and Utes came out of week two with a perfect record still but only SDSU has a conference win. Utah and Colorado State matchup in week 5 for the Rams conference open although the Utes have to travel to Air Force in week 4 before that matchup. Wyoming, BYU, and UNLV all lost respectable matchups to top 25 teams and should be able to rebound before conference play.

3rd Down
    Colorado State Offense
    Entering the season, the Rams had 4 QBs to choose from but no one was clearly better then the rest. As the saying goes, if you have more then one QB, you have none. It can be hard to build consistancy with a rotating backfield. Although it seemed Pittman had earned the job outright in preseason, it took less then two games for him to get injured and his toughness is in question. The new Rams offense allows the the QBs to make plays through the air and on the ground and if Pittman can't handle taking hits, it is going to force changes midseason. Even after a solid opener Pittman struggled early against West Virginia before the injury. Wiggins and Sullivan each got pulled in replacement duty after their quick "tryouts" and the true freshman Ward came in and was very inconsistent. At this point, it looks like it is Pittman or bust. If he plays poorly, the team will follow him down. Lucky for the Rams, they got the week to get Pittman healthier and he will return to the offense next week against the Big Boys from Ohio State in a very tough matchup. We'll see if he can pass the test.

4th Down
    Week 4 Conference play
    Conference play really kicks into another gear in week 4. Air Force looks to get back into the conference hunt with a big game at home as the Utes come to town and SDSU looks to keep roling as rival UNLV comes to San Diego. BYU also has to travel to TCU. Traditionally SDSU/UNLV has created some epic games and both teams both appear to be on the rise this year. UNLV got the best of the matchup last year but SDSU is rolling early in the year and appear to be significantly more efficient this year then last year and the matchup was close then. If UNLV's defense can shut them down they may have a chance but the offense has not been dominant by any means early and it may cost them.
    Air Force is always going to be a scary team for any defense and Justin Barrett this year has added an even scarier demension to the offense. It is goign to be hard for Utah to contain him for the entire four quarters. Even if he can only break a few nice runs, he should be able to get his 100 yards and Air Force should control the clock but If Utah can pass the ball around the field and get some points on the board to force Air Force to get away from the run more then they want to, they may not have the offense to keep up. I never bet against a Noffke offense. Barrett is scary good and only a freshman! We'll see which defense can show up or which offense can outscore the other.

2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Our game won't be epic.... Sorry to disappoint oshio.

3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

you that bad this year? I want a challenge! :)

4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I want to give you a challenge...

5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I noticed UNLV is D+ for offense and defense, that has to be rough.

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I'm stragiht D+'s bro.... It's not fun. Especially when the only guy who would of got me wins is out for 9 weeks. (I think its 7 now)